It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US refuses to cancel Obama's Dalai Lama meeting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This thread should be labeled HOAX or just plain closed because it is very misleading.

Barack Obama cancels meeting with Dalai Lama 'to keep China happy'

Get your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Which is a good point, but can China sell them in small quantities in secret to persons and countries that we would not like to pay in 30 years or even 10 years? The full maturity to face value is 30 years, but they increase in value over time.

Let's say that current face value is 25 cents on the dollar and China can find a buyer (Russia, Iran, N Korea, or individuals like Osama, Chavez,etc.) for 24 cents on the dollar. But in 5 years they would pay out 30 cents for example.

Of course China can keep a lion's share for the future but if enough were sold and arrangements were made by the buyers to cash in at a set time or condition of recovered growth from the current recession, it would be enough to keep the US economically unbalanced. That would not devalue the Yen too much and keeps the US a bit more dependent. Or maybe, China would be willing to "help out" by buying more T-Bills at a better rate than they normally would have paid.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Have to respectfully point out that was last year. The source in the OP even mentions last year's cancelled meeting that you are sourcing.

It may be because of the minor flack over last year's snub is why Obama is going to meet this time. It was only because I remembered last year's refusal that I even mentioned this meeting as a thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Respectfully,last year was 4 months ago.Are our memory's that short?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Might want to rethink that.
first off, no one would buy any more , not the amounts needed anyway,
So the Fed Ponzi would have to step up and buy the remaining 20%.

(Fed bought 80% last auction)

That's my point. For them to go ahead and Sell If they "could" find a buyer.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I do wonder what exactly they will talk about in the meeting and if the highlights will be made public. Or if the news will just be that they met and a few blurbs on who the Dalai Lama is for the uneducated mass.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is often wise not to under-estimate China, BUT so too must one NOT be foolish to over-estimate the China CCP govt.

Selling away the bonds would be the most dumbest thing the CCP could ever do if it thinks it will hurt US. The Feds would be smiling and only too willing to take up the slack over the pathetic billions - free use of the money, no interest paid and even at bargain prices!!!! :-P

If the CCP is that dumb, then they are indeed an enemy worth keeping. Who dont like a stupid enemy you can easily steamroll over?!!!

On a more serious note, WHO dictates whom gets to meet OR NOT meet the President can only be dictated by the american people through their elected representatives, and NOT any other foriegn country, least of all the illegal authoritarian capitalist bunch of ruffians called the CCP. current tyrants of the repressed people of China.

The hundreds of thousands founding fathers who gave their lives for freedom of entire american generations will scream and rise from the graves for vengence if any sitting President allows such intimidation.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They are afraid of anyone who speaks out, remember the athletes who wore a mask on their face during the Olympics? They also attack Google...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
chinese culture and chinese people are beautiful and i am so happy to be blessed enough to be able to have made some friends from this amazing part of the world. that said i find the chinese government to be absolutely disgusting.

my take on the dali lama business is that they know their actions on the tebetian plateau were criminal and un-human and don't want the world to knwo how incredibly hateful, dangerous, and down right evil they can be.

yes the usa is in massive debt to china but china will not dump the dollar or break the usa until it can replace its massive holdings of dollars with another currency. most likely it will be the euro but it will still be a fair amount of time until there is enough euro in print to take the place of the dollar.

maybe we can wean our selves off of chinese crap products before the fatal days comes around knocking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join