It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin VS Family guy. New Twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Family guy did a great episode that poked fun at Sarah Palin and it made the news because she tried to play the sympathy card and say it was attacking kids with down syndrome

Here is her remarks.

www.fancast.com...

Asking, “When is enough, enough?” Palin called the ‘Family Guy’ episode, which included a girl with Down Syndrome saying her mother is “the former governor of Alaska,” a “kick in the gut.”

She also posted her daughters comments on her facebook page

“If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed,” Bristol was quoted as saying. “All they proved is that they’re heartless jerks.”

Well it gets better because the girl that played the voice of the character on the show actually has downs syndrome and she talks smack at Sarah Palin.

full article is here
www.fancast.com...

“I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line “I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska” was very funny. I think the word is ’sarcasm.’ In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life.”

Best line

“My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy votes.”

I think it is awesome the setup they did on Palin and how this actress is putting a face on people with downs, they are people also and don't need to be treated so differently.

This link has the hulu video in it.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 19-2-2010 by whoshotJR]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I think it is awesome the setup they did on Palin...

She does a fine job of making a mockery of herself, it's almost too easy.

The recent flap over the "r" word, and her complaint about Rahm Immanuel...then she lets Limbaugh slide? Pure hyprocrisy.

Especially in view of the Levi Johnston interview, where he relayed how she behaved on the campaign trail...asking staffers to "bring my retarded baby"....

Too bad she is still the 'darling' to some right-wingers, who think she walks on water or something. Still, hope she stays around a while longer, just for the comic relief.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I saw this story this morning and was going to post it as an update on the existing thread...but I couldn't find the existing thread...so I gave up.

Personally, I didn't find the Episode of Family Guy offensive before hand, but now...LMAO @ Palin. Now let's watch and see if Palin makes any further comment on the issue. I would love to hear her come out and "scold" the girl that did the voice...shaking her finger saying "you should know better"

Palin...the American Parent

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I get so sick of Hollywood liberals pushing their agenda through movies and tv shows. Add it to the list of one more show on TV I don't watch, and there isn't much out there worth watching anyhow.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If the voice had been done by limbaughtard then sarah wouldn't have had any issues with it what so ever. Listening to sarah I can see where trig gets his personality.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I get so sick of Hollywood liberals pushing their agenda through movies and tv shows. Add it to the list of one more show on TV I don't watch, and there isn't much out there worth watching anyhow.

So...the liberal agenda here was what then?

Consider it...what was the agenda...a downs person in a cartoon satire show....

Would the anti-liberal agenda then be to never have a downs kid on a satire so we dont have to look at the little retards or consider them as part of society?

Those wacky liberals at it again, this time reminding people of those damn retards.

I agree though, it all went downhill when they stopped letting us whites paint our faces black and do renditions of "Mammy"...damn liberals and their focus on reality mixed with humor

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
If the voice had been done by limbaughtard then sarah wouldn't have had any issues with it what so ever. .

Of course not, because then its satire

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And Palin is such a moron she doesn't realize this is exactly what the creators of Family Guy wanted.

She just gave them a huge plug...and now people who may have never heard of Family Guy are watching it. Free advertisement from goofy Palin.

If anyone watches Family Guy...they know that they have made fun of everyone and everything. So my question to Palin is...was all of that OK? But they crossed the line with this?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So, we have a joke of a 'politician' , at war with a pathetic joke of a entertainment outlet.

Why do we care?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well, I'm sick of humorless conservative twits like Sarah Palin and their agendas.

At least "Hollywood Liberals" can push their agenda in a humorous way...
I'm sure there are some "Hollywood Conservatives" that still have a
sense of humor, and don't go all "HARUMPH-HARUMPH-HARUMPH!" when
they can't think of something witty or humorous to rebut with.

She should have disappeared months ago. The more she tries to remain in the
spotlight, and the more she opens her mouth, the easier it is to just rip into her.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

I think Stephen Colbert sums it up pretty good.

Look what she wrote on her hand.

She wrote "Energy",

"Budget cuts" (crossed budget out and put "tax" haha)

and "Lift American Spirits."

Tough things to remember.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Nobody is off limits in comedy. That's the way it should be. The day we start censoring comedy is the day we should really be worried about the right to free speech.

The former governor should know better. The fact that she expects people to react the way she is just goes to show how disconnected she is from the actual American citizen.

I'd think most people would understand quite easily that if those in power, or those vying for that power are incompetent, either naturally or accidentally then people are going to point fingers and laugh at you.

America LOVES to laugh at people, all in good fun of course. I love family guy personally, I think it's clever and sometimes downright mean, but hey it's also part of it's charm.

He's just saying what we don't have the stones to.

You should laugh back Sarah, it's all you got. It would be the most "real" thing you did since Senator McCain called and you said yes.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

People, don't you worry about Sarah Palin, while Tina Fey is still alive.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Because conservatives certainly NEVER push an agenda through the media...

come on, dont be so naive as to turn this into a liberal vs. conservative thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Agenda? The show goes off on all sorts of things that are pop culture. Palin was the one who was dumb enough to try and grab the lime light and comment on this. They knew that she is a person who loves the spotlight and used it against her. I think its great on either side of the aisle to get politicians like this.

I bet this will take another twist when she tries to respond again because she thinks this will keep her in the papers. They should do another show and make peter part of the GOP and have him join the teabaggers. Maybe end it with obama getting tea bagged!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The former governor...

I don't think she is deserving even of THAT much respect!

At best, she's a "half-governor"....She frakking QUIT about half-way through her first term!!!!!!

WHY??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Isn't it obvious, by now?

top topics

join