It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 666 idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just to begin with I would ask that people watch this video with an open mind

I hope I still have your attention, now I am not a religious zealot and must admit I am still very confused about religion, I understand the basic teachings, yet still have my own questions I need to find answers to.

I do believe in Revelations for some strange reason and want to put foreward an alternative idea about the mark of the beast.

For a long time I have been looking at how the mark may be put in place and have heard many theories about verichips, secretly injected nano chips in our vaccines as well as bar codes tattoos on our heads or hands.

The problem with each of these methods are thaey are not really a free will type of thing, these would be forced upon the popultion and that in itself goes against people willingly taking the mark.

now remembering what was in the video about the Maitreya adding up to 666.

Lets just let our imaginations run wild and say that the Maitreya arrives on the scene during a time of war and conflict, he unites all religions into one and makes sense and gets people to stop shooting long enough to listen, he would be seen as the great teacher and the bringer of peace.

Now unfortunately we as humans can easily get swept away with emotion and will tend to follow a trend very easily, (the mob mentality)
The Maitreya is different from you or I, he has a symbol on his forhead and another on his hand.
What do people do when they worship something?
they try to copy it, now we have people randomly getting a similar mark as the Maitreya as a sign of belief and loyalty to his teaching, the more people who get the mark creates a type of hysteria which encourages others to take the mark, before you know it ,mothers, fathers, children and grandparents have willingly taken a mark.

does anyone know what happens when you stand out and look different from the rest of society? you become the odd one out from the herd.
without first realizing it, people will just make small talk and question why you havn't taken your mark yet, they will start to question your belief system and then question why you don't belive in the Maitreya.

before long, people will shun you and would probably go as far as not selling anything to you at the market or buying your goods.

you are a non believer while those around you have accepted a far better world, you will be accused of holding onto the old ideas which caused war and conflict to begin with, you will be hunted down in the end.

This can happen on all continents all over the globe, we already see that people are willing to go to war over religion.

If you think this sounds a little far fetched, go to a football game and dress in your team colors and sit in the oppositions cheer squad.
say to someone you don't believe in global warming.

It is very hard to be a complete individual

Truth is that no one really knows the answers, all I know is that humans can be very forgiving and generous one minute and the next they can be cruel and selfish the next, we hate being the outsider and for that we are willing to just go with the flow, I am not so much talking about this community because we are hear because we want answers, I am talking about the people who go through life without much of a thought about anything and just do what the next fashion trend tells them to do.
They are the dangerous ones, because without questions, they will never really find any answers.
These are the people who get swept up with the emotion of the moment, these are the dangerous ones who will hunt you down or shun you from society if you don't accept the Maitreya

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts munkey - but I believe the only prophesies that come true are the self fulfilling ones.

IRM

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Maitreya, as i understand is an open term, coined in southeast asian budhist communities, as the one who will relinquish the world (rough transcription) and correctly pointed out, is closely represented by the Arbamic religions Messiah.

Not to try and be biased (I am islamic) but the closest thing, or person to create a unity of religion was the Prophet Muhhamed. He coined the faith as intsructed with himself hoping that it would fray the bastardisation of Christianity and Judiasm, herein uniting what i refer to as the real holy trinity. Clearly, it did not work. but half the world are muslim. The same could be said about Jesus, though the bible has been allegedly tampered with.

However, the Maitreya bearing the number of the beast is a new concept to me, and i would like to know where this surfaced.. and whether this is an idol to worship, or the second coming of the messiah, or whether it has anything to do with the scripture, or merely adopted.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Great information. This storm is heading right for us, better find the anchor that will hold. I believe that anyone not grounded in scripture will surely be decieved. Once you take the mark you'll be set for eternity.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kajajuam
Not to try and be biased (I am islamic) but the closest thing, or person to create a unity of religion was the Prophet Muhhamed. He coined the faith as intsructed with himself hoping that it would fray the bastardisation of Christianity and Judiasm, herein uniting what i refer to as the real holy trinity. Clearly, it did not work. but half the world are muslim. The same could be said about Jesus, though the bible has been allegedly tampered with.

I have to disagree. Mohammed succeeded in creating a bloody and violent religion that many believe will be used in the endtimes. Revelations hints of beheadings of the saints. I would have to say that islam is pretty notorious for beheading nonblievers.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a similar suspicion I have about the mark is that a situation arises where fundamentalist Christianity comes to be viewed as a threat by a notable percentage of the population, much like many currently view fundamentalist Islam. Unlike Islam though, Christianity does not have Taqqiya as a concept, instead viewing giving false witness as a sin.

As a result a page is taken from the Japanese from back during their purge of Christianity. The mark of the beast is offered to suspected fundamentalists on pain of unpleasantries. After awhile it goes to a limited means of sniffing out fundamentalists to a general requirement.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Theres no need to guess or assume this topic any more, as it has already been solved. The willingness to study history, and the ability to wipe your mind clear of the end-time nut-case lunatics brain-washing, is the formula for cracking this one. How many times does the bible make referance to these events occuring SOON, and IN THIS GENERATION? (generation of when it was written). Its OLD NEWS, it HAPPENED already! It was Nero Caesar. Why was there a discrepancy of the number being 616 or 666 at one time? Simple, the Latin title of his name is 616, in Greek its 666. It ultimately was decided to be 666, ie: six hundred three score and six. It all finally makes sense when you study about Nero Caesar. Unfortunantly lots of folks find it more productive to just name everyone they see on TV or in the news as the great bogeyman and live their live in fear over a silly superstition.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just a comment on one aspect of the OP.

The mark is supposed to be free will, but it's the same level of free will as choosing to use US dollars to buy your food. That's what I've read and been taught anyway.

To be able to buy and sell goods, work for a company, live within the typical commerce system will require the mark. You can choose not to, but you'll have to find other methods to sustain.

I could be wrong.

BTW - I'm going to read about Nero Caesar.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
the true evil is the roulette wheel...anyone ever notice that the numbers on the wheel add up to....you guessed it...666!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilw85

Originally posted by Kajajuam

I have to disagree. Mohammed succeeded in creating a bloody and violent religion that many believe will be used in the endtimes. Revelations hints of beheadings of the saints. I would have to say that islam is pretty notorious for beheading nonblievers.

I contest the point that Muhammed "created" the religion as it is today, it was when he died that it became more zealous, especially with the contention of Sunni and Shi'ai. I don't deny that Islam condines killing in the name of god, and to what extent is almost always misconstrued, such as the apparent Jihad (which it is not) that is around today, but I was merely exemplifying the fact that through his text, which has NEVER been tampered with he had created the closest thing to unity in the religions. I further said that this is not the case.

Fair point though.
Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

This is really scary, what if we have this person appear sooner then we think?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Those "prophecies" are so vague to begin with then you start mixing and matching religions to fit your theory it seems like BS to me. the Anti-christ and Maitreya are two different things. Maitreya would be a new buddah figgure and the anti-christ is well, according to ATS is every US president there has been or will be.

Who the anti-christ really is or will be i do not know and will not care. But both the anti-christ and the Maitreya predictions are somewhat flawed.

For the anti-christ thing to come true everyone has to fall for it., even the christians. So fo their prediction to come true they have to believe that man X is the anti-christ and believe in him for the real christ to come around. For that too work you would need two anti-chirsts, one to come so everyone can say hey look he is the anti-christ and then a nother anti-christ would have to show up for people to say hey look that was the anti-christ now this is the real christ then everyone thinking that the 2nd anti-christ is the real christ then the real christ could show up.

Now the Maitreya prediction requires all buddhist to no longer be tought buddhisim. So buddhisim has to fade away for this one to come true which will be a long time considering we currently have the 14th incarnation of the original Dalai Lama.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
you know...

There's another scripture from the Prophet Ezekiel that talks about the last days I've always found interesting when comparing it to the 'Mark' Revelations talks about...

I'd like to introduce you to the book of Ezekiel, Chapter 9

It's a relatively small chapter, and will only take about 5 minutes at most to read... why not read it now?

If you'll notice, God has called forth from the Heavens 6 "men" (an interesting thought, "men" arriving from Heaven...), 1 who is dressed in fine linen and who possesses a writer's kit, and 5 others, each with an instrument of destruction in their hands (typically understood as a sword).

God then gives a command to the one with the writer's kit to go throughout Jerusalem (as His spiritual 'house' is known as) and place a mark upon the foreheads of those who are 'sighing and groaning over the detestable things going on', and the man takes his leave. God then turns to the 5 who are holding a sword and commands them to 'Go throughout Jerusalem and kill, without mercy, any and all who do not possess the mark. Spare no one, from Man and Woman, to child', and then the 5 leave. Then the one with the writer's kit returns and reports back to God that what He commanded had been done.

So...

Which mark are we supposed to look for? the mark as described in Ezekiel isn't revealed, unlike the one in Revelations.

Could there be a conflict of information here?

Or really... do you folks REALLY believe it will be a physical mark? True, the 'men' that came from Heaven's North Gate will have to have the ability to see it, right?

One must remember the words Jesus spoke about similar things. but ultimately, it is for God to know, and those chosen by Him alone to understand and actually 'see'.

I can wholeheartedly say that there will not be any physical mark initiated, but however there will be a mark all the same, and it will be given to those by the Scribe... Metatron, the Prince of Angels.

Only those the Metatron empowers will understand the mark, and see it for what it truly is. In like, those receiving said mark will inevitably be able to see it too - for they are true brethren, under the hand of God.

If you are truly under the Hand of God, this post becomes a moot point. I just thought I'd let some folks understand the reality of it all - hopefully this perspective will find a way to breech the barrier and educate some who have no clue.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Also in English Gematria the calculation of MAITREYAS shows 666,

landmarkbiblebaptist.net...

Entering "New York" on above link gives 666
The abbreviation of "New York" = N.Y. = 234
Subtract the abbreviation N.Y. from New York, which gives 666 - 234 = 432

666 = SUM (1..36)

Radius sun = 432 x 1000 miles
432 and its mirror 234 is 666.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I have heard that theory time and time again and to be honest, it just doesn't do it for me.
I still believe the mark will be global and not local, to me it is meant to be the ultimate test of faith in the times in which we live or even a time in the distant future.

If your theory is correct, by logic you would have to assume the rest of the bible is also correct, you cannot just cherry pick bible stories and chose which you believe to be right or wrong

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Interesting point darksparck do you have any more info on the metatron its always been a topic that intrigued me but hard to find information.

top topics

join