It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Stack suicide note

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Joe Stack suicide note

i2.cdn.turner.com...[/ur l]

in pdf form, the suicide note of Joseph Andrew Stack, describing his beliefs, prior to his piloting a plane into the 190 offices of the IRS in Austin, Texas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0218102stack1.html]www.thesmokinggun.com
www.youtube.com

[edit on 18-2-2010 by benpadiah]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i2.cdn.turner.com...
(visit the link for the edited suicide note)

17.6 MB in pdf form, the suicide note of Joseph Andrew Stack, describing his beliefs, prior to his piloting a plane into the 190 offices of the IRS in Austin, Texas. Called "anti-government" and "anti-wallstreet" on CNN, the contents of this note are based on Stack's personal beliefs on topics such as capitalism vs. communism.

www.benpadiah.com...
(visit the link for the unedited suicide note)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, that guy got screwed... a lot..... holy sh!@.........

He makes many valid points most of which I agree. I guess the biggest problem is... he is absolutely right...

I don't think it justifies killing innocent people to hit the not so innocent. That part is a tragedy.

He should have tried something not as violent.... Like you tube... lol

[edit on 18-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benpadiah

He's got "entitlement" issues, don't he...it's as if the world owes him retirement, IRA, and congenial engineering work...He needed a little more functional everyday realism and a little less bourgeois expectations...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I disagree, I think it was less "entitlement" issues and more "fed up" issues. He lost his retirement several times due to conditions that where not his doing. I think anyone would be fed up. Including you...

I think talking to the lady that could only afford to eat cat food iced the cake too..

Not to mention he brought up amendments to section 1706 of the tax code which basically includes the entire working population...

He discussed the ludicrousness of the bailouts and a ton of things we have said many times here at this site almost verbatim.

I don't think his actions where justified but his words have a point.

Edit: If it was entitlement he was after suicide wouldn't have done much good to entitle him.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He read the handwriting on the wall. Expect more of this in the future.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While his suicide manifesto raises some concerns he has with our government, what he forgot is that it is still OUR government. It is up to us "we the people" to change what distresses us.

His means of attempting change endangered other innocent people, and so therefore his methodology is WRONG! I know that is only my opinion, but one of my daughters was in a 5 story building that houses the IRS today in my city. My daughter in no way should contribute a "pound of flesh" to his (or anybody elses) tax woes. None of the people in that building should contribute to his tax woes.

There are people here, on ats, that (maybe rightly so) believe we can no longer control our government, but I have to believe that most if not all here will protect innocent life at all costs. It's why I come here and read.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rotorwing

Ya I know.. cause if he voiced his opinion about something on things such as the internet or the capitol, people would actually take him serious enough right? Oh wait now.. it did say in his letter that he tried that route and well Nobody Listened.. Interesting that eh?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wonder why the FBI didnt want his note getting any attention?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I don't tell my life story (it always sounds like lies) so but please may I baldly assert, nothing that Mr. Stack seems to have been through would make me fed up.

He has the unsuccessful convict attitude, there is always some reason why the world is bad and you don't got a chance and it's not your fault...
The world is bad, but if I require external-world changes that are outside of my immediate control (versus adapting my approach, which is indeed under my immediate control) then I am being childish and I ain't thinking right.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
I wonder why the FBI didnt want his note getting any attention?

Dunno. We all know that if we work hard that we will all be able to retire peacefully, and live a happy life. At least, that's what the fairy tales have always told us.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by DaMod

I don't tell my life story (it always sounds like lies) so but please may I baldly assert, nothing that Mr. Stack seems to have been through would make me fed up.

He has the unsuccessful convict attitude, there is always some reason why the world is bad and you don't got a chance and it's not your fault...
The world is bad, but if I require external-world changes that are outside of my immediate control (versus adapting my approach, which is indeed under my immediate control) then I am being childish and I ain't thinking right.

What your saying is ok, IF the whole world was like you. But it`s not. Not everyone can take being stepped on all their lives, or will put up with it for very long.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Life is about getting stepped on.....

I totaly understand where your coming from... and you have an ignorant perspective. There are to many idiots in the world.... many of these idiots dont udnerstand why the world is changing and idiots are no longer allowed to roam the streets.

We have advanced artificial intelligence, nano bots, and home nuclear powered generators just around the corner. Some of the most powerfull technology will be in the hands of a normal citizen. People who desire to remain stupid are a burden to the progress of the world....

Educating a stupid person is always so evil and horrid.... how dare you force a parent to take parenting classes run by the replilian overlords. How dare you force ignorant people into debt to force them to learn. How dare you attack the pitifull beliefs of the religious nut. How dare you force children to be taught about other religions.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is truly a shocker, i gotta say.

being angry with the government is one thing, but to lash out on the civilians who the government controls? what is that gonna achieve? aside from more ridiculous laws...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotorwing
While his suicide manifesto raises some concerns he has with our government, what he forgot is that it is still OUR government. It is up to us "we the people" to change what distresses us.

His means of attempting change endangered other innocent people, and so therefore his methodology is WRONG! I know that is only my opinion, but one of my daughters was in a 5 story building that houses the IRS today in my city. My daughter in no way should contribute a "pound of flesh" to his (or anybody elses) tax woes. None of the people in that building should contribute to his tax woes.

There are people here, on ats, that (maybe rightly so) believe we can no longer control our government, but I have to believe that most if not all here will protect innocent life at all costs. It's why I come here and read.

I don['t know about anyone else, but it seems you are saying YOU will protect innocent lives at all costs? OK champ, go protect some of those Iraqi civilians that are being MURDERED WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS as we speak. YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE MURDERS. Go protect em at all costs. Go ahead. What are you gonna do?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hi I am pretty close to Austin, the local news is not reporting the IRS building they are reporting the building as echelon 2 which I imagine is the same building.

Does echelon operate out of that building?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
His manifesto strikes me as being a massive intellectualization, a poorly developed ego-defensive shell of a extremely wounded narcissist.

Other than that, it's kind of spooky how in tune it is with the issues of the day.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is quite interesting. All of the banter in this letter is reminiscent of of some of the posts and opinions that I have read on this very site.

The attacks on this guy's mental capacity are a tad surprising from posters on a conspiracy site that has never ending threads promoting the idea that the US government is the route of all.......

I don't condone the action this man took to get his opinions heard. He does appear to see himself as a martyr for the people. Although we will see if this letter fades into obscurity or perhaps causes some to take a second look at the issues he has raised.

This unfortunately might be the only way to be heard these days as he states in the letter that it has come down to violence being the only way to be heard nowadays.

But government may already be to big. Any and all protests against big government are quickly squashed. Whether through the shadows or through the media with labels like crazy or nuts or extremists etc.

The media portrays anyone who goes against the grain as cuckoo and the
(sh)people follow suit.

This may just be the beginning.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by FiatLux

Life is about getting stepped on.....

I totaly understand where your coming from... and you have an ignorant perspective. There are to many idiots in the world.... many of these idiots dont udnerstand why the world is changing and idiots are no longer allowed to roam the streets.

We have advanced artificial intelligence, nano bots, and home nuclear powered generators just around the corner. Some of the most powerfull technology will be in the hands of a normal citizen. People who desire to remain stupid are a burden to the progress of the world....

Educating a stupid person is always so evil and horrid.... how dare you force a parent to take parenting classes run by the replilian overlords. How dare you force ignorant people into debt to force them to learn. How dare you attack the pitifull beliefs of the religious nut. How dare you force children to be taught about other religions.

OT:
Can you show me where I said ALL life is about being stepped on? Did I really mean that? OR, is that the way you are taking it? If you didn`t catch the drift of it, I was meaning not all people are perfect, or have a perfect veiw of the world. Did you get my drift now?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
His manifesto strikes me as being a massive intellectualization, a poorly developed ego-defensive shell of a extremely wounded narcissist.

Other than that, it's kind of spooky how in tune it is with the issues of the day.

Spooky, or contrived to appear that way, for a reason?

I mean, he actually met and talked with the mythical Crazy Cat Lady who eats cat food herself, cause her dead hubby's benefits dont cover her bills.

What?

"The significance of independence, however, came much later during my early years of college; at the age of 18 or 19 when I was living on my own as student in an apartment in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. My neighbor was an elderly retired woman (80+ seemed ancient to me at that age) who was the widowed wife of a retired steel worker. Her husband had worked all his life in the steel mills of central Pennsylvania with promises from big business and the union that, for his 30 years of service, he would have a pension and medical care to look forward to in his retirement. Instead he was one of the thousands who got nothing because the incompetent mill management and corrupt union (not to mention the government) raided their pension funds and stole their retirement. All she had was social security to live on.

In retrospect, the situation was laughable because here I was living on peanut butter and bread (or Ritz crackers when I could afford to splurge) for months at a time. When I got to know this poor figure and heard her story I felt worse for her plight than for my own (I, after all, I thought I had everything to in front of me). I was genuinely appalled at one point, as we exchanged stories and commiserated with each other over our situations, when she in her grandmotherly fashion tried to convince me that I would be "healthier" eating cat food (like her) rather than trying to get all my substance from peanut butter and bread. I couldn't quite go there, but the impression was made. I decided that I didn't trust big business to take care of me, and that I would take responsibility for my own future and myself."

He managed to tie a thirty yr old story into current events (evil corporation takes away old persons nest egg).

He also managed to get in the old person eating cat food urban legend.

It really sounds suspicious, and I am not convinced he wrote it at all.

In fact it sounds almost alphabet letter agency bland, like someone wrote what they THOUGHT a manifesto should sound like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join