It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really want to be able to start a thread so...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that i completely understand the utility of the 20 post requirement to prevent people from just spamming the site. However I REALLY want to be able to start a thread or two! figured this would be a good way to work off some posts!

By the way, i stated this on another thread, it seems there is a loophole in the system that allows be to create breaking news threads. I was wondering if this is merely a flaw or if the people in chrage decided that even newbies couldnt do too much damage or spamming by posting news articles!

I know im supposed to put down our thoughts and interests but i try to be objective as much as possible and exam things from all viewpoints, though im sure some of my beleifs and prejudices will be revealed through my posts!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozzy Mandias

Well you only need 20 posts, so this is a great way to start.

Welcome to ATS, I eagerly await your thread.

And I think the BAN forum is just a loophole that people use, but I dont' think it's suppose to be there.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi and welcome. Just reply to everything that comes up and say hello to others and you should be rocking in no time.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.....let the madness begin!

Yeah, just reply to everyone and you'll have your 20 posts in no time. Look forward to reading it!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Welcome friend!

Prepare to unlearn everything you have learnt!

Much Love

Wolf!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

20 contributing posts is not a lot. Not spam posts, not one liners just to fill the quota, but contributing

There are so many topics of interest here that it would be very very hard not to reach 20 in a short amount of time. Less than a day. For some, easily in an hour

Take a look around, join in on discussions and before you know it, you will be hitting 100 posts.

Welcome to ATS.

Here are some threads that might help you as a new member:

Starting An Introduction Thread – Please Review This Link.

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

And when responding to threads or creating a thread:

(This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

(This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads.

[edit on February 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Welcome and good luck!

Looking forward to the thread you came here to share.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hi Ozzy welcome to ATS, At the present time you can reply to any threads in any forums you wish. So 20 posts is not that hard at all.

Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to send & receive U2U's (messages) to and from the membership. At present your U2U capability is limited to staff only.

Some links that may be of interest.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

If you have any questions please feel free to U2U (message) me or any staff member any time.

Enjoy

Sauron,
Moderator.

Edit

hahaha,, it appears I'm typing with one finger again.
there's more links on this page than in a sausage factory now

[edit on 17/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for the welcome. I think this site is very informative and a great source for news from diferrent perspectives thann i see in the MSM. I also really enjoy the community aspect shown by the members, even if they disagree with eachother!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The good news is, you're now at 23

Off with you, then. At least as well as two vast and trunkless legs of stone can be off, that is.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
aaahhh! help please!

so i really wanted to start a thread, and then realized thaat i have no idea where to put it. In general it is a discussion about police agression and discussions surrounding it on ATS.

However, most articles concerning police actions are posted in the BAN section and there does not seem to be a section where police would fall if not directly associated with a specific news story or conspiracy.

I guess i just wanted to give my opinion and here feedback from others about how people react to these stories, but am now thinking that the thread might be shallow, and that it might be out of place for ATS.

any thoughts or feedback on this issue would be appreciated, especially from mods!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Hi and welcome. Just reply to everything that comes up and say hello to others and you should be rocking in no time.

gud because i got the same prob. this guy has. stupid 20 posts. so the 20 posts are all just the reply's and such. because i have a good thread about me seeing ufos everynite in salisbury, maryland from january till now. around 6:30 or 7:00. then they come back around midnight. and i mean everynight you see them just kinda appear. then move around. its getting more and more blatant. to the point people are stopping in the roads and watching. but no local news coverage by wboc(our local news). has anyone else been seeing this. im on eastern time in the us so its about 5:18 now. i kno ill see em in an hour in a half. jus wish i could thread bcuz i have video and pics as well. not bad for a 20 yr old black kidd.lol. but any sightings??

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS buddy. This site will suck up so much of your time, but it is so worth it man. You will learn many things from many people on this site. It is a very thought provoking website.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes i feel this site is a great source of fast news, from the layman like us, i hope too to contribute some information and take part in this expanding network of poeple who do care and want to make a difference...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I love new people who join ats specially the highly enlightened or someone who was abducted or seen a ufo up close because i havnt. Actually now that i think about there has been no one who has on this site with actual evidence. but ive seen ufos plenty of times. But welcome may your joys on this site be endless.

top topics

join