It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martys Meanderings and Deep Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To follow Shrodingers Dog path on his Musings and Meanderings thread, I thought i'd start one up myself...... I have many a thought to let you know, perhaps you can analyse it and have a deeper understanding on how I think.... Its more or less a rant, perhaps a self indulgent parade to somewhat glorify myself, in need of attention perhaps...who knows, all i do know.... is that the world is not what it seems...

So here it is to start it all off....... *drum roll please*

Is a lightglobe a light emitter or a darkness sucker?
Are we alone in the universe - WE COULD POSSIBLY WELL BE
Are we falling to the centre of the earth, or is earth pushing us away from its centre - thus gravity...

Lets start off with the 2nd one, as the first one (darkness sucker) I can't exactly give any possible reason, but the thought did indeed cross my mind.

So the universe, quite large, very vast... vast indeed. Now not that I believe it, but could humans be the ONLY existing sentient consciousness out there? This is not a religious rant, its somewhat a ... time travel theory rant.

Lets say many years have passed since now, we are living in a multi-dimensional, simultaneous existance, in what some say we incarnate into the past, as well as the future, and even in the present - but to the side. So how can the 'we are alone' theory come up. Well have you ever wondered what would be the first thing to do if we managed time travel? Lets say it has been invented? First thing i'd do is to ensure existance continues forever. Lets say this is accomplished, then lets say we create a loop that time only revolves around time period the time machine has been invented.... This could prevent the 'ET' or 'Aliens' from coming in contact with earth, we simply could continously live in this mini timeloop preventing existance from occuring anywhere in the future.

THAT is if the granfather paradigm is accurate. You know, where you go back in time to kill your grandad, would you cease to exist?

So now as i type this, i am beginning to thing that time alterations would not affect the current time line, more or less the person travelling is simply shifting to other dimensions of time, so we are in essence not looking to develop a time machine, inevitably creating a dimension drive. Holly hop drive I'd call it!....

GRAVITY

So what is gravity? i don't think we're falling into the earth, I think depedning on distance from mass to mass, depends on the rate we 'expand'. Yes.

EXPAND.

Mass expands, all matter expans, the theory of expansion I call it. Not my idea, but i've more or less expanded on it lol

Since all matter expands, its as if the earth is pushing us away from its core, and since all matter expands at the same rate RELATIVE to its distance from other mass, the illusion is there that we are infact falling towards the earths core.

So yes, gravity exists, but like the darkness sucker (lightglobe) we aren't falling to the centre, we are being pushed away.... Like a lift and whoever occupies it.

Get my drift?

Here's another deep thought I had about TimeWhy 2009 and not 3000BC or 4500AD, thoughts on Mind of God.

[edit on 16/2/2010 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

So yes, gravity exists, but like the darkness sucker (lightglobe) we aren't falling to the centre, we are being pushed away.... Like a lift and whoever occupies it.

Get my drift?

Um no I don't, do you have a bellboy in mind or something operating the lift?

As I understand it mass attracts mass due to the distortion in the fabric of space that matter produces, and the more of the stuff there is the greater the pull and consequent push as you describe it. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction right!?

I have thought about the centre of massive bodies before and I came to the conclusion that there is either a blackhole at the centre to channel the immense preasures or alternatively its about structure and there is a super structure at the centre. Or lastly there is no centre as such just a hollow surrounded by a super geometric spacetime structure. So shaped so as to avoid collapse of the massive forces bearing down on the centre.

Taking your scenario however what is pushing outward from the centre?

I'll leave that one in your court!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The effect and illusion is that its pushing out..... its mass expanding, and thus atoms/electrons growing in size creates the illusion of pushing, if something expands it tends to push outwards in all directions!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The effect and illusion is that its pushing out..... its mass expanding, and thus atoms/electrons growing in size creates the illusion of pushing, if something expands it tends to push outwards in all directions!

A couple of things. One are we really sure that matter expands at the rate the universe does? A theory which isn't really provable unless there is a constant found say a partical that appears smaller by the day. Hmm maybe quarks are not quarks but rather remnants of previous layers of the expanding shell that is the universe. So the atoms of today are the quarks of tomorrow! Would make sense with the holographic model of the universe.

Secondly are you saying the push is due to the expansion of the universe?
Perhaps the downward forces of gravity are finding their way back into a black whole and breathing air (expansion) into the universe! Aka Nassim Harmeins Torus model of the universe as below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b10b793aa8ca.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I too read that the shape of the universe is toroid in nature..... i even did a photoshop/3dsmax picture of one a few years ago.... nice picture you found there

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Is a lightglobe a light emitter or a darkness sucker?

It has been my contention that there is no such thing as darkness, this is merely a concept that we use to describe the condition for the lack of light. As this philosophy goes there is also no such thing as cold, an absolute vacuum, negative electricity nor death. This can get very controversial yet in my opinion these words are merely concepts that are in opposition to a real force or forces. Once the force has been created it exists as a force until it is no longer and there is no way for anyone to consciously understand the total absent of any real force or energy.

Are we alone in the universe

A resounding NO, is my opinion.
There is evidence that life will exist anywhere it has a chance to and it can do so in some of the most seemingly inhospitable places. Around extremely hot chimney plumes emitting toxic exhaust at the bottom of the deepest oceans on Earth bear life. Deep underground in extreme temperatures and pressure life is found. High up in Earths upper atmosphere above the clouds life is found. Under the frozen lakes of the Arctic and Antarctic life is found.

I don't see why life in some form can not exist in space and survive entry into a planets atmosphere. I think that we will soon discover that traces of life are found everywhere; Mars, Venus, up in Jupiter's clouds and on many of the moons around these gas giants. The question is whether there is intelligent life out there other than ourselves. I can not imagine how we could have come about all alone and there not being anyone else, that theory does not make sense to me.

Are we falling to the centre of the earth, or is earth pushing us away from its centre

I have read about the atomic expansion theory and couldn't get past the explanation for rotational and orbital motions. I really tried but was unable to understand the concepts that were presented explaining this and the key to understanding gravity is within these motions, in my opinion.

I think gravity is a pushing force which would explain why pressure and temperature increase the deeper one goes towards the center of a planet. If gravity is a pushing force then its force would be weakest the further out from the center one goes, like on the top of a mountain, and greater the closer one goes, like at the bottom of the ocean or at the bottom of a deep mine.

If gravity is a pulling force then how does a black hole attract mass into itself if nothing is able to escape from it? It would seem that this also indicates a pushing force.

Gravitational attraction, in the pushing theory, is due to an action called gravitational shadowing. It is a rather simple concept where the force is pushing equally from an infinite distance in all directions (image 1) except between two objects where the distance is finite (image 2). This causes an unequal pressure between these two objects and thus they gravitate towards each other.

Image 1
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/738c80888c48.jpg[/atsimg]

Image 2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8860491dbea.jpg[/atsimg]

Again I would like to point out that in my opinion the key to understanding gravity is in rotational motions. Rotation is the only motion that is considered an acceleration without an increase in velocity. An object can rotate at a constant velocity (RPM) yet still exhibit centrifugal forces (resistance to acceleration). Gravity is also a force that can accelerate without an increase in velocity (like when you stand on the Earth's surface), gravitational acceleration is 1G.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by Devino]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Very good explainations, and yes i've read about orbit causing understanding issues, as i said before this theory isn't one that i came up with, i read it in a book called 'the final theory' and it does explain orbit in there, however i wasn't able to grasp it either, although i do recall him presenting a solid case for other reasons the matter is expanding....... www.thefinaltheory.com... is the website, you can download the first chapter for free i believe.

Thanks there Devino, much appreciated

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I believe I have that book, The Final Theory, but as I mentioned I could not get past the explanation for rotational and orbital motions so I did not read all of it. It seems that you and I both came to the same impasse with this authors explanation.

Keep in mind that the alleged atomic expansion would have to mimic an acceleration (expansion) of 32' per second here on Earth and greater for objects of greater mass. This also creates problems as we would soon be overcome by larger objects as they expand. For space to expand along with these celestial objects it would need to at least equal the expansion of the planets and stars, remember space does not mean void as it has mass in it (small particles).
So if larger masses expand faster then the smaller ones (mimicking gravity) it would seem logical that these small particles in space would hardly expand at all let alone keep up with planetary or stellar expansion. If there is a Universal expansion at the same rate (similar to the current Universal expansion theory) then there would be no noticeable effects as everything expands at the same rate.

Personally I think this book does an excellent job of explaining the inverse square law and also forces one to think outside the box which was worth the read for me. But the final theory falls short of a possible explanation in my opinion. I have to admit I did not read all of the book so let me know if I am missing something in the latter half.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by Devino]

top topics

join