It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Religion ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Spiritual is inward whereas Religion is outward,
There is a clear distinction of this in Paul saying;
"to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good I find not...
but the evil which I would not, that I do" in his subject of Romans 7:14-23

But though it seem like so much hypocrisy it is important that it be practiced and exercised unto identifiable significance, else there could be no personal response unto any outcome of it at all~ and "GOD" would only be an 'idea or concept' (THEOS) which our actual body could only 'petition beg or plead' (DEO) -whereas the underlying word EL ('to/toward'; intent) or ELaH ('objective/goal'; purpose) shows required response to ability!

[edit on 2010/2/21 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

I disagree. Religion is also inwards looking but it is more formal than mysticism and spirituality.

I would suggest this though that religion is an outward expression of an inner reality.

Personally I believe that religion is what the disciples do to the teachings of a master once they realize how hard they are to live up to.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the many response as all of the given opinions had some great points .

It would seem to me than one may conclude that the simple belief in something could be called " spiritual " . Once that person starts to form , teach and or learn those beliefs we then find religion .

After a period of time these shared beliefs then lead to traditions and eventually a " hierarchy " .

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Listen closely because I have thought A LOT! on this subject. All the major religons are all true. Religon is no more then the explanation for everything around us. Usually taught through parables, or stories, but mainly through experiences. I cannot say whether the stories in the bible or the torah or the Quaran are true or not, but I can tell you that what that story is trying to tell you is true. So than I guess most people would say okay if religoin is true, then what the hell is God? Well I will tell you God it not a man, not a woman, nor is it a Physical being. God is nothing more then the consiousness of the world. The very outline of everything. That being said, we are all God! Any orginism with a spirit is Devine, and is God itself. Jesus was No different from you or me, You see he was born a normal child. He didn't have any miraclulous powers as a child, simply because he was a child and did not know. Which is the case for most of us. We all have the power, but we do not believe. When you pray, the energy your brain is producing is sent out, into the consiousness of the world, Thus karma. The more you believe, the more it is likely to happen. There is no God in a place sitting on a throne. We are all God, and there is truley only one "God". I will explain it as simple as I can.

We are all little cells in a body. We are all alive, and organisms by outselves, But together we make an even bigger, and more powerful organism. Thus God.

So you can choose to not believe, You can go ahead and make a life in this place called earth, But this matterial world is nothing more than the Matrix. It's real, it's moving, it keeps going on, But in reality there are bigger things going on, and no one can even begin to realize that.
I myself do not affiliate myself with any religon, I read the bible, I study other religions, But I will never call myself Christian, or a Buddist or muslim. I do believe in God though. I just can see that classifying things is a weak way of going about living. We have been programmed to believe we are not strong enough to be powerful, and we have to be told what to do, and live by rules and guidelines. Hey it works, and things get done, But when it comes to it, We are living a Lie.

So in conclusion Religion is a way of explaining the physical, and non physical world around us. Though all religions are right, People are in nature evil, and will continue to be, But we also have the power to overcome that evil. All religions are Right! Stop the fighting because it's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The OP said opinion, right?

Religion is anything one does more than once. Like breathing.Such as the brushing of ones teeth. If we only did it once ...just imagine. Any instance that can be shown reverance by ceremonial repitition. This can be both positive and negative at the same time. Religion seems to be a search for a past feeling. Chasing the Dragon.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by psyko45]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join