It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush supporters: Name three good things about Kerry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And Kerry supporters, name 3 good things about Bush.

This is a test to see if there's blind hatrid, or if you're actually open minded and trying to find the best candidate. Sarcasm (Bush doesn't choke on all his prezles, or Kerry doesn't waffle on buying bigger jets) in my mind will be percieved as blind hatrid.
I'm a Bush supporter.

1)John Kerry did serve this country in time of war.

2) He was so upset with what he witnessed in the Vietnam War that he came back to America and decided to try to change it THROUGH THE SYSTEM. Not through violent protest.

3) John Kerry may pick a republican as a running mate, which hasn't happened since the early 1800s. It may be because he wants to divide the republican vote, or it could be because he wants for form some unity between the parties and doesn't want the partisanship that has riddled both parties to continue. The only way someone could know his intentions is if John Kerry told you himself or you have ESP.

Now it's your turn, and remember, many of you have made it clear who you back through your words or your admissions. I and, I hope, many others will call you if you claim to be a Bush/Kerry supporter when your previous posts have indicated otherwise.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
1. He is not Bush
2. He is not Bush
3. He is not Bush

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
1. He is not Bush
2. He is not Bush
3. He is not Bush

Like I said, blind hatrid. You didn't even read the post. What makes you think Kerry will be a better president the Bush? What has he said that has reassured you that history will not be repeated?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i'm betting you'll see lots of kerry is going to do this and kerry is going to do that replies...all of which dont have a clue how he'll do any of the thing he's claimed as he hasnt outlined one thing he claims he's going to do.

strengthen the economy? great, how???

we already know he wants to raise taxes...yay! take more of our money...great idea!

he's going to create more jobs....great, how?

he's going to do this and he's going to do that but i have yet to see any details of his "i'm gonna's"

now i know people will get mad and flame me as they feel i shouldnt question the guy they support but i have to. like bush he's a politician and i dont believe his claims. does he even know how he's going to do these things???

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
What has he said that has reassured you that history will not be repeated?

Maybe it would be, who could say for sure? If he did start to screw things up at least it would take a little longer, Bush is right in the middle of his screw ups now, let alone in four years. I do not in anyway support Kerry, let this be clear, they are all as bad as each other in Washington. i just want that bumbling, smirky cowboy out of the office of the most powerfull country in the world.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
hey earthtone how about actually ADDING something to the discussion, like something of substance other than he's not bush lines?

dont you have any real answers? cant you think for yourself? been brainwashed too long into believing only one political party is bad?

this answer of yours is not only typical but shameful. its so sad to see people basing their political beliefs on their hatred rather than what they feel is best for the country.

now how about dropping the "i must hate bush and bash him at every opportunity" attitude and actually give us something to think about.

saying "he's not bush" three times doesnt make a good argument and if anything only helps to perpetuate ignorance.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

dont you have any real answers? cant you think for yourself? been brainwashed too long into believing only one political party is bad?

. I do not in anyway support Kerry, let this be clear, they are all as bad as each other in Washington.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

. I do not in anyway support Kerry, let this be clear, they are all as bad as each other in Washington.

I think the both of you posted at the same time, don't hold that against the Prank Monkey. I've not seen him intentionally do that before.

But now you see Bush as having an opportunity to continue screwing up, whereas you see Kerry as only having an initial chance to screw up. Look at where we've gotten with Bush at this point. 4 years is a long time. I challenge you, name three things that are good about Bush. Everyone has their pros. Even Hitler was a good speaker and had great crowd control (before you'd get shot for disagreeing). Can you see any good in Bush?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The obvious things I can't say are really "good": I don't find people who wear their religion on their sleeve as inherently good; just guilty of the same conspicuous consumtion as a wrapper with three diamond chains and a mouth full of gold teeth.

And while it's a loaded question meant to define individuals as being in a "blind hate" camp ( it's on par with "have you told your mother you've raped the dog yet?"), it's also coy because it trys to give a "good" mark to someone who has not earned any. He's simply the Baby Doc to the Papa Doc inheritence line.

On the "successes":

1. First absolute control of the three branches of government
2. A here to fore never expereinced level of cloaking on the operation of the executive branch
3. a "working of the referee" so complete, that self policing by journalists of all stripe is now the norm.

Prank: I am giving you the crown for pre-emptive bitching!

Geez Louise son, don't you find the irony in your screed about people believing what President Kerry will do when none of that has occured on the thread, thus making you guilty of what you're railing against?

As for Kerry not outlining anything yet.......I've answered that in full detail in another thread you've participated in. Just because one side controls the medium in which a message is delivered, does not mean that there isn't one.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i still dont see one reason listed by anyone on this thread

BT cram it, seriously. trying to pretend kerry isnt going to do politician like things to us isnt going to help you or your arguments. whether its happened on this thread is pretty much moot. does this mean that all claims given before are now invalid only because they arent in this thread? please. you know better than that. i've seen far too many bush supporters giving party line answers and i've seen far to many bush haters give the same lines over and over again. and yes i am being proactive in this. i want to see if anyone has any genuine reasons for backing kerry. and no "he's not bush" isnt a reason, its a cop out. i actually want to see some well though reasons. anyone can say "he's gonna do this, he's gonna do that". hell who doesnt want a stronger economy? who doesnt want more jobs created? who doesnt want the good life? but again, anyone can claim they'll make these things happen but very few can explain how they plan on getting it done. hell i support anyone who puts us the american citizen first. kerry cant do that. kerry is a career politician and always will be. like so many others, including bush he's a special interest guy. he serves his own wants and needs and those of his buddies, those of his party, you come in dead last on his list of priorities and if you think differently then you're more deluded than i thought.

bush lies, so does kerry.

bush has made claims he didnt back up, so has kerry.

WTF is the difference BT? seriously. if we dont get screwed with a war on terror you dont approve of we'll just get screwed another way.

havent you figured this out by now? you seem pretty intelligent and i figured you would have known this but apparently not.

i've not seen a lot of kerry supporters in this board claim they support him because of his ideas or plans but rather its because they hate bush. in fact i've seen a lot of people support kerry only out of the sheer hatred they have for bush. they even admit they dont like kerry but will vote for him only because he isnt bush. this isnt a very good reason to vote for kerry and hating kerry isnt a good reason to vote for bush either.

so far i dont see a whole lot of good positive remarks about either candidate but i sure see a lot of people focusing on the negative.

so if me being proactive and trying to deny the ignorance of blind hatred before it gets to this thread and turns into another bash bush thread makes me a bitchy person then label me a bitchy person. i dont care.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What would you have said, on september 12, 2001, if someone told you the US would not be hit with a major terrorist attack in the next 3 years?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's selective memory.......Only remember what you want to believe so it can fit your agenda... Some people want to believe so bad they'll pick and choose what to remember, especially if their arrogance/self righteousness gets in the way.

Neither of them are pretty little prince's ......Get a new party or put a helmet on and shut up. Complaing on gets you so far, think Air America, you can only bitch and use one sided lingo for so long before people realise your a complete ass and tune out...

Let's quit badgering eachother and turn to libertarian they are the truth.
If you can find one thing that they lie about i'll shut up about them, but I gaurantee you you won't.

Or do you want a liar in office because you need conflict and anger in your life?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Let's quit badgering eachother and turn to libertarian they are the truth.
If you can find one thing that they lie about i'll shut up about them, but I gaurantee you you won't.

And what makes you think that the Libertarian party, if they become a major player in politics, won't become as corrupt as the other two?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
And Kerry supporters, name 3 good things about Bush.

This is a test to see if there's blind hatrid, or if you're actually open minded and trying to find the best candidate. Sarcasm (Bush doesn't choke on all his prezles, or Kerry doesn't waffle on buying bigger jets) in my mind will be percieved as blind hatrid.
I'm a Bush supporter.

1)John Kerry did serve this country in time of war. Yeah for 4 MONTHS, and was a BITCH about it!!! *whine* please can I a purple heart so I can get the # outta here, I have a boo boo on my arm thats grounds for going home! And meanwhile while he's there for 4 MONTHS, he goes and makes his debut in the war atrocities he admitted to! LOL, standup guy indeed.

2) He was so upset with what he witnessed in the Vietnam War that he came back to America and decided to try to change it THROUGH THE SYSTEM. Not through violent protest.Was he upset because he was looking in the mirror?? *cough* "There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed, in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones, I conducted harassment and interdiction fire, I used .50-caliber machine guns which were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages," Kerry said in 1971.www.cnn.com...

3) John Kerry may pick a republican as a running mate, which hasn't happened since the early 1800s. It may be because he wants to divide the republican vote, or it could be because he wants for form some unity between the parties and doesn't want the partisanship that has riddled both parties to continue. The only way someone could know his intentions is if John Kerry told you himself or you have ESP.
That's a cute little spin, but I think he wants a hip hopper flip flopper like him, mcCain was gop until he got pissed at bush and turned democrat, as far as i'm concerned he's out to lunch as much as kerry is... I wonder if they brought some of that ketchup with em... Kerry has lived such a sheltered life and you can tell by some of the # that comes out of that boy's mouth, it's astounding, he has no clue about what real people go through day to day, he's been riding the gravy train since he got back from vietnam, which by the way he was only there for 4 months, he has no #ing clue about America at all, he lives in a bubble and it smells of rotten tomatos.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Three things good about Kerry,

1. AIDS/HIV policy
2. National service, volunteers
3. Native American policy

The above is from Kerrys campaign site, now I'm going to go wash my hands and cleanse my mind - see ya later.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, I can do this. I think. Things good things about Bush, if I were to give him the benefit of the doubt (which I wouldn't) that he was doing them for purely political reasons.

Bush:
1. Pushing for greater achievements in the Space Program (Moon/Mars)
2. Pushing for work VISAs for Mexican immigrants.

I'm sorry. I honestly tried to find a third thing but I couldn't. Really. I was going to say visiting the troops on Thanksgiving, but then I remembered that picture he took with the plastic Turkey. *shrugs*

P.S.- Prankmonkey, could you stop pretending that you're neutral and "denying ignorance" when you bitch about "bush bashing" constantly. Just admit that you support Bush and you don't like people ragging on him. It's ok for you or anyone else to like one of these candidates over the other. For alot of people "he's not Bush" is actually a plus. For some people it's a minus.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

P.S.- Prankmonkey, could you stop pretending that you're neutral and "denying ignorance" when you bitch about "bush bashing" constantly. Just admit that you support Bush and you don't like people ragging on him. It's ok for you or anyone else to like one of these candidates over the other. For alot of people "he's not Bush" is actually a plus. For some people it's a minus.

look i know it makes it easier for you to attack someone when you can put a label on them that you dislike, like republican, conservative, whatever. but i have said i dont like the clinton bashing either so i fail to see how me being against bush bashing automatically makes me a bush supporter. if you dont want to believe this so be it, doesnt matter to me one bit. since i've never defended bush once and have only said that i dont like the bush bashing i dont know how this makes me a bush supporter. you wanting this to be so doesnt make it so. but believe what you want, you always have anyway. its not my fault there's more bush bashing than clinton or kerry bashing.

so think whatever you want, just dont give me a label to suit your own needs.

regardless of what you think i'm not your enemy.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Kerry:
1. yale alumni
2. member of the skull and bones
3. married into money

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

look i know it makes it easier for you to attack someone when you can put a label on them that you dislike, like republican, conservative, whatever. but i have said i dont like the clinton bashing either so i fail to see how me being against bush bashing automatically makes me a bush supporter. if you dont want to believe this so be it, doesnt matter to me one bit. since i've never defended bush once and have only said that i dont like the bush bashing i dont know how this makes me a bush supporter. you wanting this to be so doesnt make it so. but believe what you want, you always have anyway. its not my fault there's more bush bashing than clinton or kerry bashing.

so think whatever you want, just dont give me a label to suit your own needs.

regardless of what you think i'm not your enemy.

(sigh) I don't think you're my enemy, and I have no interest in attacking anyone. Not anymore at least.

It's just....it gets to me that you seem to think you're perfectly neutral. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion! I believe that everyone leans one way or the other. Left, right, up, down...whatever. No one's completely neutral, even if they see problems with all the sides. There's nothing wrong with extreme dislike of one candidate and picking a lesser evil over the greater.

Case and point: www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com...

And yes, labelling people is nearly impossible. People are more of a mishmash of ideologies. One of my friends is dedicated to becoming a Republican politician but doesn't like Bush and has decided to vote (albeit painfully) for Kerry. Couldn't label him.

But maybe it's my own fault, but I've never seen you weigh in and chastise people bashing "the other side". It just left me with an imperssion that you're not really neutral, ya know. And no, I don't WANT you to be a Bush supporter. God no, the less the better.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Kerry:
1. yale alumni
2. member of the skull and bones
3. married into money

Ok, I found my third good thing about Bush! Thanks for the reminder.

3. Managed to get into Yale with less than stellar grades and managed to become president even though he was a C student at Yale.

I kind of admire that. Or should that be resent... The two feelings aren't that different sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join