It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The teleprompter seems a bit classier than this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, being an avid follower of the American political landscape for some years now I must say that I have seen my fair share of clumsyness and of politicians losing all their credibility with just one action... But sometimes you see things or notice things that just blow your mind away because they seem to tell us more about how US politics works and what it's all about than a thousand words out of a politicians mouth ever could.

Well, don't take this as trolling, as I don't know if this video really says much about Palin. Rather it seems to say something about what a sorry ass clown show US politics has become - to the point were the actual show (the substitute for the real thing) is just further distraction and doesn't even matter.

I'd say, some years ago or in other places of the earth you'd be finished as a politcian after this one...

But anyways.. There's not much to say about the link-.-- Don't take is as a put down, take it as something that will give you a good laugh - they aren't ashamed of showing us their stupidity these days.

At least a teleprompter, correctly used, can make a professional impression...

Unlike this one:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

it seems to say something about what a sorry ass clown show US politics has become - to the point were the actual show (the substitute for the real thing) is just further distraction and doesn't even matter.

I'd say, some years ago or in other places of the earth you'd be finished as a politcian after this one...

Hey thanks for the video.

You are right to be concerned, some ATS members seem to be rabid Sarah Palin followers, no matter what lies or BS she talks. She seems to just be another Neocon, to me. Especially with her puppet masters throwing her into the "Teabagger Parties", to speak like it was all her idea. Neocons infiltrating everything.
(Don't worry, most of our "Demoncrats" are Neocons, too)

Seems Sarah Palin didn't have too many talking-point notes written into her palm... So of course, I have to think they scripted her answers together behind the scenes, in preparation for the "sorry ass clown show" that we all get to witness.

She will always be a Neocon, and I hope that it is always known that the "teabaggers", even if they started with honestly good intentions, have been infiltrated by the same people that run this two-party paradigm that we call "Politics".

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Thanks for replying - it is indeed a bit scary. Now have you wondered what it was that she was reading from her hand?

Of course the folks on democraticunderground are having a field day about this.. But the link to their site is interesting because they have a high-res poto of her hand, and they are speculating about what is written there, some of it has already been identified:

www.democraticunderground.com...

I link to DU b/c it is the only place I found a high-res photo of what I am pointing out in this op. Feel free to post other, "neutral" links if you find the same picture somewhere less biased.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
To me, it looks like:

Energy (first line)

budget cuts ("budget" being crossed out and "tax" inserted below) (second)

lift American ... (spirits mabye? something like that?) (third line) def. reads lift american something to me...

Now, I don't know if this is b/c I never took Palin seriously, but this looks like a scripted answer to a very simple question - assuming Palin is who she says she is it does strike me as odd that she would have to write down her CORE BELIEFS on her palm - the way she acts one would suppose that she knows that stuff by heart since she really really believes in all that.

Just seems strange to me. That's like if Ron Paul would have written "liberty, freedom" etc. on his palm. It just seems odd when you need cliff notes on your core political beliefs.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah it says: Energy, Budget, Tax, Lift American Spirits.
if the high-res photo is legit then that is obviously what is written on her hand.
interestingly the Budget part is crossed out yet she mentioned it anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

It seems to me that " tax cuts " sounds more encouraging to the average american worker than "budget cuts " since the former implies more for the worker while the latter simply implies less spent by the government.

The video I posted does not show what she says after reading from the hand. It would be interesting to know which version she used.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I can't find a video of the full conversation. The one on youtube was posted by someone with an agenda to discredit Palin and it is unfortunate that by doing so they didn't see it fit to post the rest of what she said.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Couldn't agree more. It would be more interesting to see how she went on than to read the self-congratulatory " I caught her " thing...

If you ever find the full video, make sure to post it.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin
Now, I don't know if this is b/c I never took Palin seriously, but this looks like a scripted answer to a very simple question - assuming Palin is who she says she is it does strike me as odd that she would have to write down her CORE BELIEFS on her palm - the way she acts one would suppose that she knows that stuff by heart since she really really believes in all that.

Just seems strange to me. That's like if Ron Paul would have written "liberty, freedom" etc. on his palm. It just seems odd when you need cliff notes on your core political beliefs.

He wasn't asking about her core political beliefs. He was asking her "Once in office, what do you think are the top three things that have got to be done?" Far cry from her core political beliefs.

Have you ever had to speak in front of tens or hundreds of people? No matter how experienced you are or how much you know your topic, you are still nervous and you still run the risk of totally forgetting what you're talking about. I've only done that once (forgetting what I'm saying), and to be sure, it's HORRIBLE and will never happen again because I always carry note cards (electronics have a way of messing you up too).

I hate defending politicians I don't like, but both sides have gotten so out of control with this it's embarrassing. Don't contribute to it.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Have you ever had to speak in front of tens or hundreds of people? No matter how experienced you are or how much you know your topic, you are still nervous and you still run the risk of totally forgetting what you're talking about. I've only done that once (forgetting what I'm saying), and to be sure, it's HORRIBLE and will never happen again because I always carry note cards (electronics have a way of messing you up too).

You do realize that she used the same event to mock Obama for using a teleprompter, right? I think the point is, if you are going to mock a guy for reading off of a teleprompter, try not to out - unclass him.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It seems to me that a reasonable answer to the question " what to do when we regain control " would be stating one's true political principles - how is tax-cuts, lifting the american spirit not representative of her core political agenda?

And as I made clear at the top what I am questioning most is why would ANY politician choose this particular form of notes and then use them so obviously... If she has higher ambitions she should have known that this kind of image should have been avoided since it seems to reinforce parts of the criticisms she has so far received.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Pallin, however, a few notes on your hand and speaking your mind, seem more real than a script read in it's entirety from a teleprompter. Just saying.....not using technology doesn't make you stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
You do realize that she used the same event to mock Obama for using a teleprompter, right? I think the point is, if you are going to mock a guy for reading off of a teleprompter, try not to out - unclass him.

Yeah? So what? She was wrong too. It's all stupid. The only reason these stories get any play, at all, is because people like you and OP and others chit chat, snicker, whatever, about it. What's the point, except to focus your attention on things THAT DON'T MATTER.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The only reason these stories get any play, at all, is because people like you and OP and others chit chat, snicker, whatever, about it. What's the point, except to focus your attention on things THAT DON'T MATTER.

Actually, I can see how this "chit chat" about nothing, can matter.

Some of us are able to see the inconsistencies and lies coming from the two-party system, while others seem hopelessly trapped into it.

My hope is that by pointing out these inconsistencies and obvious political clown shows, maybe the people who are trapped can start to see the lies as well... And perhaps even free themselves from the two-party-paradigm trap (that so many people in this country have fallen victim to. For proof, look at the state this country is in and how divided we all are. Their BS is working).

Sorry, I know that I need not explain this, to you of all people.... But sometimes I wonder what it takes to help people to *get it*.
Saying this stuff doesn't matter, or isn't important, just doesn't seem as effective as discrediting it completely so even the loyal followers can get a glimpse at what is going on.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well the question of whether or not someone who has aspirations for higher office can answer a simple question without making a fool of herself can have quite some significance. It just seems odd to me that a person who has been very careful crafting her image gives the opposition such a free ride.

This is the US political madness forum after all, a politician self-sabotaging herself in public seems pretty mad to me (and pretty political).

I'll consult with you first before ever posting anything again, m'kay?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin

It seems to me that a reasonable answer to the question " what to do when we regain control " would be stating one's true political principles - how is tax-cuts, lifting the american spirit not her representative of her core political agenda?

And as I made clear at the top what I am questioning most is why would ANY politician choose this particular form of notes and then use them so obviously... If she has higher ambitions she should have known that this kind of image should have been avoided since it seems to reinforce parts of the criticisms she has so far received.

So you're saying she doesn't know what to say without her notes, even in a non-nervous (sry, can't think of a word) situation? That basically, she doesn't know why she wants to be in office and she's just saying what "they" told her to say? You really, in your heart of hearts, believe that? Lol, I can't say that about any politician.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah? So what? She was wrong too. It's all stupid. The only reason these stories get any play, at all, is because people like you and OP and others chit chat, snicker, whatever, about it. What's the point, except to focus your attention on things THAT DON'T MATTER.

Please explain to me how your posts in THIS thread do any more good than mine? Please explain why they are better? Are you honestly posting in this thread about how bad it is that I am posting in this thread? That is what your defense of her boils down to? How about you just do not even try. I did not need a response from you anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm saying that it is a pretty bad move by her and that it's unusual because she or "her handlers" or what you want to call them have been very careful in avoiding to give such images to the opposition before.

And I think I can stand behind my feeling that part of holding public office is about being able to articulate one's ideas to one's constituency.

It's just a funny image, somehow symbolic of the state of US politics. But apparently that's just me.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Please explain to me how your posts in THIS thread do any more good than mine? Please explain why they are better? Are you honestly posting in this thread about how bad it is that I am posting in this thread? That is what your defense of her boils down to? How about you just do not even try. I did not need a response from you anyway.

I have a feeling this will continue no matter what. I'm just trying to point out that this partisan, bickering stupidness (my new word) is just that... stupid. If either side would just quit acknowledging the other's stupidness, then both sides would be tremendously less stupid. As it stands, it doesn't appear that this will ever happen and our contributions only further it.

I didn't mean to offend you and I can see how what I said could offend you and OP. For that I apologize. I'm just so fed up with this crap. I really shouldn't click on any threads in this forum... because I ALWAYS have something I've just got to say!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Sorry, I know that I need not explain this, to you of all people.... But sometimes I wonder what it takes to help people to *get it*.
Saying this stuff doesn't matter, or isn't important, just doesn't seem as effective as discrediting it completely so even the loyal followers can get a glimpse at what is going on.

I think people DO "get it", or at least are getting it. I also think that this is one of the reasons why Congress (both sides) have such low ratings. I do not attribute the state of the economy to 100% of this. People are seeing that politicians, in general, are acting only to further themselves and I do believe that the man on the street is beginning to see the idiocy of it all (notice I didn't use my new favorite word, stupid?). It's obvious that "normal" people are exploring alternatives to the two party system - look at the original tea parties (before the GOP got involved). To be honest, I'd prefer a "no-party" system but with our current laws, that's a no-go.

In my personal life, if someone picks on me for something that doesn't matter, I don't acknowledge them and guess what? They usually go away. Sometimes, people are just looking for a fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join