It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All out assult on parental rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is absolutely insane!

It seem the Polish parliament is set to pass a new domestic violence law which would define virtually ANY type of discipline imposed upon a child as "abuse".

“Unprecedented” Threat to Parental Rights in Poland

WARSAW, February 15, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A controversial bill that critics say would significantly infringe on the rights of parents to bring up their children according to their values has passed first reading in the Polish parliament.

Incorporated into the bill, titled "On the Prevention of Family Violence," which deals with a variety of issues, is a clause that says, "It is forbidden for persons holding parental power over children to implement corporal punishment, cause psychological pain or to humiliate them in any other form."

According to the Polish Labor and Social Policy Ministry guidelines, psychological violence includes, "making the child ashamed, imposing one's own opinions on the child, criticizing the child continually, controlling the child, restricting the child's social contacts," as well as "criticizing the child's sexual behavior."

Furthermore, the bill would give social workers authority to take children from families if someone suspects parents are in contravention of these guidelines or if it is believed there is a danger they may in the future "harm" their children this in way.

"According to the new law, in order to take the child away from his parents, it is enough for one social worker to make such a decision," Najfeld explained to LSN. "The decision can be based on a single unconfirmed report, for example, from a neighbor. It is only later that the court can uphold or cancel this decision. The child is supposed to wait for the court ruling at a state institution, together with really troubled children."

"Every Catholic family is potentially abusive, if you define abuse as ‘making the child ashamed, imposing one's own opinions on the child, criticizing the child continually, controlling the child, limiting the child's social contacts,’ as well as ‘criticizing the child's sexual behavior’," Najfeld said.

"Catholic activists need not say anything - they already qualify as potential abusers and can have their children taken away from them because there is a threat they may ‘abuse’ children by trying to bring them up as Christians."

Read More: Life Site News

Forget about the Christian angle, ANY parent who imposes ANY discipline on their child could be labeled an abuser under this law!

Just imagine that, fighting with your kids over doing their homework or grounding them for staying out too late would constitute abuse and result in your children being taken away under this law.

They are taking away a parent's ability to enforce ANY type of discipline on their children. I'd hate to see what this does to the crime rates in Poland when these completely undisciplined children grow into adults.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Good looking out.

This must be an inevitable next step towards the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

I suggest everyone look it up and read it. Wikipedia has an entry on it, and lots of links.

It says the same thing, and it's absolutely chilling. A thread recently asked if teaching religion was child abuse. According to this type of legislation, it certainly can be.

Apparently, the US is one of the few countries which hasn't ratified it yet. Go figure!

It's not as bad here as it could be.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Good looking out.

This must be an inevitable next step towards the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

I suggest everyone look it up and read it. Wikipedia has an entry on it, and lots of links.

It says the same thing, and it's absolutely chilling. A thread recently asked if teaching religion was child abuse. According to this type of legislation, it certainly can be.

Apparently, the US is one of the few countries which hasn't ratified it yet. Go figure!

It's not as bad here as it could be.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Thanks for pointing that out.

For anyone who thinks this is only going to be a problem for Poland, they need to look at this convention and see that the UN wants all countries to impose similar laws upon their people.

Wickipedia-UN Convention on the Rights of the Children

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That's complete nonsense ... Children obviously need to be disciplined as punishment for their misdeeds ... how else would they learn? Are children in Poland suddenly going to become the perfect the kids?

Why even have parents ... why not simply have state-funded "schools" that run 24/7 which all are mandated to attend ... Hell, I think we are already half way there the way school are run now days.

This is total garbage.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

Why even have parents ... why not simply have state-funded "schools" that run 24/7 which all are mandated to attend ... Hell, I think we are already half way there the way school are run now days.

I think that's exactly the intent of these laws.

They want "the village" to raise the children away from the corrupting influences of the parent's belief systems.

The bourgeois family will vanish as a matter of course when its complement vanishes, and both will vanish with the vanishment of capital.

Do you charge us with wanting to stop the exploitation of children by their parents? To this crime we plead guilty.

Carl Marx The Communist Manifesto

By taking the children away from their families they can ensure they are raised by the state with no silly notions about freedom and patriotism.

G.K. Chesterton once said the purpose of public education was not to educate the child but, rather to make the child into a good citizen.

How do you think TPTB defines the term "good citizen"?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
un freeking believable. instead of disciplining your children you could give em ice cream and cookies instead....is that abusive? raising obese kids? Letting em wear thigh highs and minis and shipping em off to school? thats not abusive?
this is one of my biggest fears . I have a ten year old daughter and i try to raise her to always question authority. i told her not to eat diet foods or sugar free foods and her teachers at school tell her its a load of crap. WHAT ABOUT MY RIGHTS? God dont get me going! It is very difficult to raise a child with the state breathing down your neck at every turn. These laws need to be overturned everywhere.
PS I do not advocate child abuse and was given frequent whippins' as a kid so I know what the other side of this argument is....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I would think that good citizen means good worker haha ...
That's all schools do anyways ... train kids to conform to the work force and hopefully you will produce more than you consume and so will your kids once you die.

It's disgusting ...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As a schoolteacher I see kids raised without discipline all the time.

We do NOT want a society full of maladjusted, attention-craving delinquents.

I can usually tell when a student comes from a family with "other priorities" or that just doesn't care. Conversly, I can also tell when a child has been raised in a family environment where caring includes discipline.

There is a difference in discipline and abuse....... but this is ridiculous.

I can remember the times my parents would belt me (literally) for breaking a rule. Yeah, it hurt.

But it also taught me that my actions have consequences, sometimes undesirable ones. It taught me to think before acting.

Most of all, it taught me that there is right or wrong in this world. And that certaintly gave me a peace throughout my childhood that has carried over into my adulthood.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Shaming the child is abuse? So if they bring home a date and you show an unflattering baby picture are you abusive?

So if your child is hanging out with a child molester and drug addicts you can't stop them? Do you have to prove that the "social contacts" you restrict would be harmful otherwise?

The worst part is tht a child can be taken based completely on rumors. All it takes is a disgruntled ex-spouse and you could lose your children forever. If you run over the neighbor's cat they can retaliate by reporting you for imposing your opinions on your child. I mean isn't that in a way the point of parenting. You raise your child in the way that you best see fit and give them advice (your opinion) on how to best live their life. Take that away and you effectively end parenting as a whole.

Actually I want to correct myself the worst part is what happens to the kids. The parents get accused and the kid gets sent to Poland's version of Juvie. That makes a lot of sense. Take law abiding kids who may have been abused and toss them in with criminals. Nothing bad can come from that. I mean there couldn't possibly be mental damages caused by being put in that type of situation. You couldn't possibly get raped, beaten, or heaven forbid shamed.

The idiocy of this is amazing. The fact that there isn't an international out cry is even more amazing. The Polish people should be standing up and screaming bloody murder. They should be leading protest and calling the BBC so that it gets some attention.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This move has been underway for some time and it is disturbing.

Here are a couple of ironys:

Today, schools, as much as doctors push drugs on kids. Boys are spirited and need opportunities to burn energy and find it difficult to sit still for hours on end. Schools today are not in the business of dealing with spirited boys. Parents need to work with their sons to help them develop methods in which to deal with their restlessness and that requires discipline, the level of which needs to be determined by responsible parents and no, beating a child is never acceptable, but there is definately a place in raising children for spankings, etc. This push to eliminate discipline will directly increase the number of boys on drugs, because absent discipline, drugs are the only way to get them to conform.

It is interesting that while at the same time they are creating a police state to get citizens to conform the are looking to eliminate discipline which will by definition create kids who don't know how to conform! Perhaps the two are connected, but there is certainly a relationship.

Anybody who has a kid with any kind of issue, like ADD or ODD must discipline their kids. I believe that these disorders are way over diagnosed, but they do exist and if you don't discipline a child like that you are in for a real problem when he hits 13 or so.

Finally, kids lie. All kids go through a lying stage. Most of the time it is just stupid stuff, like "I did clean up my room" when everything is jammed under the bed or things like "I scored 20 points at the game last night when he scored 8, things like that. Point being, they lie and could easily make a statement in class one day that could entirely jam up a family.

Lastly, it seems a bit crazy to be doing this when the social service infrastructure works on family reunification. Here you have a mother that is a multiple time loser, drugs, jail, both and the state works to have the kid returned to her, sometimes multiple times. They'll do that, but take the kid out of a home when his parents give him a spanking.

The world has turned over.

top topics

join