It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A million library books to be sent down the mines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And please tell me that all of you 2012 lovers will off yourselfs the day after, I can't stand this planet being populated with so many idiots.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
First of all I would like to state that i have spent the last two years of my life doing research on every aspect of 2012. I can tell you beyond a doubt that it is real. I have gained information from many different places, and I always cross check all the information that I find.

Sounds interesting -- but did any of your evidence come from the year 2012?

I have been able to dis-approve of many of the theories related to 2012 such as asteroid or comets hitting earth, or nibiru. If you were all so ignorant to the world around you, the warnings about 2012 are everywhere. For 2012 not to happen, it would defy history.

How exactly does one "defy history" in any meaningful way? History is not a law; it is what has happened in the past.

Wake up people, don't eat up what the media feeds you, do some research on your own and make your own conclusions. The media can lie about anything and you'll eat it all up. It's sad really. We depend on the media to inform us of things, but if that information is controlled, we never learn the truth. The only way we can learn the truth, is to look for ourselves. Be motivated, do research, and be willing to learn things against what you have already learned. No one even knows about the 35 mile crack in the world in Ethiopia, because the media never told the world.

www.foxnews.com...

I don't know what the library is doing with all of those books, I haven't done the research on it, but I know damn well, that whatever I read in that article, I'm not going to take as truth, I would rather find out for myself. But the timing is very convinient. It's just another coincidence related to 2012, among hundreds of other coincidences. So ask yourself, when is it one coincidence too many, before its no longer a coincidence? The ancients, experienced this, they've sent warnings that would last beyond their time, for the people that would experience it again. I have lots more to say, but I don't want to preach to a brick wall. I just wish people would stop being so ignorant, and open their eyes.

Share your research with us. Link us to your website or start a thread here. What is your utter proof that something is going to happen in 2012? What were these warnings? (obviously, I can guess at what you'll allege some of them are, but I want specifics.)

Give us your evidence, don't just shout at us that it exists.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK first off, all you wizards that relate 2012 to Y2K... Stop and at least do some reading into why 2012 is such a big deal.
Also, lets think about this book thing a minute. Why do it.. unless Someone has some big reasoning to do so. it is allot of work to go through and at the risk of public scrutiny. Yeah it is possible Tom Cruise is a little off center, BUT to spend that kind of money on a hunch?.. Doubt it. And lets not forget the Seed vault in Norway. THAT was not Cheap and there are some real big investors there.. People that wouldn't just throw money away just because.
These are just a few. And people weren't building bunkers for the Y2K sham.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

1) We all admit that it is more than "just a hunch." There is a lot of stuff that you folk all claim is hardcore evidence which we say is not very good evidence at all.

2) The seed bank at Svalbard is in case of ANY cataclysmic event. It is not specifically for 2012.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Damnit people don't you get it. Even if something 'does' happen on 2012 even in the worst case scenario, your whole job, the meaning of your exhistence is to do nothing. That is what you have been cultured to do since you were children, chase your tail while others take advantage you! These forums will be blowing up until Dec 2012, and if you there are no new posts on dec 23rd, then it is what it is.

We can make up hypohtesis over and over while accomplishing nothing, instead what I suggest and you should listen; listen to what people say, keep your mouth shut, count your bullets and beans. When and IF anything happens it will come to no suprise for you. Just don't try to come to any conclusions when nobody can predict them! AAAAH! [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f38a308b357.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

While I do have some beliefs pertaining to 2012, I also don't think this has anything to do with that.

We have to keep open minds, as coincidences will show up, whether 2012 is a major year or not.

Though, even if it was because of the "end of the world as we know it," I believe they're doing the right thing by protecting the world's literature.

for them!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

They're storing the books til the new library complex is built.

Works from the city's reference library will be stored in the mines, ...while the landmark city centre site undergoes a massive refurbishment to save it from ruin.

C'mon you guys!

It's a GREAT cover story!

S&F, bump.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've spent many a long afternoon in that library and its a fantastic place to study, particularly in the St Pauls-like Social Sciences library under the dome where even the sound of turning pages echo around the space. But the public demand for services and archive facilities had reached their need to be updated a long time ago.

All thats happening is that the collections are being moved down the mines as there's no other available space to put them or other libraries to loan-for-storage whilst the extensive refurbishments take place

If you want to see truely priceless works of the written word in Manchester, head for the the John Rylands Library instead

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

1) We all admit that it is more than "just a hunch." There is a lot of stuff that you folk all claim is hardcore evidence which we say is not very good evidence at all.

2) The seed bank at Svalbard is in case of ANY cataclysmic event. It is not specifically for 2012.
I am looking at the broad picture of all of this.If us "folk" are really off on our thought process to things that "Appear" to be ramping up, then you could all laugh at us , pointing to the paranoid. But to just completely dismiss this as nonsense is as crazy as we seem.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I imagine salt mines are pretty dry. And this actually may be cheaper then trying to buy a bunch of humidity controlled chambers.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Hello, I have found a decent website to fuel any 2012 conspiracy theories.

I did post this link in another thread, pertaining to an upcoming ice age.

the-rabbits-hole.com...

If you are short on time, theres a 13 part series on YT that skims over all the evidence
www.youtube.com...

It has quite a few interesting coincidences that are put into a timeline.

IMHO I am still not sold on the exact date BUT.....History is a good place to start looking for answers.

The Elites know something is going to happen and they are preparing for something. (proof is at that website BTW).

I don't think a salt mine would be a good place to store books if there were a planetary flood event.

Sorry about double posting these links. I should probable start a new thread with these links for the discussion topic.

The cool thing is the guy isn't trying to sell anything, the website doesnt have any banners or adds.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Just seen this on another site i find this strange so started this thread.

ONE million books from Manchester's Central Library – including valuable volumes dating back to the 15th century - are to be put into temporarily storage with many going deep underground in the Cheshire salt mines.

Why i find this strange is why underground until 2013 thats why i put this in the 2012 section.

Central Library will re-open in 2013 with a new state-of-the-art lending library, electronic catalogue and archive centre, to bring historic local collections under one roof. A one-stop customer services centre will also be created on the ground floor of the town hall extension.

Now it could be just as they say but then i get to thinking about them seed vaults now this.
LINK www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

THANKYOU

The seed vaults first and now this, what is happening. They could have easily left the books where they where while they where building the facility. No, something has changed. We have to keep watch over other stories like this from around the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Awesome find! Now if someone can find out if there are other historical or intellectual-type objects that are being stored until similar post-dates. (I like hyphens). Kudos on the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by slitterpig

Thank you, but I was actually asking the guy who said he had researched it for 2 years and KNEW. I wanted to know what evidence he's going off of.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AztecWrior805

DUMB shelters and the ISS has the most important 'stuff'.
"Going Down"? Sir.....

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

They could not have easily left the books there while they built. When you build, you create debris and that sort of thing. Getting that debris on books can damage them. So, yes, they could have left the books there. But it would have been incredibly stupid to.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

This is so silly. I can understand wanting to preserve human knowledge but are these people really so concerned about this 2012 fad that they actually lend it credence? Seems like an awful lot of books to move, they must have an awful lot of faith in the pseudoscience pushers who convinced them 2012 was Doomsday.

Poor people, they sure will feel lame when 2013 is ushered in sans apocalypse. I say make copies of all the books and keep them underground, while 2012 isn't likely to be doomsday that doesn't mean a worldwide disaster won't happen eventually (even if its thousands of years into the future).

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"All will be revealed"

"The cord will be unplugged"

In my extensive meditations and dealings with "entities" from higher planes those were the best answers available. Beings that exist in higher dimensions are somewhat prohibited of sharing soon-to-be events. It is quite frustrating.

Do I believe what I heard/saw?

Unequivocally!

I happen to think this is a two-part thing...plan the renovation to coincide with "whatever" 2012 brings. It's a nice place to take books, and it keeps them safe in the event the library MAY be damaged.

Not really much of a cover story per-say, but more of a "two birds with one stone" deal.

Personally -- I think the internet will go down or the world-wide power grids ... some kind of massive EMP or something, and a "revelation" or sorts (perhaps ET reveals themselves) and we all realize we are EARTHLINGS and not "American, Mexican, Canadian, Japanese ect, ect)

Riots/looting would ensue first (people would go nuts if the whole world went dark). Maybe they don't want molotov cocktails thrown into the library??

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Its legit and I’m really pissed with this 2012 BS, I’ll bet anyone up to a thousand pounds at 100 to 1 with an independent bookmaker that there will not be a worldwide apocalyptic event, if you believe it strong enough you’d put your money where your mouth is after all you'd really have nothing to lose!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join