It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogu of the Jomon link to UFO/extraterrestrial no longer valid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I was recently looking at photos trying to find evidence to support my theory of extraterrestrial intervention in human history. I actually debunked the Dogu of the Jomon pictures. We all know that there is a genetic link from East Asia to the America's, Orthodox history/archeaology/anthropology points to the Bering strait. There are other theories, but I will stay on topic. I have now found something that has been left out to sell books and theories take a look. I think this the best example of debunking I have seen for the Dogu extraterrestrial space suit theory.

Dogu statuary
Inuit Snowgoggles
Inuit Wearing Snowgoggles

If we look at these pictures we can see one of two possibilities:
1.) The Jomon traded with the Inuit, or vice versa
2.) The Jomon are ancestors of the Inuit

We can definitely see how the disk shaped eyes and the exaggerated body parts are probably winter clothing that the Inuit/Jomon wore. They are most likely not Space suits.

Thanks everyone hope you liked. Sorry the pictures aren't directly on the page, still don't know how to do that.

[edit on 18/2/10 by Shadowed]

[edit on 18/2/10 by Shadowed]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Great... I love the pottery
but for real Good find

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilthunda00

Thank you for the kind words. Although it seems not many are going to view this thread it has already seemingly been buried, perhaps I should have posted it in the UFO/Alien thread?!?! Oh well!!! Live and learn.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good catch.

I'm surprised you have not had more comments.

It certainly does look like a stylized fellow in thick clothes and slit goggles.

I find the idea of ancient aliens fascinating although I'm not convinced yet. I'd rather believe we managed to build early civilizations without help from ET.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Yeah I was surprised as well. I thought I'd definitely get more hits than I do. I was just looking for research and it hit me in the face debunked part of my belief, however it made me happy that I have my open mind enough to debunk my own belief.
I would have probably had better luck on the UFO thread, but it was ancient civilization so I put it here. O.o
thanks for stopping by anyhow. ^_^

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ooooh...! I don't think this is really true, but it is an interesting enough connection...

I've always thought the Dogu Figurines were just a carving of a god, though

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Just remember there are a lot of people that are using the Dogu as proof of alien contact. That is what I am trying to prove invalid here. There is hard proven facts that the Native Americans, not necessarily all came across the Bering strait.
What are you saying that you don't believe to be true exactly?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

Nobody likes to see evidence that their favorite theories are wrong. Maybe ask a mod to move your post to an alien UFO area?

The dogu figurines could be children's toys. Like army men when I was a kid. Adults all decked out on their way to do important adult like things.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

As much as I hate to say it, I don't know how to talk with the mods. O.o I haven't started posting until quite recently. So I am as yet unsure how to do that. Thank you though I do appreciate your feed back. ^_^

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They might not answer, but I think you can u2u them using their names at the bottom of this page and the u2u link at the top. Hope it helps!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

Now we wait I suppose, I think I got it. Thanks. Hopefully it ends up over there. If not, maybe it will take off here you never know?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Now it's in the right spot!!! Thanks Mod!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I hope you get more replies now.

Have you found any others like this?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by BritofTexas]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

No not yet but I may encounter more as it goes along. My field of research in Anthropology may bring me to more findings. ^_^

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Still can't believe this topic died so easily...>_<

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What do you make of the painting from India at the top of this page?

www.uforth.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Sorry for the late posting. I hadn't realized there was a reply. I truth at face value, it would definitely have to viewed as a humanoid with a spaceship in the background, but without the context of the rest of the drawing it is hard to make definite conclusions. Can you track down the rest of the drawing?

I did some of my own digging and could only find the smaller incomplete image that you provided. I do want you to know that I am not against the idea of "ancient aliens". Just that the claim that the Dogu are alien depictions.
edit on 6/10/10 by Shadowed because: alterations

top topics

join