It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of a nuclear war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a Middle East Issue, but I suppose that's where all the nuke business is happening.

So if some country launches a nuke at another... then everyone goes crazy and launches everything they have at major cities and military bases. The dust, debris, etc. in the atmosphere would disrupt the climate for decades and all the casualties would probably reach close to 1 billion.

I guess what I'm trying to understand, what would wiping out society accomplish strategically? I saw War Games and Dr. Strangelove... isn't it common sense that a total nuclear war would be insane? I always thought the point of actually having nukes was to scare everyone else, no one would actually use them (only in WWII because no one else did).

Sorry if this is too minimal, it's just retarded to imagine that world military powers would consider using nukes. The US alone could destroy every major city and the suburbs, and Russia could take out whats left.

If there's something that I'm missing, I'd really like to know

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Edit for lack of clarity...my bad.

[edit on 2/11/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a nuclear war can wipe all of out of our misery under few seconds =)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This question has been answered before. Please refer to link....

The End of the World

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You just asked a very intreasting question.What would be the benifiets of winning a nuclear war.Well there would not be many benifiets at all and you might say there are no winners in a Nuclear war.Lets take the United states for example.Five days into a nuclear war with china.70%of the United States major cities destroyed.230 million americans killed with 90% of the United States so radioactive no one could live there for the next 500,000 years.The United States has 30% of there forces left and most of them are naval forces which have retreated to Australia.Five days into a nuclear war with the United States china has had 90% of there major cities destroyed.480 million chinese were killed with 60% of China so radioactive no one could live there for the next 500,000 years.China has 80% of there forces left and most of them are army units.The only beings who may benifiet a nuclear war would be aliens who are immuned from the effects of radiation and with 75% of the worlds weapons and armies wiped out from a nuclear war would give the aliens a better chance to invade earth without being attacked.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

It would be good for the cockroaches.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The interesting thing is hitting big cities now is counter productive.

What do you kill.
Illegals.
Gang members.
Winos and other homeless.
The very rich.

In most of the US big corporations have moved there factories out of the big cities.

The military are not there. and they are a high priority target.

China is just the opposite there military and factories are in big cities.

The main targets in any war are C3 targets command, control and communications.
and of coarse leadership.

The only reason to hit cities is because tjhey are big targets and ICBMs with poor guidance systems are the only reason to hit big cities. they are hard to miss.

Now the US ICBMs has pinpoint guidance systems so we can use small warhead yields.

The US is not going to throw all its warheads at china.
they may not even throw 1/4 of there warheads on the first days at china.

The US would target the military, C3, and leadership of China.

Then wait and see if Russia wants to play.
Russia might want to invade china after its leadership and military are smoke crossing the pacific.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The answer to your question is "eye for an eye".

Additionally, some nuclear nations (eg France) have clearly stated that they would use nuclear attack in response to attacks from non nuclear nations, terrorist attacks as well. So, the idea was, if someone crashes a plane into some French building they nuke Zimbabwe.

If that sounds insane to you then it is a clear indication that you're a normal person and should seek medical assistance immediately.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Population control, Endgame to chaos, Justification to initiate new governmental order, and for the delusional super rich and totally bored just some sick twisted fun. Funny how people discount the reality of evil that lives in and controls the world.
They didnt build them to just sit there, I think there's a certain percentage that would really enjoy seeing them used.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Population control and "starting over". Those who are wanting this to happen and who will make sure it does happen are alos the same ones who have already planned for protection to survive this event so that they can be in charge when its over.

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
I'm not sure if this is a Middle East Issue, but I suppose that's where all the nuke business is happening.

So if some country launches a nuke at another... then everyone goes crazy and launches everything they have at major cities and military bases. The dust, debris, etc. in the atmosphere would disrupt the climate for decades and all the casualties would probably reach close to 1 billion.

I guess what I'm trying to understand, what would wiping out society accomplish strategically? I saw War Games and Dr. Strangelove... isn't it common sense that a total nuclear war would be insane? I always thought the point of actually having nukes was to scare everyone else, no one would actually use them (only in WWII because no one else did).

Sorry if this is too minimal, it's just retarded to imagine that world military powers would consider using nukes. The US alone could destroy every major city and the suburbs, and Russia could take out whats left.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'd like to see more info on that. China has a few hundred nukes-roughly the size of Israel's arsenal plus some. The US has thousands...and thousands of nukes. I would imagine if the US used just half of their arsenal that ALL of China would be gone.

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
You just asked a very intreasting question.What would be the benifiets of winning a nuclear war.Well there would not be many benifiets at all and you might say there are no winners in a Nuclear war.Lets take the United states for example.Five days into a nuclear war with china.70%of the United States major cities destroyed.230 million americans killed with 90% of the United States so radioactive no one could live there for the next 500,000 years.The United States has 30% of there forces left and most of them are naval forces which have retreated to Australia.Five days into a nuclear war with the United States china has had 90% of there major cities destroyed.480 million chinese were killed with 60% of China so radioactive no one could live there for the next 500,000 years.China has 80% of there forces left and most of them are army units.The only beings who may benifiet a nuclear war would be aliens who are immuned from the effects of radiation and with 75% of the worlds weapons and armies wiped out from a nuclear war would give the aliens a better chance to invade earth without being attacked.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A nuclear war makes no sense what so ever. However, we should look at the context of such warfare from the eyes of the agressors.

For instance, since this is in the Mid-East Forum, let's look at Iran. What do they have to gain from a nuclear option. If what I read is correct, the Mullahs and Khomenis believe that by starting a nuclear war, they start the "apocolypse" and speed the return of the 12th Imam. The equivalent would be if the Extreme Fundamentalists Christians gained power and formed a Theocracy here in the US, and thought that by starting a nuclear war, they could speed the return of Jesus.

For most countries, logic hopefully is in place and a nuclear option is looked at as a deterrent.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess it really comes down to:

Do you feel lucky ___insert country name__?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Nuclear war means one thing,

Everyone will be pwned.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Three words: scorched earth tactics. Pretty much the samething as a child breaking a toy instead of sharing it or a person killing their ex when they leave them. "If I can't have it no one will."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Nuclear War is essential for making oil. First you need lots and lots of dead bodies to start the base for a fresh vat layer of fossil fuels. Second you need something to mutate the existing lizards into man eating giant reptiles to throw in the essential dinosaur ingredient to making oil into the human fossil base.

It takes a really long time to grow enough reptiles to flash freeze them to add to the vat, and you don’t really want a big human population during that time because you are out of oil to run industry and large cities.

Maybe it just wasn’t a brilliant idea manifesting on an oil producing planet what can I say!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
cockroaches like humans, they don't like Cold. they would miss us very much if humans went *POOF*

top topics

join