It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a cleansing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's not hard to find corruption in a person's heart in today's society. I'm not perfect by no means and don't expect anyone to be. However, there is a difference between making mistakes and making a daily habit of bad actions. Today, I don't even need to leave my house without seeing the corruption that have come into our hearts. Don't even need to turn on the tube, read the newspaper, or browse the internet since my wife will tell me what she found out. Just like the other day, she told me how a baby was kidnapped, killed, and stuffed with drugs. The guy was holding the baby as his own, trying to cross the border, before the mother noticed her baby in his hands.

Every day I hear or read something that I would only see in movies. For example:

Woman Charged With Killing Son at Luxury NYC Hotel

Calif. Teen Suspected of Trying to Kill Ice Cream Woman

Alabama Student Dies After Being Shot at School

2 Street Preachers Shot to Death in Florida

Those are just a few headlines on one site. Committing cold blooded murder, in my opinion, is the worst thing you can do. However, this is just one of the problems we have to face daily. Here are some others:

Rape claims against couple

2nd man charged in Amber Alert-linked rape

East Wenatchee man charged with first-degree child molestation

San Carlos Man Found Guilty Of Child Molestation

It's hard for me to even post these links. The sad fact is that these headlines don't even come close to what's really happening. I live near Dallas, Texas and here is the 2009 crime rate statistics:

DALLAS 2009:
Population: 1,276,214
Violent crime: 4,893
Murder: 87
Forcible rape: 225
Robbery: 2,512
Aggravated assault: 2,069
Property crime: 33,681
Burglary: 9,073
Larceny-theft: 19,544
Motor vehicle theft: 5,064
Arson: 379

Total crimes filed: 77,527

You can find your state-city statistics here:
www.fbi.gov...

Sad, but true.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

ANd gilded age mythology strikes again!

I think with a little research, you'll find that the per-capita crime rate today isn't terribly different from the per-capita crime rate of thirty, fifty, a hundred years ago.

The difference is a larger population meaning more overall incidents, and a "sex sells" media that is going to look for any crime to hammer into your face to make you worry and buy more papers, watch more news, and check more websites

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
While I agree about the per capita statements in general, I do think the figures for violent crimes must be on the rise. Here in Australia daily reports are mind boggling compared to even two years ago.

Perhaps it may be a case of more things being reported in our version of "not the news", since we do not get much in the way of real news from around the globe today.

There just seems to be a whole lot more murders, rapes, stabbings and freaky things adults are doing to their little ones. I honestly feel that it is, as I predicted about 20 years ago, coming to a climax that may well cause an unstoppable downward spiral in mayhem.

I blame most of this on the removal of parenting rights which began here in the early 1980's, the establishment of forced children's rights where they are informed of their legal rights against parents, the increase in violence and sex in all the media that now portrays everything possible to anyone who wants it no matter their ages, and, lastly I blame it on us, we who did not stand up and say "Enough of this garbage".

So in that timeframe there have been two generations brought up with the ever more lax parenting skills and legal processes designed by the bleeding hearts to protect the small number who were being abused. That first generation became very much "Me-Me" orientated and had no real understanding of what direction they were going. They then had children of their own and given they had no idea of what to do, they simply followed suit as they were far too busy chasing the "almighty Dollar" to supply the "must-have" Lifestyle portrayed in the Media.

Of course they also allowed their kids to have everything on demand, as is apt for this younger generation's percption of "Instant Gratification", and they have become very desensitized to violence through their game playing, through what I call American Street Culture as portrayed in Gansta Rap, much of the Hip Hop and other music styles that indoctrinate girls to be good for pleasuring boys and for boys to be like soldiers warring for any reason.

Since not enough parents stood up for change we now find ourselves observing this Cancer in Society and have no idea how to deal with it. In my mind it is far too late to divert it from its natural course into self destruction.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The planet is a zoo

A forgotten zoo, imo

Or, maybe it's a laboratory for failed experiments conducted by cosmic mental patients

On the other hand, maybe it's simply a cosmic insane asylum

Would you take your children to see this human-zoo ?

Imagine the nightmares and mental trauma they'd suffer if you did

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well the last time they "cleansed" the planet the did it with a flood. They say this time it will be with fire. Maybe that is what 2012 is about. They have given up that we will ever get over the wars and fighting. So they will sanitize the zoo and try again.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Flood cleansed the planet last time ?

Well, THAT failed, didn't it ?

And I believe it's safe to say Fire would be no more successful

Things would continue as before, albeit with less people

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Things are probably worse than a few years ago in most places because the economy is tanking. Hard times always come with an uptick in crime.

I think it can be said that Manhattan and Brooklyn are much safer places than they were in, say, 1970 or 1980, however. I think most of London is safer than it was in the 70s. So your milage may vary. But if things continue to stay ugly, look for across-the-board upticks in crime just about everywhere.

top topics

join