It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2-18-10 Hundereds of lines in the sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Veritas

I know what airplanes can do but...

at least hundreds of lines

Are you talking literally or figuratively??

I have never seen 100 contrails in one sky at the same time..

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hello all Checking back in it is now 1:31 pm and with sunglasses you can still see these lines way up there but they are very hard to see, the angle of the sun seems to have a lot to do with what we can see. ie depending on where the reflection is bouncing off of. The lines have not moved all day and the clouds have been moving in, I see them about 50 miles or so south right now. By the way I am in Tahoe. I am sure hundreds of people had to have seen these at the least, it is a sort of holiday here so lots of traffic out this morning. I tried taking picture with my cell after i got to work but they arent defined enough to see anything however you can definitly still see them. I have shown a good 50 people today myself and no one has a clue as of yet.

As for chemtrials, I am not a dissbeliever however I really dont think we did this the shear size and enormity to the scale I have seen does not seem like something we could have pulled off. Also yes I know what clouds look like a am an avid sky watcher. These lines are solid straight lines very high up that arent moving or dissapating. I am no expert but I think anyone who has seen them can confirm this. All my employees I have shown today are clueless as to what could be causing this.

So just to update From 7am today until now, 1:40pm, six and a half hours the lines have not moved however they have become pretty hard to see. They are still up there at this point. Eye protection helps to see them, polarized lenses really help. I hope someone else who has seen these comes forward so we can figure it out.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No I am serious about the numer I counted 37 in Auburn this morning at 7am while at a traffic light. I drove north for 60 miles the whole way more lines were coming into view they are very closely spaced and all are pointing in the same direction, it looks almost like lines on a piece of paper. I stopped counting but i would say there is over 300 in this 60 imle stretch and they seem to keep going. They are all still just as straight as they were this morning they have just become very hard to see.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by 1Veritas]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I went to the NOAA aviation weather data for winds aloft.

aviationweather.gov...

Looking at your area, there is this:

DATA BASED ON 181800Z
VALID 190000Z FOR USE 2000-0300Z. TEMPS NEG ABV 24000

FT 3000 6000 9000 12000 18000 24000 30000 34000 39000

FAT 9900 9900+08 2508+00 2614-05 2823-18 2832-31 284645 275156 275865

SAC 9900 2207+07 2205+01 2911-04 2917-19 2829-31 274346 274556 275166

SFO 9900 2207+07 2307+02 2610-03 2516-18 2620-31 253545 264056 254467

I cut out many other stations reporting, to reduce clutter.

What are left, as you see, are 'FAT' (Fresno, CA) 'SAC' (Sacramento) and 'SFO' (San Francisco).

How to 'read' it???

It's tabular, and my copy/paste may not come through to ATS in the proper format, so please bear with me...

First, based on date/time 181800Z. That is the 18th of the month, @1800 GMT. (1000 PST)

'SAC' is closest to Tahoe/Reno, so let's look at that one...

We'll look at the last three, to represent the levels where contrails generally form --- 30,000 34,000 and 39,000 feet.

We see the data there:

At 30,000 feet -- 274346
At 34,000 feet -- 274556
At 39,000 feet -- 275166

To decode, let's look at "274346"

That tells me that the winds, at that altitude (Flight Level) at 1000 PST were blowing FROM a 'true' direction of ~270 degrees (From the West, basically) AT 43 knots.

The '46' is the temperature, in degrees Celsius. The '-' sign is left off, because it is obvious that at those heights the temp is negative...

SO....the winds aloft that would be affecting the contrails, as they 'lingered', were about 43 to 51 knots. (~~49-59 MPH)

When you are looking up at them, from the ground, and they are only moving that fast....do you see my point, yet??

(Hint: It's a BIG sky!)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I went to the NOAA aviation weather data for winds aloft.

aviationweather.gov...

Looking at your area, there is this:

DATA BASED ON 181800Z
VALID 190000Z FOR USE 2000-0300Z. TEMPS NEG ABV 24000

FT 3000 6000 9000 12000 18000 24000 30000 34000 39000

FAT 9900 9900+08 2508+00 2614-05 2823-18 2832-31 284645 275156 275865

SAC 9900 2207+07 2205+01 2911-04 2917-19 2829-31 274346 274556 275166

SFO 9900 2207+07 2307+02 2610-03 2516-18 2620-31 253545 264056 254467

I cut out many other stations reporting, to reduce clutter.

What are left, as you see, are 'FAT' (Fresno, CA) 'SAC' (Sacramento) and 'SFO' (San Francisco).

How to 'read' it???

It's tabular, and my copy/paste may not come through to ATS in the proper format, so please bear with me...

First, based on date/time 181800Z. That is the 18th of the month, @1800 GMT. (1000 PST)

'SAC' is closest to Tahoe/Reno, so let's look at that one...

We'll look at the last three, to represent the levels where contrails generally form --- 30,000 34,000 and 39,000 feet.

We see the data there:

At 30,000 feet -- 274346
At 34,000 feet -- 274556
At 39,000 feet -- 275166

To decode, let's look at "274346"

That tells me that the winds, at that altitude (Flight Level) at 1000 PST were blowing FROM a 'true' direction of ~270 degrees (From the West, basically) AT 43 knots.

The '46' is the temperature, in degrees Celsius. The '-' sign is left off, because it is obvious that at those heights the temp is negative...

SO....the winds aloft that would be affecting the contrails, as they 'lingered', were about 43 to 51 knots. (~~49-59 MPH)

When you are looking up at them, from the ground, and they are only moving that fast....do you see my point, yet??

(Hint: It's a BIG sky!)

Yes I see your point I should have worded it better. They do not appear to be moving no one line ever got close to another they all stayed evenly spaced the whole time. I did see certain bright lines in some areas of the lines that had a slight wave to them inside of the lines. These wavey portions never moved from where they were. The wavey portion has a very northern lights look to them but they dont seem to undgulate either so I wrote that off but thats why I was thinking it may be some sort of electro magnetic affect. This seemed odd to us I also have a member of the noaa team resposible for weather models in our regoin who is here working for me today and he has no idea what they are but he agrees they arent contrials and he hasnt ever seen clouds act this way. As of 2:30pm here the clouds have moved in and I can't see past them to see the lines anymore.

The storm has moved in perpendicular to the line so it seems as though they should have caused some movement like bunching up of the lines they did not cause this however.

Again I am not an expert I was only passing this along in hopes of finding out what it is, The fact that no one i've shown has seen anything like it led me to post here to see what I could find. I am not saying they are not clouds I never said that however they in no way look like any clouds I have seen. If you could see what we have been seeing up here there would be little question to that. If anyone was able to get pictures this morning when it was very appearent please post them. The lines I watched from where i have been at work all day Have not changed The same lit wavey ridges were still there in the same place at 2pm as they were at 9am when I got to work.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The OP merely reported what they have seen, perhaps in the hope that other people in or close to where they are may be seeing them also, I didn't see anywhere them asking for it to be debated, just asking and reporting.

I don't see anywhere that they are making unbelievable claims, just making and sharing an observation.

If nobody reported the things they have seen or are seeing, this site would be pointless don't you think? no matter what the OP has seen, perhaps just maybe someone will come along with a picture or video, IMO this thread is not about evidence of any kind, sure a picture would be great, not everyone is in a position to jump out of a car to take a snap shot, even if they did carry a camera everywhere they go.

It's an old argument in fact as old as this site, the no picture no event argument has been set aside for some time now, maybe if several people where to come along and say they saw them too would satisfy what you want? give it a little time, if they where there, I am sure others saw it too, they just need a little time to actually get around to reading this thread before they can confirm anything, but I see no reason what so ever to doubt the word of the OP, it's not like they just saw a flying pink Elephant, they simply asked a question about something they saw.

Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Thank you for sharing gonna star and flag so I can check if there are any other witnesses, and for the fact that there are many posts which receive the same for a whole lot less.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thank you for your observational skills....

They do not appear to be moving no one line ever got close to another they all stayed evenly spaced the whole time. I did see certain bright lines in some areas of the lines that had a slight wave to them inside of the lines. These wavey portions never moved from where they were.

As you can see, based on the winds aloft forecast, this is cinsistent.

At the various Flight Levels, the wind speeds are only slightly different, nearly identical...so they will all drift in unison, IF formed at approximately the same time.

OTHER airplanes, flying along the mostly similar tracks, relative to ground-based navigational aids, will then leave other contrails....as the previous ones 'drift' with the prevailing winds.

This is basic meteorology.

Any 'waviness' might be localized, due to minor perputations --- as the winds are "forecasted", based on predictable models of historic meteorological patterns, AND weather balloon 'soundings' (readings). Individual variations cannot be accurately predicted.

It is science, not mysterious at all, once you are educated IN the science.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You could have seen a phenomenon known as wave clouds. Depending on the mountains producing them they can be very long. Depending on the conditions there can be hundreds of them.
www.islandnet.com...

These clouds form the same way ripples form behind a rock in a stream and like those ripples, they are standing waves. They don't move with the wind.

atoc.colorado.edu...

[edit on 2/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's a good one, hadn't thought of that....the OP's reference to "waviness" was a clue I missed.

Not to be confused with standing lenticulars, of course.

Because that doesn't fit the description....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hello again. Just for clarification the waveyness I was talking about was inside the line. The line itself was not wavey. A few of my employees were thinking they were beams of light because how straight and uniform they were, However due to the angle of the sun I don't see how they could have been, and I do not believe they were beams of light however that is honestly what they looked like . Back to the waveyness, picture a beam of light shooting straight through the sky. The beam is straight however inside the beam you can see a slight line more lit up that the rest with a very slight wave to it. these were fairly small in comparison and in the hundreds of lines I saw there were probably only 15 or so of these occurencess of the wave. They were definitly not contrials. Very Highly doubt they were chemtrails. I believe it was some sort of cloud phenominon however I dont think it was normal. I have been searching google images and nothing is coming close to what we saw today. My question is could something along the lines of electromagnetic interference be interefering with the clouds causing the strange pattern, judging from what I saw today thats what I was thinking may be the cause however I don't know enough to say for sure on this subject.

One other thing you could only see them where the sun was hitting them just right so we were thinking maybe something was causing perfectly straight bands of ice crystals to gather and where the sun hit them they would reflect appropriately. What ever was up there was natural I would say but not something normal. I love the sky I have spent my life staring at it and everything in it, this was unlike anything I or any of the employees that I showed today had ever seen.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The OP merely reported what they have seen, perhaps in the hope that other people in or close to where they are may be seeing them also, I didn't see anywhere them asking for it to be debated, just asking and reporting.

I don't see anywhere that they are making unbelievable claims, just making and sharing an observation.

Fair enough, but I was not corresponding with the OP, I was corresponding with "NightGypsy".

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting mystery to me...
I don't think I've EVER seen what you have described and I have seen plent. Wish I could help figure this one out but sorry....
Did anyone ever get a picture?

I think it's great you are being observant! Lot s of folks go through life with their eyes closed so to speak and end up missing out on a lot.
I for the first time noticed a different cloud type that caught my attention. There were numerous small zigzags in multiple rows and the rows next to ea other were almost interlocking ! Found zigzag clouds online but the ones I saw didn't match- close but do they come in small? lol and almost interlock? This was about a month ago.

Re your quote, "I love the sky I have spent my life staring at it" -
I'm with you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join