It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I not "Normal"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Then I guess we are not so different!

Thanks to everyone that has replied to this thread!

Has helped me out a bit!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
...Given that it's now a foregone conculsion, I'm working on "Am I loveable?". Jury is still out.

I like you.
You are more loveable than average, for sure.

*blushing*

Well, thank you. And I'll say that you are quite kind.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 

All my life I have had a sense of not belonging!

When the mind is in charge nothing is more 'normal' than feeling a sense of not belonging.

It is a long conversation and perhaps not for this thread, but self identification with the mind is by definition disconnected from all that is ... for the mind operates in relative verbal approximative concepts. It perceives liner time when actually none exists, it perceives a conceptual past and future, a conceptual me and them. It resists all that is end replaces it with wants and needs and positions and external gods until everything is always sought outside of yourself, and you're always just a few fulfilled desires away from being complete ... if I just get/achieve this or that in the future I will be happy or complete.

Using the mind as the driver of the car as opposed to the tool for which it is intended is to be permanently disconnected. There's a way to liberate one's self from this circumstance but like I said it's for another conversation. Yet there is a fundamental reason for this feeling of not belonging emerging within you especially at the age that you find yourself. It is an opening, your inner self screaming out an opportunity to realize that the mind identified self is inadequate ... it is in fact your self trying to free itself. Most folks don't realize this and resist this opening when it arises until it is well and truly buried by their thoughts.

It's really up to if you chose to align yourself with this and every opportunity or continue on the existing livable but suffering laden path ... what will you do?

Remember ... it's all fun and games until someone loses an I.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Believe it or not there seem to be more and more people describing what you just did in your OP about themselves.

My theory (right or wrong ... it is afterall, just my theory), is that what you and the others like you are describing is the next stage of human evolusion.

I believe one of the key features of this phase will be hightened awareness ... empathy etc

And the reason you probably stand-out in a crowd (get stared at), is because people can 'feel' something different about you but they just can't quite put there finger on what it is.

I also believe that you and those like ... and eventually your offspring ... are the ones who will have the arduous task of trying to get things back in alignment.

Woody

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I can tell you that I am what people call a free spirit

My mind actually feels like its going to explode the amount of thoughts I have wedged up there!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

how a wolf is not an animal, and how anyone matters,

the only issue existing is the fact that noone refer to certainty concepts life that justify existance reality in anything they mean or do

merdas, there is a truth that is all, absolute free life that is the source of consciousness existance and creations of colorful forms shapes, but what do we got, only creators greed of benefits and conscious in creations lives greed of interests

truth is dead and noone cares, as long as creations are alive,

why everyone love lies, because everyone hate to be true, wether from up apparantly they hate to have to evolve in positive truth as true, to have to justify absolutely any move
and from down conscious or awareness existing hates to count on itself move alone, knowing its principal reason of moving is the lie that it can pretend being existing of tempting conditions lives

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Maybe!

I'm going to follow my heart and feelings towards the earth guide me in the right direction!

I just don't want to be apart of the system that we are in now! This false sense of life! Its not right... And as I get older I feel and know that I am going to do something about it!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Enjoy your "uniqueness". Life would be boring if we were all the same.

Young 40's here and feel the say way you do. You willl eventually run into like minded people. Be patient.

I like weird and strange people myself. I even like some of the normal folks too.

Life is short. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Touche!

I love being unique! Its what keeps me driving on and keeps me creative when writing music!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

I know your first language isn't English, but I appreciate your insight and thought you put into the reply!

Much love

Wolf xx

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A lot of good points have been made, and there are many conversations you can have on this site that other people in your life may not be able to grasp or even consider the thought of entertaining such ideas.

What IS important is to know who "you" are and stay true to yourself. I beleive the moment you doubt/lie to yourself is the moment you lose your identity and become nothing more than one of them "sheeple"

You say u have difficulty understanding and relating to others...

When seeking/looking/confirming your own truth(s) it is important to think dynamicly, becuase the act of seeking/looking/confirming anything are NOT static. Meaning, what you beleive today may not be what you follow the next. Obviously you know you are different from the crowd, but it is just as important to know WHY you are not like them and understand OBJECTIVLY (without ego) who you are.

There are things in this world that can only be defined by experiencing it. with that said, there are people in this world that are so focused on facts, that they are simply unable to relate and/or progress your perspective without you always having to try and explain (unexplainable/difficult to explain) events. Some people can do it in a way that resonates as truth to others, and some cant. It is all based on the individual interpreting these ideas.

if you have the time, id like to refer you to my own thread where i go into more detail. I am very open and intrested of your thoughts on it.

link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Id also like to add that i have changed and learned a lot from when i first posted. It were the people who could relate to my experiences that further progressed my own perspectives.

ATS is a great outlet/source for knowledge if you know where to look, and by you simply making this post i feel you will find the answers you are looking for.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Yeah it deffinately has helped me!

I will have a look at your thread tomorrow as It is getting late where I live
I appreciate the reply and look forward to talking to you again!

Much Love

Wolf xx

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

hypocrit, it is hatred when you mean to not respect what another said because surely for what you are a christian, by claiming that the other cannot write
and then sign much love
berkkkk such hypocrisy exponentiality

all the snakes of religions are the worse livings on earth

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by EnlightenUp

What are your average thoughts during the day...: Work related, Media related?

Mine are mostly philosophical, psychological, metaphysical, spiritual and technical. Not much in the way of practical except where those previous sets happen to overlap it.

You forgot psychological... wait nope, that covers them all

Are we normal for thinking alike?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Age, time and necessities of life will try to rob you of your gifts and individuality.... I know.... Reduced to making ends meet......

As time catches on, the trade-offs we make, the balancing of competing needs vs interest vs life vs beliefs, will numb you.... This is THE CHALLENGE for you.

You have a gift....A gift of sensitivity and feelings... Remember that always and if you can.... do all of us a favour.... work towards making this world a better place......

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH
You forgot psychological... wait nope, that covers them all

Are we normal for thinking alike?

If we were the only two people on Earth, then it would suggest that "All statistics point to 'YES'."

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Hi my name is Irrelevant and I am 19 years old!

Greetings from an old soul . You most certainly are not irrelevant, everyone is relevant to make a whole. We are each one small spark of a major fire. I was like you, not normal in any way, knowing more than the teachers, having few real friends, being labelled "different." I very quickly learned not to pay any attention at all to anything that bothered most people. I cared not for what others thought about me, or said about me, to me, it wasn't relevant to me. I began to accumulate knowledge. This was in 1967 or so. Welcome to the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hi my name is Irrelevant and I am 19 years old!

All my life I have had a sense of not belonging!

I don't fit in with anyone and I find my thoughts differ from pretty much everyone I have met!

I have multiple thoughts pretty much 24/7 on how I can change the world and how I can Influence this planet!

I often find myself watching how people act and how we live and find it difficult to understand why we live a lie...

I have a mutual love for both sexes

I have a deep understanding of life, and just know things that maybe I shouldn't especially at my age. (Im not going to get into anything in particular.) I feel as though I have been here before...

I can see auras around people, plants and anything living (Sometimes inaminate objects) and I can also feel other peoples emotions, sometimes I don't even have to see the person or be near them!

People randomly tell me their darkest desires and secrets, and sometimes get really intimidated by just looking me in the eye!

Me and allot of my friends have noticed that near enough everyone I walk past or when I am in a crowd of people, people stare at me (I am not being paranoid as my friends and family have watched people staring!) They said that I stand out from the crowd, but I think I look pretty normal...

So...

I was wondering if anyone here on ATS could enlighten me on why I am not "Normal"!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Wolf ]

I share the same qualities except for the seeing auras or everyone staring at me. I always find my self studying someone's personality and their actions for some reason and I learn subtly from this.

I find myself thinking of ways to influence a collective and change this planet as well and plan on starting or taking a step when I leave high school.

I've learned abnormally rapid over the past two years and my mind-set is so different from the majority that it's very awkward to conform to their ideologies.

I guess this is part of the intricate plan my higher-self has set before me to achieve a goal.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok when I first started reading your post it really shocked me cause as I was reading some of your expriences sound exactly like mine its kind of creepy really lol...but your not alone my friend

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I can relate what almost all say here.

But these days the only way I feel different is when I,m confronted with people making big problems of in my eyes the most useless of situations.

I'm also gifted with the ability to sense. Up to just knowing if a person is sincere or a fraud, and stepping in a room I always know what's going on . Any ambiance fills the room like thick smoke.

I also see when a problem occurs, it's cause and why in my surroundings I even have the perfect solution.

Greetings from an old soul . You most certainly are not irrelevant, everyone is relevant to make a whole. We are each one small spark of a major fire. I was like you, not normal in any way, knowing more than the teachers, having few real friends, being labelled "different." I very quickly learned not to pay any attention at all to anything that bothered most people. I cared not for what others thought about me, or said about me, to me, it wasn't relevant to me. I began to accumulate knowledge. This was in 1967 or so. Welcome to the world.

As for the rest of life Mr. Autowrench post the exact same thing.

Consider yourself lucky ! Most people only learn to at 40 or even never at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join