It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Games, a Conspiracy in the making

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ok first i am not trying to bash the Olympics i know some of you feel about America wining in the olympics, but dont you think there is a Conspiracy in the games? why always america wins the winter games? look at 1984 in yugoslavia america stunned the world by winning, again in canada 88 and again in japan.

If you ask me i believe there is an conspiracy behind these games, not to mention how in my country wont mention which, news networks skipped some countries during the opening of 2010 games, which includes greece, they just skipped to another country again for a short second, but once canada america or some other G7 nations came into the play,

thats when the tv news crews followed them until again other country came in.

If you ask me it is unfair to skip greece at begging because after all that's where the fire came from right?

Another note, i noticed during the Figure Skating i noticed how the judges were corrupted,greedy, selfish and gave the gold medal to american, but sorry ATS members i saw his skating, in truth, Evan Lysacek wasn't really great, not even good he was just waving his hands into the crowd if you call that

Figure skating then shoot me, i also noticed after he finished with his so called dancing instead of waiting for his scores on the booth like every other skaters, he was talking to the media press.

Excuse me but shouldn't you wait first for the scores? oh wait i understand he alright knew he was going to get the gold in the first place

No offence but i also would like an investigation into this skating event that happened.

No offence but why is america always winning the gold medals? current atm no body likes america, so america hasn't earned the right to win, i dobut its because of the best players, i believe there's another reason for whatever the

The truth goals are meet.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
[edit on 20-2-2010 by ThirdJohnAdams]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Your rant fails... big time. And fyi, Norway has won the most medals ever in the winter games so maybe your thread should be about Norway instead of the US?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is no "winning the Olympic games." Sure they keep track of the medals and list them according to the number of medals each country has won. But, they don't even list them according to who has won the most gold; each medal is treated as equal. So, I don't have a problem with America winning the most medals. They have a large population and they support their athletes really well. They should win a lot of medals. Other countries that either have a large population and/or support their athletes also do well.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why care?

It is just a bunch of people who learned and devoted their lifes to a trick. And now we see who has learned the trick the best. Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
_double post_

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Your rant fails... big time. And fyi, Norway has won the most medals ever in the winter games so maybe your thread should be about Norway instead of the US?

I dont mind eupore wining or norway for the fact

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Take a peek...

All-Time Olympic Games Medal Table - WIKI

Time Line Results - Olympic Medals History

ETA: 2nd link

[edit on 20-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
they just skipped to another country again for a short second, but once canada america or some other G7 nations came into the play,

thats when the tv news crews followed them until again other country came in.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

I know it's hard to believe, but the USA is very popular among other countries people during the olympics.

I was in Barcelona for them and was really flabbergasted at the support the USA got in just about every event.
"Dream Team" tickets were basically unavailable, and were seemingly a more important event locally than Spain's win of the soccer gold.
While waiting in line at the volleyball finals, I was repeatedly asked for one of my American Flags. I was worried what might be done with them! I gave a few away, and was surprised to see them not burning, but waving, all through the finals!

It's no doubt the USA athletes get more attention than most others, but people really seem to like us.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No offence but why is america always winning the gold medals? current atm no body likes america, so america hasn't earned the right to win, i dobut its because of the best players, i believe there's another reason for whatever the

1. The only people who DESERVE to win are those that score the best in the world. There is no RIGHT to win...

2. There were plenty of AMERICAN skaters who were scored low too, like in couples last night. That first couple was way better than many of those who came after, but still somehow scored less. Unless we're qualified judges though, we may not be aware of all of the deductions, exact scoring, etc.

3. Many athletes come to America for opportunities, top-notch coaches, lucrative endorsement deals, (sometimes even just adequate facilities) etc., so it makes sense that naturally, they'd have the best talent pool to pull from, and of course, America is likely to win more medals, as we are a melting pot of cultures. Sure, America may win a gold, but that particular athlete may be from Japan, Russia, etc. (how about the Japanese gal who became a Russian citizen, just to be trained by that coach?)

4. We're not that far ahead, last I looked.

5. America has more tv sets than most countries, more tv networks (and thus more crews), and it makes sense that yes, American teams would then have more press following them than other countries, to report for the folks back home.
4. We're not exactly that far out ahead, last I looked...

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The only thing that is a conspiracy is the fact the Canada has spent 113 million dollars in the last 5 years on the "Own the Podium" campaign, my taxes I might add, and we are tied with South Korea...

Thats the conspiracy. 113 million dollars on mittens and Tim Hortons memorabilia emblazed in native art.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by MrSmith]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Money well spent. We got a lot more value for that money than most government expenditures. For instance the auto bailouts.

top topics

join