It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US media omission: Iran calls for global nuclear disarmament

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis
Just another ATS front page thread, lots of stars and flags but nothing substantial. After a few months here I've learned that the real nuggets are buried deep.... out of sight.

ATS people can be as superficial as non ATS people lol.

Theres a fine line between a blunt Conspiracy Theorist and a "thinker."

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Thoughts?

I don't think any American should say anything about Iran's nuclear program unless they have first read the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty that US and Iran are signatory to. With only a single reading of the document, it is glaringly clear that the US is, and has been, in violation ever since they took the position of restricting Iran's development of a nuclear program which is guaranteed in the treaty. What is condemned in the treaty is any party restricting another party.

The US may bully and threaten other members of the UN Security Council to lay on harsh sanctions but that doesn't make it legal according to the treaty. All that does is put the UN in violation.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Those two statements have nothing to do with each other.

Just another ATS front page thread, lots of stars and flags but nothing substantial. After a few months here I've learned that the real nuggets are buried deep.... out of sight.

Why don't you contribute and make it more 'substantial'?

reply to post by pthena

Great post, completely agree. What's even worse than the blatant hypocrisy is the fact that through media tactics we see none of the actions taken by the US in order to better their stance as a nuclear state. We only see what Iran has done but there is never any mention of the NNP treaty which should be central to all journalists addressing any issues surrounding Iran and its nuclear endeavors, whatever they may be.

[edit on 16/2/2010 by serbsta]

[edit on 16/2/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
bad bad.
we don't even here about any of this thing in australia but that shows we are just a dag on america like a fly ridden sheeps arse.

it's sad because this reflects on the whole american population when its just the corporate side who wants to fuel its economy with war.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great post, completely agree. What's even worse than the blatant hypocrisy is the fact that through media tactics we see none of the actions taken by the US in order to better their stance as a nuclear state. We only see what Iran has done but there is never any mention of the NNP treaty which should be central to all journalists addressing any issues surrounding Iran and its nuclear endeavors, whatever they may be.

Some billions of dollars are going for next generation nukes in America. US is feeding nuclear fuel and technology to India which is not a NNPT member. Crass hypocrisy for US to say anything to any other country about commitments. Yet Clinton SecState is running around pressuring other countries to sign on to sanctions. Plenty outrageous.

When will India or Israel sign? Why aren't they sanctioned? Because the worldwide hypocrite nation would rather reward perceived friends. There is no rational reason for US and Iran to not have normal relations. Some power brokers stand in the way of all things rational.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by pthena]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by dubiousone

Why don't you contribute and make it more 'substantial'?

Well... personally, I feel like perpetuating the rhetoric/propaganda of a military dictatorship is just silly.

Honestly though, I'm having trouble determining the point of this thread. If your intention is to place the US in bad light in relation to Iran then I think you've missed the mark. If your intention was to chastize the US media for not making the call for disarmament more visible to the American public, then I'd have to say that most of us wouldn't believe it anyway and that the call for disarmament is just so much BS.

As others have said... it's easy to call for nuclear disarmament when you don't have any nukes.

I suppose that my first response seemed a little harsh but the point I was trying to make is that some ATS front page threads don't necessarily belong there. IMO....

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Does anyone really believe this nutjob want nuclear disarmament, this guy has proven himself a Liar over and over.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I doubt he truly wants disarmament, but, by the very fact that this has been shielded is disturbing. The thing I find curious after the poster from Australia is are other western countries not hearing about this as well or is it isolated as well?

A google search only brought up telegraph.co.uk as reporting on this as well is that a major news site in England?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join