It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church tax for the USA now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Well, I actually live in South Africa, and we have a similar policy to the US, and a huge assorment of local and global evangelists.

Ah, "Pastor Chris" and his gang.

I'm also hoping somebody from Germany or Scandinavia could add some comments?

I have lived in Sweden (the highest taxed country in the world) for a while and if my memory serves me right the church tax was in the neighbourhood of 1.5%, and you can opt out if you like.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well taxing a religion would breakdown free exercise of religion. Contrary to what sheeple will tell you not all churches make lots of money, sure televangelist will raise money for their church but keep in mind there are so many christian off-shoot religions to tax them all would lead to some being closed.

Are you sure? Companies and organisations are taxed on their profits (e.g. income less expenses). Does a church have to make a huge profit? Break even or slightly above that seems reasonable to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
im all for taxing the church; the outcome in america would be new religions and new political parties. if america is used and abused by foreign and domestic entities that have not aligned with its core values they need to be treated as they are and taxed when they do business in america just like all other businesses..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No no! By all mean no! You would not have to pay a tax for going to church. the tax would be on the bottom line of what the church makes in a given year. If the church was small, and the members were poor, there would be a tax break, if the church was a millionaire it would be taxed accordingly. The richer you are, the more you pay, I always say. Now it's the other way around, isn't it? All we are saying is these mega churches need to pony up, and need to keep their nose out of Washington DC.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
no breaks; big business works around small business and churches should have learned this by now in their own function. which also brings into mind the sociology associated with/of communes for mental vagrants known as churches more specifically non specific baptist and "christian" churches that preach based on methods used on tv as a means of functioning as a church.i would be all for them having some fire put under them to increase their productivity as a freeloader on good americans.

<< 1  2   >>

join