It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics Attacking Toyota - This Stinks !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Team Obama is attacking Toyota because they own General Motors.
Toyota is creating high paying jobs here in the USA.
This STINKS! Leave Toyota alone.
This is what happens when the U.S. Government takes over a car company.
We should all go out and buy a Toyota or a Ford. DO not reward this
kind of behavior from a bully government.
Politics At Work - Toyota

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The media seems to love giving Toyota grief because they had one recall. GM, Ford, and Chrysler seem to have dozens of recalls each decade. The fact of the matter is, if you buy a Toyota, the chances of you getting hurt because of a sticky gas pedal are still very small. On the other hand, if you buy GM, Ford, or Chrysler, the chance of you getting a lemon is near 100%.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Have you driven a Ford lately?
I bought one. Ford Expedition
No problems.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Toyota has had far more than one recall, among which are fuel lines routed too close to EGR passages (which could crack, leak fuel and potentially catch fire) and steering linkage issues (which could cause loss of steering).
People are just looking for someone to be mad at for whatever reason they can find.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is no attack here, these stories are pretty much common for any recall especially ones that affect parts that could possibly create a major disaster on our highways to do anything less would be irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

The government is going out of its way to get Toyota.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Toyota has no need of help from anyone they are doing a bang up job of hurting themselves. This is what happens when you make it to the top you get complacent and lazy in your designs and engineering. And it is apparent that Toyota has done just that, in addition to being slow responding to the problem when it became apparent learn from GM much?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
The media seems to love giving Toyota grief because they had one recall. GM, Ford, and Chrysler seem to have dozens of recalls each decade. The fact of the matter is, if you buy a Toyota, the chances of you getting hurt because of a sticky gas pedal are still very small. On the other hand, if you buy GM, Ford, or Chrysler, the chance of you getting a lemon is near 100%.

I'm getting real tired of this BS. American cars are just as reliable as foreign cars.

Most Reliable Cars 2008 Edition

Buick, Lincoln, Cadillac, Ford, Mercury, and Chrysler are more dependable than BMW or Mercedees. Buick was actually rated the most dependable. Mercury was ranked higher than Infiniti, Acura, Honda, and Audi. Scion, a Toyota brand, was actually in the bottom seven. It was beaten by KIA for gods sake. The german engineered Volkswagen is the second worst.
2009 Most Dependable Cars

So, how about a little honesty in the discussion please. All manufacturers have recalls.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If it meant one less douchebag painting " TOY" on the back of his truck I would burn toyota's factory to the ground with my own hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
Toyota has no need of help from anyone they are doing a bang up job of hurting themselves. This is what happens when you make it to the top you get complacent and lazy in your designs and engineering. And it is apparent that Toyota has done just that, in addition to being slow responding to the problem when it became apparent learn from GM much?

The engineering at Toyota is the best in the world.
Go to Consumer Reports.
As far as reliability Toyota always gets very high marks.
As far as safety, the testers are AMAZED at the amount of
quality of Toyota. If you are going to be in a car crash
Toyota or Lexus are the best.
They just need to fix this gas peddle problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I must ask - and be honest here - do you work for toyota?

You seem to have a thorn in your saddle due to the fact the toyota has had some recalls and CBS news reported today that 34 deaths may be attributed to the faulty brakes/throttle combo.

Is CBS trying to whack your company too?

They had some piss poor designing latley - chalk it up to that.

RECALL - REPAIR - REDESIGN - MOVE ON.

Dorian Soran

The good doctor!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at the concerted attack against Toyota by the PTB and MSM, after all, some of the players that shut down Brooksley Born and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission [CFTC] are now in Obama's Inner Sanctum.

Greenspan, Rubin and Summers ultimately prevailed on Congress to stop Born and limit future regulation of derivatives. "Born faced a formidable struggle pushing for regulation at a time when the stock market was booming," Kirk says. "Alan Greenspan was the maestro, and both parties in Washington were united in a belief that the markets would take care of themselves."

Now, with many of the same men who shut down Born in key positions in the Obama administration, The Warning reveals the complicated politics that led to this crisis and what it may say about current attempts to prevent the next one.

"It'll happen again if we don't take the appropriate steps," Born warns. "There will be significant financial downturns and disasters attributed to this regulatory gap over and over until we learn from experience."
www.pbs.org...

Want to watch a video of why America is in such a mess?

www.pbs.org...

I rarely post on American politics, but...

[imo]It's no wonder to me that they've gone all 'attack dogs' against Toyota, it's obviously in their interest now, since they own GM and Chrysler. Dirty politics hasn't changed one iota with this new administration... not with Summers whispering in Obama's ear.
[/imo]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

No. I just think they are being unfair to Toyota because
the U.S. Government is now in the car business [GM].

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Toyota is getting what they deserve. They have significant quality issues at the moment and they need to be addressed in a public fashion. Remember two things

1. The typical Japanese response to something like this is not to go public. It is shameful for the Japanese to have to admit wrong doing. Shame is a very serious matter in Japan. If the US government and the media were not all over this while the problems would get fixed, it would be done in a quiet fashion and folks considering a car purchase need to know that the legacy of quality is not what it used to be.

2. Japan is the most protectionist society on the planet. They simply do not use non-Japanese products if there is a Japanese one available, regardless of the quality.

They have been hammering the US auto industry for years

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

They are the best.
Go to consumer reports magazine.
It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Over a period of time they might be the best. The issue is that right now they are not. This spate of quality issues is so deep and so diverse it underscores an underlying quality issue. I have doubt they will fix it and be back on top again, but this deal is likely to cost them close to $10bn once the law suits and opportunity costs are factored in.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I know many people with newer-new Toyota cars and trucks and they in turn know more people. I have asked and none of them have experienced problems. I thought this a few days ago, that it was the US government trying to discredit Toyota so they can sell more government motors vehicles.

Between this and the stupid cash for clunkers program they "Obama/Gov" are trying to transform the auto industry.

There is a huge shortage of quality used cars in the US. This is due to the C4C and also because there have been so many storms this year that have caused vehicles to be taken out of service due to accidents. I have friends who are dealers and they are saying that in about two months it is going to be very hard to buy quality new "used" inventory from the auctions.

Even with the poor economy when no-one is buying anything, people still require transportation. It just seems convenient that at a time when we are running out of good used cars/trucks that the admin wants to discredit a quality car maker "Toyota"
This is also at a time when "hopefully" the economy appears to be improving (this is a whole other subject)

With the appearance of a better economy people will start buying new vehicles because they need them and can't find good used vehicles. Thus discredit Toyota, make GM look better sell GM cars and look like the hero who saved GM.

But who knows it all could be coincidence

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Toyota is one generation ahead of GM in the hybrid cars.
It has a software problem but the quality is there.
All of the car companies have problems. The U.S. Government
- Team Obama - has a vested in GM and it's showing.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

I'm getting real tired of this BS. American cars are just as reliable as foreign cars.

Most Reliable Cars 2008 Edition

Buick, Lincoln, Cadillac, Ford, Mercury, and Chrysler are more dependable than BMW or Mercedees. Buick was actually rated the most dependable. Mercury was ranked higher than Infiniti, Acura, Honda, and Audi. Scion, a Toyota brand, was actually in the bottom seven. It was beaten by KIA for gods sake. The german engineered Volkswagen is the second worst.
2009 Most Dependable Cars

So, how about a little honesty in the discussion please. All manufacturers have recalls.

LOL

I have had 1 break down in my BMW in over 14years now...water pump, thats it....my GM product literally fell apart systematically, one part failing after another...
Adding up the cost of that car plus the repairs and the new car to replace that heap of junk I could have bought 2 BMW's or updated my BMW if I never bought it.
Funny thing is it never got driven any way as hard as the Bimmer does...Serviced more regularly too...GM/Ford = Junk

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I hate to say it but in reported problems 2005 and 2006 BMWs are less reliable than several American companies. I drive a Buick and have had zero problems in two years. With over 40,000 miles on the car there hasn't been a single problem I could attribute to the manufacturer.

People can argue all they want but J.D Power and associates are considerred a highly respected authority in this area.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join