It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I want to give a big thanks to the NAVY for flying that beautiful Blackhawk helicopter this morning over the M-1 Canal. Such a thrill to see right near our house. That's the second one I have noticed in just 2 weeks. With no military bases near here, except for AUTEC at Palm Beach International Airport, that's pretty amazing, I think. One has to wonder why they have to fly so close to residential neighborhoods if they are just en route to wherever... God forbid if one of those where to have an engine failure and crash. With the HUM being stronger in this area I am concerned about that possibility. Maybe they know it's not going to affect them...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

Please do investigate and advise any correlation to new line into operation and your christening in HUMDOM. There is one for TAOS I have uncovered, and it all has to do with some sort of gas system changes in 1992-1993 to the systems in NM. Really need experts at this point.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

www.gulfstreamgas.com...

Read it and understand what changed.

Did a little checking on the happenings in FL. There has been quite a bit of new gasline work there to refire power plants from oil/ coal to gas. I searched on Palm County gas lines and found my way to what I figured I would correlating your hearing to soemthing changed. The phase III of a humungous line from the gulf came on line in Palm Beach county August 2008. Voila. New or changed systems are creating havoc.
Go to Gulfstream Natural Gas for their publicity annoucements. Thats what happened up here in CT. Over in brandon and Tampa area, many reprots as well.

many people participate on "yahoo Hum Forum" that you might be interested in. Many different ideas.

Steve K

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

I checked the important events for Gulfstream and none happened near the date I started hearing the HUM. Check for yourself:
www.gulfstreamgas.com...

How would a gas line going into operation cause a HUM along with nausea (for 4 days) and 2 dogs to suffer until they died of cancer. Both of them...Whatever or whoever is causing this is responsible for a lot of suffering, that, I know.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure if someone has posted similar, but I thought I would add this to the discussion.
I have a feeling that what I am about to describe doesn't apply to your situation, but one never knows,
so I will give it a shot.

I was reading a psychology book recently, and a Dr. described a patient who was simply hearing the natural hum/buzz of blood flowing in the ears, yet could not ignore it like most other people. So it can be a psychological
thing. Again, I am not saying this is what is happening to you, but just another possibility.

I personally experience very loud ringings intermittently, at random, and I have asked others if they can hear it as well, and of course they can not. I have narrowed it down to, and I could be wrong, fluctuations in blood pressure. I am not sure of exactly what happens, and maybe someone with more knowledge could explain it on a deeper level.

I did not see your response to the question of whether others can hear the hum as well. I was going to suggest attempting to record the humming sound to determine whether or not it was caused from internal or external stimuli, but if no one else can hear it, you can assume it is internal.

Well that is about all the knowledge I have on the subject. I hope you figure out what is causing the noise, and if it is a medical issue, I hope you get it checked out and that everything works out for the best!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by silentnow
[
The Hum is very selective, approximately 5% of the population "hear" the noise, almost all are aged 50 or over, and 70% of these are women.

Don't bet on this statistic, just that most of the men that have this issue say nothing.

I don't believe in stats to much.
Agreed. I'm female, but was only 38 when I first heard the hum. It stopped for me for a long time, but this past winter I did get plagued with ultra low frequency vibrations again for a couple of months. My husband and I think this time around it was due to military aircraft flying high above cloud cover. It would be worst around the 3a.m witching hour for these sounds and sounded like thunder that pulses over and over. We are not around any military bases or airports so I don't know why they do some pretty noisy maneuvers over my neighborhood from time to time. Once some really noisy jets flew low over my street and just circled around for awhile. Just what you want on a quiet residential neighborhood, Uncle Sam showing off his toys.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

notknowing, where at in the city are you located? I am up here by Lake Erie and we hear The Hum on the constant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Of course, I'm not going to give you my exact location, although, I think "some" already know it... I'm located west of West Palm Beach and North of the Village of Royal Palm Beach in an area called The Acreage (it is called that because of the 1 acre lots). As I mentioned before I'm near a large canal (the M-1 Canal).
We are surrounded by canals. Just look at Google Earth and enter zip code 33411. We have canals like no else in the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Since we are covering important events that might have resulted in the start of the HUM (for me at least), here's one very important one: www.universetoday.com...

That was actually written on the day I started hearing the HUM...How's that for an important event?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I am not going to go through the specifics, but suggest you look at the attached for the timing aspect. And believe me, it's not my intent nor do I have the need or energy to sway you, the data speaks for itself. Consider one aspect of the data, that of thousands reporting, a plot of 500 HUM sufferers who have ID their hearing location, plot to over a 95% accuracy of being located in the proximity of gas lines.(evidnece seems to hold as well to other countries) . More importantly testing and data in our area is very supportive of this theory.

You said your problem started Sept 2008, just the time the systems would have been changing operations. Sorry about the pet deaths, but my dog had to be put on prozac for 3 months when this started here in Sept 2009. She's off it now, but her fear was sickening to me and bewildered the vet.

Florida is only going to worsen with what looks like more change there..

I'll repeat a plea, ALL please ID the town and state you hear this.

www.eia.doe.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What towns in NY and CT, and MM/YR. Also, what I have been reproting on about changes in FL are occuring from Nova Scotia down thru Maine into the Boston area.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by copsne

I know you want to convince me, but I am not easy to convince. Explain why on the 17th of February 2010 the HUM felt much stronger to me. How is that related to the gas lines? Explain why the strongest I have ever felt the HUM was in 2009 in Puerto Rico in a little town called Ceiba near where the Navy base used to be located. I doubt very much they had gas lines there.

I don't believe it is the power grid like some believe and I don't believe it is the gas lines...

When you start to think about it so many things could be causing this. When the earthquake in Japan happened recently, 34 minutes later the water table in Florida's aquafiers was oscillating like crazy. So, I'm thinking when they had the failure at the Hadron Collider in Switzerland, did that mess up anything which eventually reached this side of the world? That wouldn't explain why some have been hearing this for over 10 years in my area. Gas lines wouldn't explain that either...

Is it because as we are aging more and more people are able to hear the HUM? Or, is it being directed to certain "tagged" individuals or areas? Boy, that sounds like a conspiracy.
Maybe it is better just to accept it is there and hope it doesn't do any more harm.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Please, stop this fear mongering crap. How many times have ATS posts said that we were doomed. I'm still not dead.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was looking at the Hot topics and found this interesting thread with a video about the sound heard in North Florida. The same day I heard the sonic booms.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Very strange...

To WhateverHappens: What fear mongering crap are you referring to? I think most of us that go on ATS, do so because we need to share our experiences and are looking for answers to whatever weirdness we have going on. Why are you here? Do you hear the HUM also?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

In Feb 2010 my records missed recording that day, But 2/15/10 was a 2 out of ten, 2/19/10 was a 7 out of ten. Realling swings. This year more or less stays constantly at 5-7 out of ten scale. All the time!

I really can't answer your 10 years ago question with any certainty and some more investigation, but the publication I referenced you to says changes began to happen to the gas systems in Florida in 2000. And you know your on the main east coast line that's been there for countless years.

Consider your point about the occurances from the quake, etc, They are one time, short term (in the skeme of things) short durations. And do you almost always have the HUM? It IS possible though that geological anomolies are caused that worsen the transmission of the sound waves, but in FL??. Need an expert at this point.
Don't worry all views are constructive. Here's the point, the thousands suffering may need to raise our voices for attention, whatever your opinion on the cause is. If everyone really wants to find out what's happening and hopefully get a solution.
PS- won't be checking PR or the other location, maybe though it's something else like in KOKOMO (cooling fans from a factory) -Dunno

Steve

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
First time poster here. Been lurking a long time. I live in Dallas, TX and I have been hearing the Hum/Ringing in my ear for about six months. My experience with the sound is as follows, Either left or right ear. Starts loud, lasts for about ten seconds then fades. It started out with about 3 a day. Mostly in the mornings. I am now around seven a day at all hours.

With the ear ringing I developed migraines. I've never had a problem with migraines. I had a brain scan in January. Came back normal and they sent me out the door with medication. There have been only two times that the ear ringing was loud enough to cause slight pain. Enough to grab my ear instinctively. The migraines are bad. I'm usually popping Excedrin Migraine every other day.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krash74

Dallas is loaded with reports. A guy I was filling in about this lives near the twin parelell gaslines here in CT and his wife started to have migranes as well. I will pass this along. I am not expert as I admit to not knowing, but enough research to think you may be effected by two lines causing a "beat frequency". Check out youtube for his and you'll gte a sence of the sickening feeling, especilly if it were at 16 to 40 HZ. See my posts to understand our groups theory on this. Also yahoo Hum Forum is a good source.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We have forensic audio evidence. A fingerprint of the noise/hum/buzz/oscillating pulse. It is a blend of many pure tones. It is a man made modulating pulse, microwave signal that is a constant noise. We have been measuring this noise for 3 years. The recordings have been analyzed by a certified forensic audio engineer.
He has confirmed this information. It is ubiquitous in our town. One of the samples was an audio recording during a major power outage in our town. The fingerprint was the same as all the other sample locations in our town with power on.

Please view our videos on YouTube. www.youtube.com...

We also published a blog where people can come and share their experience of this as well as seek comfort in knowing that you are not alone and you are not crazy! The only way we will get any results in getting this noise out of our environment is by numbers or the Government will continue to ignore us. We would like to hear from you.

sandaura.wordpress.com...

We will respond.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems to have gotten a bit quieter starting yesterday, or I just got used to the current level and it doesn't bother me as much.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We live in MA. We started hearing this noise in 2006 when the high speed internet DSL broadband and Wi-Fi were turned on in our town. This was not present before then. I have lived in my home since 1999 and there were no issues of noise like this. Other residents have come forward who hear the noise. We do not have any natural gas in our town or public water and sewer. We are on septic and propane. We don't have cell towers in our town, but that will change in the near future. We have tracked this noise in many towns and cities that we have lived and vacationed in. The timeline the noise started was the same time the high speed broadband and Wi-Fi rolled out. It is the exact same noise we are hearing in all these areas we are familiar with.

you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join