It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

reply to post by kinda kurious

This is not a "My guy is better than your guy" pissing contest thread.

You could have fooled me. Looks like that is EXACTLY what it is. Nice back-peddle by the way. Your ENTIRE post was riddled with partisan barbs. Sorry, I don't watch cartoons on FOX so I missed the erudite fictional character comparison to real-world events.

Regards...kk

[edit on 17-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Right. Because the same people you were so PROUD of back in November 2008 for electing mister "Change we can believe in" are now backwoods idiots who know nothing at all.

Not actually. 44% of those polled said that he deserves reelection. Obama won the election with 53% of the vote. I have always said that there were some Obama supporters (apparently about 9%) who were hearing what they wanted to hear from Obama during his campaign and not what he was actually saying. I have no doubt that it's this same 9% who thought he was going to save the world within the first year, who are now disillusioned with him because he hasn't lived up to their expectations of him being their savior.

The 44% who say he deserves reelection are clearly the ones who listened to what he actually said during his campaign and didn't go off into unicorn land with their own hopes and dreams.

You just can't bring yourself to ever admit when you were wrong, can you BH?

I absolutely can and have many times.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
It does seem very disingenuous for the Obama die-hards to mock "someone else" in this poll considering how they built an entire industry on "Anyone but Bush" bumper stickers and shirts a few years back.

By the time Bush Jr. left office his approval ratings were at 22%, worse than Carter, Nixon or any other president in half a century...Compassionate Conservatism turned out to be neither, but rather bigger government while serving corporate interests and entering us into two wars...

Just saying..."anything but bush" seemed a legit thing for Americans to hope for.

Sorry, apples and oranges here. Those stickers and shirts experienced their heyday in 2003/2004, when it was unclear exactly who the Democrats were going to run out there against Bush. The national polls were showing a pretty equal 50/50 split in his approval ratings at that time. I didn't see much of anything of that nature his last year in office (granted because he was on his way out of office by law and there was no need for the "anybody but Bush" campaign then). Agree with the Compassionate Conservative thing, however... I wasn't a fan of it in theory in the first place, but in practice it turned out to be completely misnamed.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by sos37
Right. Because the same people you were so PROUD of back in November 2008 for electing mister "Change we can believe in" are now backwoods idiots who know nothing at all.

Not actually. 44% of those polled said that he deserves reelection. Obama won the election with 53% of the vote. I have always said that there were some Obama supporters (apparently about 9%) who were hearing what they wanted to hear from Obama during his campaign and not what he was actually saying. I have no doubt that it's this same 9% who thought he was going to save the world within the first year, who are now disillusioned with him because he hasn't lived up to their expectations of him being their savior.

The 44% who say he deserves reelection are clearly the ones who listened to what he actually said during his campaign and didn't go off into unicorn land with their own hopes and dreams.

You just can't bring yourself to ever admit when you were wrong, can you BH?

I absolutely can and have many times.

Well, you too can do the math and 44% won't cut it in 2012.

I'm willing to do a friendly wager that he won't even get 44% of the vote then.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Time to vote. We're trying to pick a candidate. On side A is a guy with lots of practical experience who promises no sudden change, but is going to be very workmanlike about slowly improving what exists. On side B is some guy who promises a revolution and that everything will be better right now. For every person who understands history and realizes guy B is most likely to be a shyster tyrant, there are ten thousand people who just want everything fixed now and hey this guy says he'll do it ok.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

btw, how do you say "Uno Termo" in English?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I'm willing to do a friendly wager that he won't even get 44% of the vote then.

If I were to take that bet, I'd be as stupid as those who are predicting that he'll lose 3 years in the future. I am not stupid, Centurion. A lot can change in 3 years. Even my opinion of Obama.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You are right about the apples to oranges...different poll numbers at the time of "anyone but bush".

What I remember about that election is John Kerry. "anyone but Bush" was not exactly a wringing endorsement for the Democratic nominee and in the end was not enought to carry him to a decisive win.

The POTUSs poll numbers will recover and are not in the least bit unusual given the current climate and stage in his presidency.

AND in the end..."I am am not that person" or "someone else" simply doesn't carry water in a Presidential election...or poll for that matter.

Here is a poll question that I am certain a few political strategists have run in the past couple of months...but we will never see the results...

If the Presidential election was held today between President Obama and an unamed Republican candidate, who would you vote for?

How do you think that question would have gone over?

Americans vote for the best candidate among their choices...not "some other person"

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd rather see Obama in 8 years then sarah palin in 4. Just the thought of it makes my hairs stand on end.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Obama is a lame duck president when he shouldn't be...This is a congressional issue.

Reid must ultimately be held accountable, and he needs to be removed in my opinion...Obama is at this point just a tokenhead...the bull symbol on the mack truck.

I encourage everyone to move towards forced retirement of Reid...he knows why.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

A super majority doesn't mean anything if the party is divided. Or as someone might put it, (Senators think for themselves and not along party lines.)

Just because they are Democrat, doesn't mean they HAVE to vote that way. (hint hint, Republicans.)

This guy is way too soft on the Right. He won't get re elected if he continues to prostrate himself to the GOP and try and work with a party that has absolutely zero interest in working with him back.

He needs to clue in and know that no matter what legislation he proposes, the Right is going to fight it. Even if he proposes legislation that they would normally support, they will fight against it because he proposed it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by sos37

A super majority doesn't mean anything if the party is divided. Or as someone might put it, (Senators think for themselves and not along party lines.)

What a concept

Elected representatives in the house and senate actually listening to their constituents and not just lamely voting how (for example purposes only) the Pelosi's, Reid's and Obama's (and unions) tell them to.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Obama is a lame duck president when he shouldn't be...This is a congressional issue.

Interesting.

First use I've seen here on ATS of the term "lame duck" referring to Obama. And as some of his supporters have pointed out, only 1/4 of the way through his term.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Less than 3 years left in the White House.
I think we are ALL counting down the days now.
Obama = Failure
Our economy feels like it's stuck in a cold black hole.

-------------------------------------------
The only good news is that Global Warming is imploding in Europe.
Al Gore should give back his Nobel Prize.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The only good news is that Global Warming is imploding in Europe.
Al Gore should give back his Nobel Prize.

Donald Trump may be making it one of his projects. I like the other things he says too - about the Chinese, etc.

article

Donald Trump is not a big believer in global warming. "With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore," the tycoon told members of his Trump National Golf Club in Westchester in a recent speech. "Gore wants us to clean up our factories and plants in order to protect us from global warming, when China and other countries couldn't care less. It would make us totally noncompetitive in the manufacturing world, and China, Japan and India are laughing at America's stupidity." The crowd of 500 stood up and cheered.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Exactly my point! If the Super-majority party is divided amongst itself, aka the Democrats in this case, why blame the GOP for stuff not getting done?

The party is divided because the president chose to tackle a highly controversial issue, even in his own party, and then allowed Pelosi and Reid to start clowning around with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Exactly my point! If the Super-majority party is divided amongst itself, aka the Democrats in this case, why blame the GOP for stuff not getting done?

Because unlike the democrats who are divided because of the issues within the bill, the GOP is united in defeating the bill because it's an Obama platform issue. Instead of thinking for themselves whether or not each item is worthy or not of a vote, they have decided together to vote against the bill for the expressed purpose of defeating an issue that was posed by this president.

If the Republicans instead were to vote based on their constituents wishes instead of party policy to defeat any agenda that Obama proposes, you might have a few Republicans voting for this bill and so the super majority would be more of a joke than it was.

The GOP has taken the position that anything proposed by this administration is something to vote against, and they have been quite united in that effort.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I wonder if there's anyone in his current position that would get better rating.

Second line

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

First use I've seen here on ATS of the term "lame duck" referring to Obama. And as some of his supporters have pointed out, only 1/4 of the way through his term.

As much as I generally agree with SaturnFX, I feel that this was a mis-use of the term. Are Obama's hands tied?......Perhaps right now, but this duck's gonna quack real loud once he gets his fill of Republican foie gra.

Nice try Centurion, you must be shooting for the ignoramus trifecta.

1. Make false assumptions.
2. Jump to conclusions.
3. Spread dis-info.

Touché.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I want to see that number jump to 62%.
Obama could resign and give Joe Biden a chance.

I believe the next milestone poll in obama's decline will be the one that says more people now favor Bush than obama.

What makes me think this one is on the way are the Bush "Miss me yet" billboards that have started to pop up around the country.

Remember, it took Bush years to get to such a state, even with the disputed 2000 election.

Oh, and you were referring to Joe Biden (his time)?

[edit on 2/17/2010 by centurion1211]

I've heard of ONE of these billboards.

You are trying to make this out to be something it is not.

Just one billboard? There's now a website selling "Miss me yet?" stuff. (my bolding)

article

The cheery image of former President George W. Bush appeared on a billboard in Minnesota earlier this month, next to the words, "Miss me yet?" It appears a lot of people think it's a fair question.

The online store CafePress saw a spike in demand for items featuring the same image as the billboard, the New York Daily News reports. Ten "Miss Me Yet?" items were on the company's list of its top-selling designs, CafePress spokeswoman Jenna Martin told the Daily News.

"There were no Obama-themed designs on the list," she said. "Bush has stolen the political spotlight, just like Sarah Palin did the week before when she re-surfaced with crib notes written in her palm."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join