It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US media omission: Iran calls for global nuclear disarmament

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

US media omission: Iran calls for global nuclear disarmament

rawstory.com

The American public has not been informed by the US news media about highly newsworthy statements made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday February 12.

"We believe that not only the Middle East but also the whole world should be free of nuclear weapons because we see such weapons as inhumane," he [Ahmadinejad] said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think it speaks volumes that US media did not bother to speak about this. This isn't saying that Ahmadinejad could be lying about his intentions and instead is just playing the rhetoric game, but that US media has VERY few (if any) reasons NOT to talk about this.

"Today, no one can use a nuclear weapon and we believe that the US is taking a wrong move by stockpiling nuclear weapons," he added.

"Those who claim that they are against nuclear weapons should dismantle their nuclear weapons first to prove that they are honest."

I don't think Ahmadinejad is silly enough to be playing the game where he expects everyone to drop their weapons while he makes his, but I do think that it is a valid statement from the leader of a country which until then and continuously since has received such negative light in regards to its nuclear program that when something seemingly positive arises it is completely ignored.

Thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
lol wants people not to have nuclear weapons so he can be like all har har i got nukes bow down to me and sock my nuke between my legs

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
While the move is heavily political this is why I love Ahmadinejad. He pokes and prods Western hypocrisy and looks like a good guy to those who're listening.
The US would probably nuke Iran on the grounds they might have had nukes before US disarms. Besides, the US gov is so strapped they'd go belly up paying to dispose of their nuclear arsenal.
The US is having a invite-only nuke party and the Persians ain't invited.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just about as inhumane as executing protesters ..Hmmmm

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Reading this absolutely pisses me off...

So far, the libertarian-leaning Antiwar.com has been the only American media outlet to cover his statements.

The American public has not been informed by the US news media about highly newsworthy statements made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday February 12.

Instead, the media's Sarah Palin obsession means that more Americans heard repeated calls to start a new war with Iran in the past week.

W in TF has happened to integrity in journalism?

This is exactly why we have such an ill-informed populace, hellbent on destruction.

PROGRAMED...plain and simple...Turn off the F'n tv

Can there be any doubt that mainstream, Amerikkan, (israeli) western media is in lockstep with the agenda...

We Surround them...Think about that!

[edit on 15-2-2010 by TaZCoN]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

That's my point.

This is blatant, in your face absolute proof of an agenda.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If I had to quickly come up with a few of the most misconstrued topics in modern MSM, Iran would be one for sure.
How often do you hear MSM phrase Ahmadinejad's comments as if they were Iran's comments?
Bush ran the US
Obama runs the US

Why does the MSM act as if every Iranian thinks like the A-man? To demonize the whole country as a regressive, anti-Western hotbed hell-bent on nuclear holocaust starting with Israel. This brings up a CRUCIAL point; Israel's hostility towards Iran becomes MSM's hostility towards Iran. Hmmm... how does that happen?

Also, they were cloning sheep when Christian conservatives prevented it in the US.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

That's my point.

This is blatant, in your face absolute proof of an agenda.

Perhaps... but who's agenda?

Could it be a perception tactic? Very easy to call for other countries to disarm, while simultaneously working on one's own enrichment program. Calling for disarmament lends credence to the statements that the enrichment program is meant for domestic purposes and not military. Does anyone really buy that?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Just about as inhumane as executing protesters ..Hmmmm

How about obama (and bush) inhumanly killing people convicted of nothing?

They could obliterate his vehicle with an airstrike as he drove through southern Somalia. Or they could fire from helicopters that could land at the scene to confirm the kill. Or they could try to take him alive.

The White House authorized the second option.

www.iraq-war.ru...

So obama can summarily slaughter people the US govt claims are bad, but when iran does it...

ALL govts controlled by sociopath oligarchs or religious douche nozzles make up excuses to kill people they don't like... call em a name a few times on TV and soon enough the programmed masses will wrap themselves in a red, white and blue stained cloth on a stick hungering for a pound of "who ever the govt says needs klill'n" flesh... heck, people even send their kids to die because some official tool told them it was the cool thing to do.

Lets not pretend iran doesn't do anything the US govt doesn't do,...ok, well, except iran can never be accused of lying to start 2 wars in order to occupy other nations THEN re-elect the tyrant that did it... but they torture like the US, have kangaroo trials, detain people without charges.. if anything the US govt is emulating their iranian brethren... lol, how freaking hilarious is that.. haha

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaZCoN
Reading this absolutely pisses me off...

So far, the libertarian-leaning Antiwar.com has been the only American media outlet to cover his statements.

Instead, the media's Sarah Palin obsession means that more Americans heard repeated calls to start a new war with Iran in the past week.

W in TF has happened to integrity in journalism?

This is exactly why we have such an ill-informed populace, hellbent on destruction.

PROGRAMED...plain and simple...Turn off the F'n tv

Can there be any doubt that mainstream, Amerikkan, (israeli) western media is in lockstep with the agenda...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by TaZCoN]

Kinda convenient how a small flood of 'iran bad' articles just happened to flood the MSM this past week.. that looks to be an effort to minimize this as, "eh, just them crazy eye-rain-agains freedom hate crazy talk (spit) again'

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Programmed Fear

Consistently escalating since 8:46 am September 11 2001.

Here is a line in a song I've recently written...sums up my opinion of msm.

A plague of fear consumes our nations
Guided with the hands of hate
The fear dispensed on channel seven
Their twisted truths manipulate

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaZCoN
reply to post by GovtFlu

Programmed Fear

Consistently escalating since 8:46 am September 11 2001.

Here is a line in a song I've recently written...sums up my opinion of msm.

A plague of fear consumes our nations
Guided with the hands of hate
The fear dispensed on channel seven
Their twisted truths manipulate
Think I would rather masterbate my addition sorry

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ok Weird Al....you're twisting my words.

You work for bildo o'reily ?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

how very american, this seems to be the sentiment that half of the world feels towards the usa as it wages war on nearly all continents

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

No I'd like to punch him in the head. Hypocrite FOX mouthpiece

I was just having a little fun. At least one accomplishes a meaningful goal!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

i think that you are right on one level but misguided on another, if you look at peoples previous convictions in a logical but still presumptious way we will see that the nations who are telling us how bad iran is and a terrible threat to us have been shown to lie through their teeth, they have also caused more death and destruction around the world than other nations. let us now look at iran, it is a little hard to pick out the truths that we have been told about this nation, but, have they been shown to blatantly lie?,do they have a record of invasion and occupation of other countries, maybe they have i dont know, but what would they achieve through attaining a nuke?, protection from maybe america?, safety for its citizens from invasion and occupation?, america has well in excess of 1500 nukes and wages war across the globe under the banner of democracy and lies to appear justified in its actions, hypocrites doesnt even come close

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
its too late for that; america or factions within it at levels "supreme" use depleted uranium.this in itself is a form of nuclear weaponry.the effects of nuclear weaponry is weird; it leaves a dark feel-able impression, like "voodo".i think it also changes the "soldiers"/units who are using them, but i can only attest to the feeling of being around personnel who have had contact with it.at first i thought it was the locals who were using implementations that are unconventional, but i believe its the uranium after reading more about its composition.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Do you guys ever wonder if you are getting played just like the media does to everyone who watches. No offence but if you where looking in from the outside I bet you would not see much differance between them and you it is all propaganda to shift the opinion of good and evil. Who is right? I think the anti media crowd is just as bad but with there own message.

It all comes down to people putting personal truth out as fact. In reality you are no different from them.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

When you push out subjective (no need to use this adjective) truth to others you generally don't have the sole intent to misinform or deceive someone. We've seen evidence of this countless times and this is just another fine example. The difference is quite distinct really; on a personal level one has a choice to either speak what they perceive to be the truth or to tell a lie, but media does not operate on a binary level as an individual does. Agenda, mission, purpose are some of the words that come to mind. Don't have those words running through your head every time you knowingly attempt to state your opinion as fact or fiction do you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join