It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ripples of Dubai killing spread across region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ripples of Dubai killing spread across region

www.cnn.com

Dubai, UAE (CNN) -- A shadowy figure murdered in his Dubai hotel room by a hit squad that the police say operated with European passports. It sounds like the plot of a John Le Carré spy novel, but this is reality and the hunt is on for the killers of top Hamas official Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.

Retracing his footsteps, here's the picture that emerges: al-Mabhouh landed at Dubai International airport on the afternoon of January 19. Then, a short drive to his hotel, the al Bustan Rotana, where just hours later he would be killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hmm....this sounds like a, oh what's the word, oh right CONSPIRACY. So we have a Hamas militant traveling under an alias, killed by a group of "European" tourists, yep sounds like a conspiracy to me. My money is on Mossad, any other wagers? The electrical shocks to his genitals sound personal, if not painful. The previous 3 attempts must have made the hunters angry.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Even his mother expected him to be killed.

I doubt that his killers will be exposed. I assume that they've already ceased to exist (at least on documents.)

It is a conspiracy but I doubt that we'll know the answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

The electrical shocks to his genitals sound personal, if not painful. The previous 3 attempts must have made the hunters angry.

Not necessarily personal. To me it sounds like torture, and torture means the want of something. Information?

Surely an assasin would just shoot him quickly?

Just food for thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It screams Mossad ... but I guess we'll never know.

Sounds like they tried to extract some info before killing him... either that or they were royally pissed off with the fella.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It seems that the group did in fact leave a few clues that could identify them, although it seems those items have not been released. Hamas has obviously vowed to avenge this murder, not surprising, also they are blaming Israel who has neither confirmed nor denied their involvement. I hate to buy into or promote doom, but things really are not looking good in the Middle East, a few well publicized assassinations, the build up of troops in the Gulf, yikes.

Hmm...perhaps I'm late to the party on this topic, as it has been identified that the 4 Israelis carried Irish passports here

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
It screams Mossad ... but I guess we'll never know.

Sounds like they tried to extract some info before killing him... either that or they were royally pissed off with the fella.
They must of got the information and had done with him. you wouldn't kill someone unless you get the wanted information.

Somethings fishy.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Well, I don't know that they would have gotten info from him, could have, who knows. It did say that he was wanted for the kidnapping and murder of two Israeli soldiers, which occurred in around 1989. Which would be the personal aspect I said earlier. Even still 21 yrs later to avenge 2 soldiers, which Israel refused to negotiate a trade for, seems odd.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds like a line of BS, they know what time he got back into his room, but don't know any thing else. They know a lot nmore than what they have mentioned, and I bet they are in on how he died.

Come on, isn't it a little odd, the info they just don't happen to have corresponds to the pertinent info on how he may have been killed, or leading up to his death.

Well, the only thing for sure is it wasn't Hezbollah, nothing was blown up...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Considering this is an ongoing investigation, isn't it likely that they wouldn't tell us everything they know? Not being coy here, I just would expect they keep certain clues to themselves; I don't know that it's just a TV or Hollywood thing, but they even put out false information sometimes.

I don't think we are going to see this sorted out any time soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Sounds like a line of BS, they know what time he got back into his room, but don't know any thing else. They know a lot nmore than what they have mentioned, and I bet they are in on how he died.

Come on, isn't it a little odd, the info they just don't happen to have corresponds to the pertinent info on how he may have been killed, or leading up to his death.

Well, the only thing for sure is it wasn't Hezbollah, nothing was blown up...

I agree with you, How did they know the killers had Irish passports and know it was 7 people involved and are using interpol to extradite the people. The reason I say this is that unless you are in on it or was tipped off on these individuals, it would be impossible to know who comes and go's in a hotel and knowing that they had certain passports. There is more to this story, also the big reason why targeted assassinations can be dangerous is that some other country could use it on our people.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When Mugniyah was assassinated in 2008 everyone was certain it was a Mossad vendetta. He'd risen in the ranks o Hezbollah and had a long history of terrorism planning and attacks on Israel.

The picture became complicated as it was learned he'd actually tipped off Syria to an attempted coup plan. Syrian forces and a rival group are now considered the likeliest suspects.

There may be much more to this and it may trace back to Iran.

new topics

top topics

join