It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what happens to a politician who tells it like it is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ever wondered what would happen if a top member of your government just stood up in public and said "Enough of the lies, here's the reality"? -

UK Chancellor 'faced forces of hell' from no.10

Chancellor Alistair Darling has said 10 Downing Street and the Tories unleashed "the forces of hell" after he forecast the worst recession for 60 years.

He said supporters of Gordon Brown and the Conservatives had briefed against him on "a weekend you could have done without" after his interview in 2008...

A Conservative spokesman said: "...This is amazing public confirmation from the prime minister's own chancellor that he ordered his henchmen to brief against him."

In August 2008, Mr Darling caused a political uproar when he said economic conditions were "arguably the worst they've been in 60 years".

Following this, there were media reports that 10 Downing Street was unhappy with his analysis and his handling of the economy. There were also suggestions Mr Darling might be reshuffled to make way for... a close ally of Mr Brown.

Questioned by Sky News about the response to his comments, Mr Darling said that "the forces of hell were unleashed".

And asked whether that had been orchestrated by 10 Downing Street, he said: "The Tories as well.

**this means both the Prime Minister and other members of the government, plus the opposition party all turned against him at once**

"I do not know why the briefers did what they did. One day maybe they will explain.

"What I do know is, unfortunately and it's not a great source of pleasure, but what I said did turn out to be true."

He told the truth about the economy. Nothing more, nothing less.

I suppose the nearest equivalent on the other side of the Atlantic would be Ron Paul, but he's not actually in government — so this guy is pretty unique, particularly in his role as minister of finance.

But at what point do all the rest start to look like they are flagrantly denying the undeniable? If and when they do come out and admit what Mr Darling said en masse we can only assume midnight has already struck...

[link fixed]

[edit on 23/2/10 by pause4thought]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sure somebody is posting this as I type, but Ron Paul is in government. He's a representative from the state of Texas.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

Fair point. Though I actually meant 'in national government' I didn't mean to diminish Mr Paul's status in any way: he is clearly held in very high standing by very many people, arguably enjoying the respect many national politicians have squandered.

Can you think of any others in such a position who speak up? Do you know of anyone in national government who has tried telling it like it is, but been beaten down with maliciousness comparable to what happened to the UK Chancellor?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a Representative in the UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - duh, that's the Federal (national) government!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Oo that stings!

We've got slightly crossed wires. Here in the UK 'a top member of the national government' means a member of the ruling party who has been appointed by the PM to a post in his ministerial cabinet (i.e. someone responsible for an entire government department). The guy who was treated in this way was & remains Chancellor of the Exchequer - i.e. the person appointed to oversee the entire national economy! In terms of status he is second only to the PM.

RP would very roughly be equivalent to an (opposition) MP (member of parliament) in the UK.

Can you imagine what would happen in the US, or elsewhere, if someone in such a position told the outright truth?

*PS Say cous, aren't these little cross-Atlantic misunderstandings a hoot*

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yeah Here in Canada ( Also Westminster parliamentary system), most of the Government ministers have been reigned in under the "whips" (a real job in W.P.S. by the way) The Liberals make a lot of noise but not a word of real truth comes out of them either. The New Democrats and the Greens are screaming for answers, forget Le Bloc Quebecoius (sp).

I can only think of a few independents and a few in opposition that would have the marbles to stand up and actually tell us whats going on.

Truth might set you free but it wont get you votes.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

This is exactly why I do not listen to politician's, other than to hear the new lies.

They practice propaganda against the perceived enemy, of the day, and sometimes it is us citizens, no matter which particular country you reside in.

It is as well why I buy books like these one and trust to find the truth on my own.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ebb93f8315e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b270a571015b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b78e053de133.jpg[/atsimg]

If you want to know what's going on in Government, just ask a politician, and plan for the exact reverse, and you will be alright, financially speaking.

You know how to tell if a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.

Lame Joke Drums - Rimshot (For use in forums)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
Ron Paul is a Representative in the UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - duh, that's the Federal (national) government!

Bad taste to use "duh" in your response. He obviously isn't from America.
---
Ron is it though and he takes his punches daily from all sides of the spectrum. Other "officials" speak the truth on certain matters as well but this is generally limited to when it suits a certain agenda..

b

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's really very frustrating that so many people know what a joke these governments are but there is really nothing being done about it.

I mean what can be done, obviously no one in a public position can say anything publicly about them or at best they will be humiliated, if not killed, and no one not in the public eye has enough pull to get anything done.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If enough people believe the rubbish coming from the Tories that it wins them sufficient votes at the next election, we know this country is for the can.

Labour are crap, the Tories are liars, the Lib Dems are just a clone of the Tories (IMHO) but without saying anything, and they're all pro-Europe!

We need an entirely different system of politics. This system is broken beyond repair.

Let's get rid of parties, and start voting for PEOPLE. Once we've done that, LET'S HOLD THE B........ TO ACCOUNT! *NO* expense accounts on the tax payer, *NO* non-dom status even though they live and work in the UK.

Something I was taught long ago about politicians stands true as ever - a refusal to deny is not worth the paper they didn't write it on.

The Tories have still failed to state the tax status of one of their biggest donors. This fits the rule above. Don't believe the BS they're spewing for one minute!

If they get in, some of the changes are to severely cut the size and scope of the BBC (which is about as close to a free press as we have in this country) in favor of their new pal Murdoch and News Corp., who will be doing their best to promote the Tories up to the elections. You can bet the most biased press you've seen yet coming from that lot. It seems like a small detail to many, but freedom of the press is all that stands between a Government and tyranny.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

We need an entirely different system of politics. This system is broken beyond repair.

There is a New System on the way. It will be cleverly deceptive as well. It is called The Kingdom. It is waiting in the wings for its coronation. It will be a tyranny which is known as Religious Dominionism.

The World Bank has been funding all the various religions (who now have new names under corporate umbrellas) in buying up the last of the beautiful woodlands and natural undeveloped places. The religions have signed a "green covenant" to protect these lands and be stewards.

It's another maneuver like telling us to give all our money so they could feed the hungry and improve the plight of 3rd world nations.

Many people will go for it because they will not recognize the pretensiousness of it all. It will be a revamped capitalist system.

This New System is actually the "rebuilding of Solomon's temple." Solomon's empire was made very very wealthy on religious pandering. He married wives from many different countries and religions. He built temples for all of those religions. It brought in a lot of pilgrimages. Tourism bloomed and so did the capitalists who made money accomodating them all. The gods of all these religions took in a lot of money, cattle, etc.

The new Kingdom will be run by interfaith religions. Same as Solomon, a religion for everyone. All is One, blah, blah, blah. What you don't know yet, is that archaic laws will return. That is why it is called The Age of Judgement. It will be a return to the Noahide laws. The Kingdom will decide if you deserve a place to live and they will assign you. Your employment will also depend on your allegiance to the agenda.

All of this is going to be short-lived. Don't get sucked in.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
If enough people believe the rubbish coming from the Tories that it wins them sufficient votes at the next election, we know this country is for the can.

Labour are crap, the Tories are liars, the Lib Dems are just a clone of the Tories (IMHO) but without saying anything, and they're all pro-Europe!

Let's get rid of parties, and start voting for PEOPLE. Once we've done that, LET'S HOLD THE B........ TO ACCOUNT! *NO* expense accounts on the tax payer, *NO* non-dom status even though they live and work in the UK.

Something I was taught long ago about politicians stands true as ever - a refusal to deny is not worth the paper they didn't write it on.

The Tories have still failed to state the tax status of one of their biggest donors. This fits the rule above. Don't believe the BS they're spewing for one minute!

If they get in, some of the changes are to severely cut the size and scope of the BBC (which is about as close to a free press as we have in this country) in favor of their new pal Murdoch and News Corp., who will be doing their best to promote the Tories up to the elections. You can bet the most biased press you've seen yet coming from that lot. It seems like a small detail to many, but freedom of the press is all that stands between a Government and tyranny.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

Hear hear, but just to say that the BBC are no more freepress than CNN ABC Fox etc They have many times shyed away from stories that would be damaging to Government/Royals (recently was the case of not reporting and actually threatening to sack several BBC reporters if they got involved with the Hollie Greig child/Down Syndrom sex abuse that implicates Police/Justice Dept as being named by Hollie). Any organisation that goes along with a D Notice are complicit with the LIES of UK PLC.

Lets start with a proper NONE OF THE ABOVE and I'll return to the voting system in the GB.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I think a lot of voter apathy/cynicism is rightly explained in terms of such shared sentiments. But being realistic the system ain't gunna change.

Maybe what we need is politicians with the kind of integrity Alistair Darling showed in this instance. (Let's face it: he knowingly put his neck on the line in simply telling the media the untainted truth.) Maybe such considerations ought to be as high on a voter's list of priorities as what party he/she represents & what policies they advocate.

...That's realistic while at the same time pretty radical.

(*Boy does it make a nice change to be able to praise a top-flight politician.*)

top topics

join