It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame has been renamed and is now being marketed as a natural sweetener

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I didn't know life expectancy equated to a healthy life.

If you do your research properly you'll discover that even that is a LIE. All drugs do is make you suffer longer. IF you want to live to 100 without major diseases or pains stay VERY far away from processed food and pharmaceutical drugs. Change your whole belief system and try to live as independent as possible. Learn to grow foods (even if you need to hire shared farm land for it) and know what's in season and not.

Food is supposed to come out of the ground near your home, not be drowned in pesticides, travel thousands of miles, gets radiated, processed to death, filled with additives and finally put on a shelve for god knows how long.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What I'm drinking right now has no sugar, no fake sugar, no dangerous side effects, and they have done plenty of studies to prove its probably one of the healthiest things you could possibly drink. The benefits of it are pretty endless.

Oh that's right, I'm drinking water. Huh, go figure.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Sorry man, even THAT won't get you to 100. You know what is going to get you to 100 years old. I know the true answer to this. The key way to live to 100 years old is.....

drum rolls....

Genetics.

So if you want to live a long full life, exercise in moderation, eat in moderation, donate to gene therapy funding, put your "religious beliefs" aside and give science the chance to do some good for you. Push politicians to A. get out of science (stem cell) B. even better, more funding to research and development.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Does this mean it will be smuggled in to our foods in place of or along with natural sugar? As such, we'd have to screen every label for the deadly poison....Unthinkable. We use it to kill ants. A little bit does really well when they drag it to the table.

Maybe they need sugar for powering cars. I saw a story about Brazil using sugar for car travel.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thankyou for that information OP - Aspartame makes me really ill, I needed to know this.

Thankyou S & F

J

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Agreed, me too. I had to lose a bunch of weight before I had a surgery in 2007 and I used aspartame in my diet. I suffered chronic IBS to a severe degree. I went through all kinds of tests, scans, CT. They couldn't find anything wrong. I literally thought I was suffering from gallstones, the pain was so bad everytime I would eat. I had no idea it was aspartame. I stopped eating it after I read something about it and my IBS totally stopped. Now if I accidentally eat something that has aspartame I get instantly sick. Splenda isn't so bad but if I have too much of that I get stomach cramps. All it takes is one soda with splenda and I'm hurting. Aspartame is a full on assault on my intestines.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If it causes everything from headaches to cancer....
If there's a hell of a lot of debate...
And if it tastes PUTRID...

What reason is there to use it?

I can't stand artificial sweeteners. My wife stopped aspartame and switched to Splenda. Her headaches went away too. It doesn't taste anywhere near as foul either.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life.

It\'s no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Your belief in no God and that whatever you say is true is an escape from your responsibility to do what is right and obey the word of the true God and a vain attempt to take his place, do to your unthankful childish fault-finding attitude in which you call every single thing stupid and cruel while in your vain hypocrisy, denying that claim, as you clearly belief life has value, other wise you would have killed yourself, you cruel and stupid slanderer.

"It\'s no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Pretentious much? Clearly your so childish, so ignorant, so incredibly self-centered on your own feelings, that you think using big words and scholarly sounding sentences is evidence that you're a wise person. No idiot, it doesn't work that way, and what you said is WORD SALAD.

Accept the wisdom on the outside, the wisdom of the Bible, rather than twisting and rejecting whatever makes your heart hurt. Just because something feels good, doesn't mean it is good and just because something feels bad doesn't mean it is bad, yet you clearly live your life in ignorance of that basic knowledge, knowledge basic to little kids who know to accept pain to survive.

Grow up and stop being a hypocritical ingrate and stop twisting the definition of "evidence" to mean, "whatever I feel is true".

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by danielknight

I'm glad this topic is about religion and how it teaches you "just because it feels bad, doesn't mean it's bad ".

Oh wait.

Does Aspartame cause brain damage?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Would it be possible to start a thread and list products that have this ingredient in it? Could it be added to this thread or would that be off topic?

I appreciate you posting this as it is something I am concerned about. I always have scanned the packaging to look for the little symbol just to make sure it's not in anything I buy. But now, it looks like the crooked legal system has provided a loophole so evil corporations do not have to disclose the "truth in advertising".

I am concerned that it may be hidden in a lot of cereals as well as products for diabetics. I sure would like to see us build a list of products and expose ALL of these companies for their duplicity in this fraud.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by broli

The key way to live to 100 years old is.....

drum rolls....

Genetics.

And are you a sperm bank donor?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I actually just finished a research paper on the advent and questionable legality of aspartame a couple of weeks ago for class.

Just to add to the substance of the thread,

Aspartame was first manufactured by the PHARMACEUTICAL company G.D Searle, in, I believe, 1965. It wasn't approved by the FDA for something like 16 years. This is on top of my head, so the dates and years might be a tad off

The slow approval was partly because of the concern over the breakdown and release of harmful chemicals like fermadyhyde and, in particular, phenylalanine under unstable conditions like heat and other food processing and more over because they couldn't provide stable testing results.

The apes and other high functioning animals the sweetener was first tested on consistantly died of brain lesions, leukemias, among other problems.

Aspartame may have been approved, but why the sudden change of heart?

WELL...

Around the same time Ronald Reagen took office, the CEO of G.D Searle was replaced by Donald Rumself (yes, the Rumself you're thinking of).

Ronald Reagen's administration obviously included this man, who's first year in position FIRED the head of the FDA and yes, shortly afterward, aspartame was approved.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by we drowned]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Aspertame bad, Stevia GOOD! I discovered it 10 years ago when I could only find it in liquid form, now you can get it in nice little powder packets like other sweeteners. No poison, all natural plant substance, no calories, and no icky aftertaste like sugar. I'm starting to see them carry it in the gourmet tea stores in Arizona now.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Aspartame was the reason I started to dislike sweet things. Now I just drink my tea without any sweetener, nor even sugar. Camomile tea is the only one I like with some sweet in there, so I drop there a scoop of honey. Oh and here, honey is HONEY, nothing else but honey. You can still feel some wax particles on it if you eat it from the package :d. Delicious.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Look, bottom line is a little sugar won't kill you. I'm a nutritonal science major, so I've spent some time delving into the atrocities of the average american diet and I've found sugar to not be one of the more serious problems. If you're fat, the sugar in your coffee is probably not the problem.

There's such a large emphasis on carbs, sugars, fats but no focus on the gestalt of the diet, such as the absence of raw, wholesome dense vegetables and fruits.

Whatever. You're right. Stevia.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Aspartame tastes like absolute garbage. They can change the name, but anyone who's had it before is gonna know what it is as soon as they taste it. It's unmistakable.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Aspertame bad, Stevia GOOD!...

Google Truvia. It's a new stevia-based product that recently came on the market and it ROCKS! All natural, zero calories, tastes like sugar, awesome!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What about the sham of the tobacco industry? It is the biggest in not a generation, but in modern history. I'm all for disclosure in all industries that lie to the populace, but the biggest murdering fools are tobacco. They are doing nothing to help those that are addicted to their undisclosed 250+ chemicals that they put into each cigarette. I want off theses things, but I'm supposed to pay? I had no idea that the addiction was so deep. I need help.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It's not that bad, but it tastes very "green", kinda like too-sweet sugar mixed with raw spinach or something.

I also found that the plant has to be very regularly pruned back and pinched - if you let it grow out too much, the leaves turn to leather and lose their sweetness.

You also need like twelve of the plants to sweeten a cup of tea.

The return for your investment (of time and space - these plants are pretty cheap) is pretty low. If you're after a non-sugar natural sweetner, go ahead and use the stuff.

if sugar doesn't bother you though, go with raw cane sugar. You can buy it in cones in most supermarkets that have a "mexican foods" section. Run it over your cheese grater or put it through a food processor and you've got all the sugar you should need for a while.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

The difference lay in simply choice. You chose to start smoking and ultimately, it's your choice to quit or not.

This is coming from an ex-smoker.

In addition, tobacco isn't marketed as being healthful, where as aspartame has infiltrated into over 6,000 consumer foods and food ingredients.

Aspartame, for example, is sometimes sold in tubs of the naturally healthful and enzyme rich yogurt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join