It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange peels, newspapers may lead to cheaper, cleaner ethanol fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Orange peels, newspapers may lead to cheaper, cleaner ethanol fuel

www.scienceblog.com

Scientists may have just made the breakthrough of a lifetime, turning discarded fruit peels and other throwaways into cheap, clean fuel to power the world's vehicles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting so I decided to make a post on this. It doesn't mean that tomorrow I will be able to go out the the garbage can and get my gas for the day (like in back to the future) but maybe someday it will. I hate giving money to the oil companies. It seems that big oil companies have there hands in everything, and will do almost anything to keep us hooked on their crack.

www.scienceblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How wonderful, if this comes about.

A way to recycle and make your own fuel.

Not to mention sticking it to the oil giants

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
How wonderful, if this comes about.

A way to recycle and make your own fuel.

Not to mention sticking it to the oil giants

I agree, it would be a great day if this technology comes around and we are able to not only recycle, but make an everyday product.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Using waste material for fuel is nothing new. As far back as the 70s there were engines designed that ran on chicken droppings and newspapers that produced methane.

Would be great if someone got their act together on this. Would reduce the expense of garbage disposal and costs to the environment.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
S&F
seems like theyre finally getting closer to the ultimate cheap and enviromentally friendly fuel called water. Cant believe though that scientists are thinking too much about it and making it complicated.
I think that they already have the technology but refuse to use it because they are too greedy, they would introduce free energy too, but if this clean energy meant that they would lose the income then it simply wont happen.
You can look at it in many ways but i`ll mention what i think.
The government makes fuel from orange peels etc. A clean fuel with no damage to the enviroment. The government then introduces this new clean fuel and hikes up the prices of petrols and diesel, this meaning that the clean cheaper alternative is better for the enviroment, forcing more people by taking the cleaner alternative. Then they introduce higher taxes (which they already have, the engine sizes and emissions determine the tax class) then carbon tax. This forces more people towards the cheaper and more enviromentally friendly alternative. This means that the government will be still making their money from us and we will then move towards relying on them as we always have done like OIL.
We will never have free clean energy, Never, Unless those in the shadows ditch the greed. Period. The true free energies will come into play when this happens, which is why i say never.
The thing is sunlight and water are the ultimate free clean energies. Its in abundance eitherway. But the governments etc will never bring us this because due to the fact they couldnt make money off it. They couldnt charge you for something that they have no control of, would they charge you for air? carbon taxes is a start?
If water and the sun was the main energy sources and the government there would be no way of policing it.
So there we have it. thanks for the post

Moving on very slowly.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thank you for your reply jazz10. I think you are correct in that the government always wants to make their money and that we will never have "free" energy. I just hope that some of these Scientists are able to make a cheap way for us to make our own energy so maybe we can try and free ourselves a little bit from the grip that the government has on us.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

Exactly my point, although there are cracks appearing in the background involving those that pull the strings. Who knows?

new topics

top topics

join