It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I, Really? I'm Not Of This Human Species!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Not of the human species? lol... you have no idea.

According to Bonnie Bassler's of Princeton University's department of Molecular Biology...

I know you guys think of yourself as humans, and this is sort of how I think of you. There is about a trillion human cells that make each one of us who we are and able to do all the things that we do, but you have 10 trillion bacterial cells in you or on you at any moment in your life. So, 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells on a human being. And of course it's the DNA that counts, so here's all the A, T, Gs and Cs that make up your genetic code, and give you all your charming characteristics. You have about 30,000 genes. Well it turns out you have 100 times more bacterial genes playing a role in you or on you all of your life. At the best, you're 10 percent human, but more likely about one percent human, depending on which of these metrics you like.

I know you think of yourself as human beings, but I think of you as 90 or 99 percent bacterial. These bacteria are not passive riders, these are incredibly important, they keep us alive. They cover us in an invisible body armor that keeps environmental insults out so that we stay healthy. They digest our food, they make our vitamins, they actually educate your immune system to keep bad microbes out.

So just to repeat... 99% of what you think of as you, is not human. Of the genome inside those human cells, only about 1.5% of which actually codes for protiens. By contrast, the human genome has thousands of ERV insertion sites in which viral DNA has been transcribed (though inactivated) and passed down through the line of descent. These account for about 8% of the human genome. Slightly more than 5 times more viral DNA exists in your genome than the genes which actually code for proteins.

What makes YOU human is only a fraction of a fraction of a percent. And even THAT is only what codes for the same phenotype as cro-magnon man 30,000 years ago, as well as earlier AMH Homo Sapiens which existed 150~200kya. What makes you human in the typical sense it's thought of in regards to behavior and mentality is the result of hundreds of thousands of years, perhaps even millions of years, of hominid behavioral development that can be lost in a single generation as show by the study of feral and extremely neglected children.

Anyways, when I was 11 years old, a family friend who is a "medium" and has been since the early 80's, told me and my mother, I was from another planet. ~ OP

No, you're not. You're just as human as the rest of us. Now try to figure out what that means.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I always enjoyed being able to manipulate my baby sized physicality to collect a certain nipple shaped object from the fridge. Bah a bungee cord outsmarted by those infernal tall ones.
Chatting for endless amounts of time with the any and all who were available sources of a life time full of wisdom.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
no one feels like they 100% fit in,

Secondary lineage

[edit on 22-2-2010 by drock905]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
From what I've read... souls from other planets... besides being emotionally different than "earth based" souls, also suffer from poor immune systems. Not only is your emotional base different, but your physical one is as well, and your soul has a hard time coping with your human body.

I myself have wondered many times if i'm not originally from earth... but thats besides the point.

You, as well as everyone else, is here on earth, NOW! You are here for a specific reason, and worrying about how different you are or were you came from is besides the point.

Even if you feel like nobody understands you, or that you efforts in the name of love seem to be having no effect, remember that even the slightest action at the right time in the right place can trigger massive chain-effect changes; you may have changed the lives of hundreds of people you don't even know.

Keep living in the light!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

What you fail to understand is the human condition, which is feeling like you are alone and well enough also feeling that you are the only one who feels alone! The truth is everyone feels unique and not understood by society and like they have to individualise and hate conforming... literally everyone. At least in one point of time or another.

Additionally when a traumatic event occurs (such as fathers passing) it is common to feel 'floating through life' and we tend to attach our selves to any idea that brings calm or feeling of balance. Such as that you might be special. I am willing to bet that in a normal circumstance you would have believed the 'medium' was a crack pot but when you are under psychological stress and depression you are more inclined to attach to these beliefs that make you feel temporarily better.

I can tell you honestly because I and nearly everyone I have counselled have been through the same things/similar things/feelings you have and the only difference is in coping, but everyone likes to have a sense of hope, and are far more easily influenced in this state.

I hate to say it but it is a common psychological warfare practice, to traumatise and stress people, so that they will be easily manipulated.

If the medium has something to gain whether money, attention, respect, etc they will play off your emotional state to make you believe. Just my thoughts

reply to post by BlaznRob

Well said Spawn m'boy

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

HAHAHAHA, holy ____!

That was a great post, seriously!

Star for you brother!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Sorry Rhidya, I do not fail!

But thanks for the response.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
FOR THE RECORD....

This Thread Was Created For Those Who
Question Who They Really Are, And If Maybe,
Just Maybe, Our Human Species As Whole Is
Predominantly Made Up Of Matter, Bacteria,
Particles, Souls, etc. From Other Planets!

I Did Not Make Any Claim That I Was Special,
And Was Brought To Planet Earth From An Outside
Planet. Like I Said At The Top Of The OP....
"maybe the title says a bit much"

Probably Should Have Titled This Thread
"What Are We, Really? We're Not Of A Human Species!"

As You Can Tell, I Really Enjoy Raising Questions For People.

Thanks For All The Wonderful Input... This Thread
Has Gone A Lot Further Than I Expected.

Thank You Everyone!

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Tek-Neek55]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I feel exactly the same way as you.

I would gladly exchange all my material possessions to be free. To be able to walk around in a natural environment, and every second making my own decisions with no manipulation.

I work full time, but I hate it to be honest. I hate having my sleep suddenly disturbed so I can "earn a living". Everything I "earn", I don't want. If I didn't have a wife and daughter to "support", I wouldn't be here typing this.

When my birthday or Christmas comes around and they ask me what I want, I say the same thing every year. "I don't want anything". When they press me for an answer, I say "I want to be free".

Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly, but emotionally I can't abandon them as they love me too. But I've always told them, when TSHTF, you can come with me, but if you want to stay as part of the system and beg the Government to save you, you're on your own.

I find it hard to have conversations with people (especially groups) because the subject is always nothing of interest to me. It's always some brain dead subject that seems to be some intellectual competition on who can regurgitate the most processed information.

I love thinking so much, I can't even understand how people can get bored. If I've got nothing to do, that's excellent! More time to think! Yet it seems some people get bored because they can't do this, so they rely heavily on entertainment to pass the time.

I feel like Christopher McCandless in "Into the Wild". I'd love to follow his footsteps one day, even though he died.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

WOW!

Everything you just said relates to me 100%.

Although I dont have a wife and children, I have my mother,
who I say the samethings to. "I dont want anything." "When
TSHTF, you can come with me." "If you want or think the
government will hold your hand, youre on your own."

Thats crazy man... We must be on the same branch on this
so called "TREE OF LIFE."

Friends???..... Friennnds!

Thanks for your response!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Whuoops!

Double Post.

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Two things to go out and google “metaphor” and “individual”. The medium may have been speaking metaphorically.

Your are certainly not alone here. I have similar experiences and have grown fed up with the “cookie cutter mentalities” I have seen in the corporate world. Yes I faked it in the workplace and I faked it in the left. The trouble is that we have become a world of policers so everyone wants to get into everyone else’s business and interpret them to according to their agenda.

You may be a non conformist.

Before you think that this is the basis of a beautiful relationship consider this: We will disagree over something or even loads of stuff. However I defend your right to be who you really are or just whoever you are at this moment.

I have never “walked around in your shoes”.

Rgds

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I find it hard to have conversations with people (especially groups) because the subject is always nothing of interest to me. It's always some brain dead subject that seems to be some intellectual competition on who can regurgitate the most processed information.

I can relate to this very much. It is the one thing I wish I can influence in this world. Can we work to have meaningful discussions with each other? I don't want to hear about what someone knows...I want to hear how they feel about things, what drives them, what kind of world they want to live in. I get an empty feeling in my stomach when people talk about the little things in life that they think are real. I guess to them it is real as they base their decisions off such information.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Maybe there really are people in this world
walking around without a spirit. I've met
people who only want to talk about facts,
what can be "proven" by science, politics,
and history. Those people seem to have no
emotions whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Could, yes, Won't no.
Nothing supernatural about it anyway. We all have it. Just remember, everything is Energy.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Wow. Your vague, sarcastic, mightier-than-thou-but-thee-could-do-it-too responses have convinced me!

Could you, at least, point me in the direction of the source of your superpowers?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Haha, well, you failed at spelling my name...

After your response to Paul I see you missed my point completely then, you feel so relieved that he feels very similar and that you relate, yeah so do I, I feel just like Paul. That IS my point. We all feel the same deep down. It just doesnt show often until you REALLY talk to people. And it seems so miraculous unless you know better.

You're young. But Im younger than you haha! Ive just had a #load experience in this type of thing... and over time you slowly realise every one is the same deep deep inside!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Haha, well, you failed at spelling my name...

After your response to Paul I see you missed my point completely then, you feel so relieved that he feels very similar and that you relate, yeah so do I, I feel just like Paul. That IS my point. We all feel the same deep down. It just doesnt show often until you REALLY talk to people. And it seems so miraculous unless you know better.

You're young. But Im younger than you haha! Ive just had a #load experience in this type of thing... and over time you slowly realise every one is the same deep deep inside!

I guess I didn't feel you were that important to correctly spell your
name...

Oh, and believe me, I understood your post quite well. For one, you
failed to comprehend a lot of what was said in my OP.

First off, I do not feel alone by any means. There wasn't one sentence,
or phrase that made such a claim to my personal being feeling alone.
And no, my condition does not relate to feeling alone one bit. If anything,
I learned quite quick to feel more loved, and appreciated by those who
were and are still in my life after my father passed, no lonelyness at all.

Second, after my father passed, I did not feel as if I was "floating
through life." That was your misinterpretation on trying to understand
my OP by conforming what "I" said to your experiences through
counselling or mentoring people. BTW, I think that is awesome what you
do, or have done to help those in need.

Third, if you were to read my OP over again, you would surely realise
that my father passed away long before this "medium" implied to me
that I was from another planet. Did I like hearing that? Did it put me into
a position to think I was special? Heck no, I thought this "medium," like
you said, was a "crack pot." Remember I was 11 when she told me this.
My father didn't pass away till I was 18.

"Ridhya," I do appreciate your response. Just don't come across tellling
me how I "feel" just because you have experience with helping others
in need of mental assistance...especially over a internet website forum,
that was ridiculous. That's the main reason why I did not respond to your comments.

But guess what!?!?!

You're now important enough! I feel delighted to spell your name correctly.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55
FOR THE RECORD....

This Thread Was Created For Those Who
Question Who They Really Are, And If Maybe,
Just Maybe, Our Human Species As Whole Is
Predominantly Made Up Of Matter, Bacteria,
Particles, Souls, etc. From Other Planets!

Have you read the book The 12th Planet?

It puts together an actually good argument that we were genetically engineered by the Nefilin (aliens) using their similar DNA code and the code of the earth based Homo erectus to create us, the Homo sapiens about 300,000 years ago. The reason they did this was to create a slave work force on earth with the focus of that work force in Africa. Everything from their arrival here 430,000 years ago to the creation of Homo sapiens s 300,000 years ago, and their absolute control over us in the form of Gods was lost during the great deluge that was not only talked about in the bible, but also every past culture in the world.

An interesting point was how we just sprang into an extremely advance civilization seemingly out of nowhere with the Sumerian civilization about 3800 BC , a short time after the great deluge. Every great civilization from the Mesopotamian to the Egyptians and so on all have their roots started from the Sumerians.

With millions of years of extremely slow advancement with Homo erectus we should still be millions of years still away from any advance civilization, but it basically happened over night. So maybe we are not human, but a hybrid of the humans that went the way of the mammoths.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Thank you XtroZero!

No, I have not read that book. Though I have heard of it, as well
as other claims stating that we were genetically engineered by
an advanced race from another planet.

Thanks for the insight, I will keep my eyes open for that book!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join