It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live pigs blasted in terror attack experiments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Please my friend read this:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

LIVE pigs are being blown up with explosives at Porton Down, the government’s secret military research laboratory, to simulate the effect of terrorist attacks on civilian targets. In a series of tests at the biological and chemical research centre in Wiltshire, 18 large pigs were wrapped in protective blankets before bombs were detonated a few feet away. The scientists allowed the pigs to bleed until almost a third of their blood was gone to see how long they could be kept alive.......

How sick are we? No more respect from nothing? What can this help for? Why don't use Dummies? What about Body Size? What about Human reactions in thise situations? To eat them is one thing (not mine), but to let them explode live?

I just can't believe this is MY world. OMG! What do you think?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What do I think? I think it's pretty sick, just like you.

(((piggies)))

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is freakin' sick..
Wow.
I can't believe we do this to animals to simulate terrorists attacks.. and let them bleed..

Wow.

Thanks for this!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
But how can people say then something against Jewish kosher slaughter and Muslim halal slaughter? Leastwise they eat them, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
But how can people say then something against Jewish kosher slaughter and Muslim halal slaughter? Leastwise they eat them, right?
Kosher meat is FAR more humane than the way the rest of the world does it. Half the time when you stick a bholt through a cows head, it's still alive for quite a while afterwards. They sometimes shock them first, but that shock is soon over powered by a bolt through the head. Jewish/Muslim butchers have alot of respect for the animals they kill and eat. The western abatoirs quite simply don't. They treat animals as product, not as animals.

This (the article you posted) is just humans being a$$holes to animals because they can. It's wrong on many different levels.

[edit on 10/2/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I am shocked that you are shocked.
Where have you been all your life???

We expirement on animals in labs and use them for testing all the time.
This is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think that far worse things are done to animals and humans on a daily basis.

Also it saves time on having to cook your bacon if it's already been flash fried.

Call me harsh or heartless if you want, but I have witnessed more horrifying things first hand and I have little sympathy for something that I would gladly put into my mouth and devour.

Although I will admit that it was cruel to let them bleed out. They should have been put out of their misery sooner.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I am shocked that you are shocked.
Where have you been all your life???

We expirement on animals in labs and use them for testing all the time.
This is nothing new.

And then it's okey or necessary? How dead are you people? I think this comes in conflict with eating cute pigs, thats the crux, - possible? And sorry, I mean it not offensive but as reflection.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

We all have our opinions on eating pigs but thats not what this thread is about.
I can't condone it or condemn it.
Would you prefer they use people to test bad vaccines and medicines not proven safe on humans??
Would you prefer they used people in that expirement??
I am just saying this stuff goes on all the time so the OMG I can't believe it attitude has me wondering why you only first heard of this stuff now??

The how dead are you people comment....we could be alot deader if WE were used in those expirements.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Does animal testing work?

www.slate.com...

“Isn’t animal testing responsible for every major medical advance?” ?

www.peta.org...

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Actually animal testing has saved lives.
remember the bad vaccines sent out last year?The guy used ferrets to see if it was good before injecting humans and they all died instead of humans.
Lives were saved right there.

As for Peta...they kill enough animals all by themselves and I have more respect for animals then I do them.
They are hippocrites.
wiki.answers.com...

Keep trying.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If this is true this is sickening, I can't stand animal cruelty. Just because animals can't communicate with us doesn't mean they don't have thoughts and feelings and the sense of pain. If anyone has any pets you know exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I think they could have used dummies, it might have had a different result. The scientists will never be able to create a successful bomb senerio, unless they actually set of a bomb themselves.

Also go to a slaughter house, if you see how they live and how they killed, you might not care as much. It is really inhumane what happens there but people still eat meat after words. why because humans need meat to live, a vegan family still has to allow there young children to eat regular food, or they will grow up malnourished.

Pigs were meant to be used for food. If scientist find a way to save human lives and suffering then I would rather use pigs then humans in the experiments.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yum Yum. I smell fresh pork rinds!!

Actually the use of dead pigs is quite common when conducting ballistic tests. Ever watch Mythbusters? Call PETA on them for using dead pigs.

I can understand why they would use live pigs in SOME tests to better understand the impact of various attacks and how to prevent DEATH in HUMANS.

Science is just plain evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What do I think? I think the people are doing this should be blasted in same way and while they are at it also strap bombs on the people who authorised this.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I remember watching footage from early Nuke tests where live pigs were held in cages to see how the blast effected them. What I saw was these pigs frying.. literally, as smoke poured of them while they squeeled (sp) in agony. That was enough for me, I knew human beings can be cruel, but to watch it was not my idea of entertainment.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Actually animal testing has saved lives.
remember the bad vaccines sent out last year?The guy used ferrets to see if it was good before injecting humans and they all died instead of humans.
Lives were saved right there.

As for Peta...they kill enough animals all by themselves and I have more respect for animals then I do them.
They are hippocrites.
wiki.answers.com...

Keep trying.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by DrumsRfun]

anyone who has the mindset that human beings are more imortant than any other living creature needs to be the one tested on. honestly...you disgust me.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Zeres]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeres

So they must be vegetarians? - possible

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeres

I never said humans were more important then animals.
I was simply stating the facts as to how we do things so don't go blaming me and don't imply that I condone it.
As I said earlier...I don't CONDONE it but can't condemn it unless I am willing to be a human guinea pig.
Don't worry...you disgust me as well trying to imply something and putting words in my mouth.
That was a little ignorant don't you think?
Do you want to sign up to be tested in those bomb expirements...I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
OP, if all animals could speak english i swear it would all stop.

top topics

join