It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"el diablo" Hand Sign- Superbowl Commercial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
These hand sign threads are always entertaining to me. I went to college with a dude who thought that the A-OK sign was '666' and the international sign of rock (the horns) was the evil eye sign of the illuminati and devil worshippers. I always made a major point to throw up both signs frequently in class around him and used to sing the opening lines to The Ramones' "Pinhead" under my breath when he was within earshot... all intended to freak him completely out and make him very uncomfortable, and it worked perfectly.

Nothing more satisfying than playing with the head of someone who's clearly paranoid.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Generally that hand signal means "rock on" or "metal" (as in a reference to heavy-metal music) within the younger culture of the western world. What it basically comes down to is a visual way to say "cool". Any satanic value, if there ever was any, isn't really present in today's culture for that symbol.

The preview spot aired again last night but here is my two part question; if this means rock on or metal then according to your analysis wouldn't that be targeting the younger generation and how many of today's youth stay at home on a Friday night to watch TV?

I believe you are too quick to dismiss that satanic worship/value is not really present in today's culture.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It is not totally hogwash......

Black mass on the church of satan:

Besides "Rock On" it means "The horned one"
It came into music by Black Metal which have obviously satanic themes (yet not in a sinister way in my opinion)

Does bush like Metal?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'd say he even LOVES metal

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Well, he IS from Texas, and one of his daughters did go to the University of Texas, whose mascot is the Texas Longhorn, and whose handsign "hook 'em horns" is that gesture...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Okay... What about the clintons?

You can find a picture like that of so many people in power.....
I can give you a list that runs all day long.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Real Satanist --> wouldn't do it in a million years.

I got to disagree on this point...Real Satanists tend to be quite ironic, and do this gesture in that style, kinda "with quotes around it", as it were...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join