It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all collectively thinking "is this all my fault?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The title says it all.

I, for one, more often than not have the incredible burden of instinctively knowing that the state of the world, perhaps even the universe, is all due to my own selfishness, apathy, you name it. The mind over matter research has put me in the position to believe that ultimately I am responsible for everything. And not simply I, but you too, since we're all I.

Its a bit of a pickle we've found ourselves in, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Perhaps you're right.....not sure about my beliefs on this.

However, think of it this way.

If our thoughts influence the environment around us, then we DO have the power to change the world! What a wonderful thought!

Start by smiling at those you pass....lighten someone elses day...see what a difference a simple smile makes.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
The title says it all.

I, for one, more often than not have the incredible burden of instinctively knowing that the state of the world, perhaps even the universe, is all due to my own selfishness, apathy, you name it.

True . It's all down to each and everyone of You . The name you are looking for is FEAR .

The mind over matter research has put me in the position to believe that ultimately I am responsible for everything. And not simply I, but you too, since we're all I.

Indeed the truth spoken like a sunshine .

Its a bit of a pickle we've found ourselves in, isn't it?

Only if you are confused about who you really are .

I am not a PERSON yet I own and operate one .

All assumptions and presumptions must cease so one can get to truth of peace .

Cheers .

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Its all cyclical and it is normal to feel this way at this point in the cycle. History tells a story. That story repeats itself.

Power structures do not and cannot last when they are intrinsically at odds with the way human beings come to live satisfying lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
I am responsible for everything. And not simply I, but you too, since we're all I.

Dude, learn to share the burden. What happens if you die ? We are all Us

[edit on 23-2-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Like Ghandi said. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Different people can take that differently but the details aren't important. What's important about that quote is that if we act ourselves the way we wish the world was then we are contributing to that change. Like you are nice to someone, so that person has a better day and nicer to someone else and it gets a positive ball rolling.

Whether you think it's because you are just one more body doing what you are suppose to, or whether you have some greater mental control over reality, it really doesn't matter because they both would eventually result in the same ending, change.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's too late and useless to play the blame game now. Sh*t had already hit to fan. Humanity had more or less realized where the errors laid, and are correcting them in a much considered manner, even though we all know perfection will never exist, but a sought after ideal nevertheless.

Rather than to blame anyone or wait for change, you and I can effect change, beginning with ourselves, our family, relatives and friends.

Thru this manner, we are ultimately connected to each other.Together we make up our society, and the direction we all, or at least the majority by an agreed upon vote, should be heading, out of this mess we are all in.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

I understand, precisely. I feel it will become impossible to deny this link shortly

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasmanaut

the problem is never of faults but only of not doing what is right

while the insistence of not doing what u know being right by itself lead u to more faults to get away as much far possible from rights

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasmanaut

"I understand, precisely. I feel it will become impossible to deny this link shortly"

I feel no need to deny my part in this mess. The key for me is to learn from my mistakes. Consequences for ones actions can be great learning experiences. The negativity in a consequence can be a horrible trap. I found Freedom from this loop in seeking to positively apply what I have learned.

edit on 13-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join