It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timelapse U.S. map on economic recovery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
I wasn't able to find a job at all back in 2008 when I still lived in Florida.
[edit on 2/6/2010 by octotom]

Not much has changed since you left btw.

:-\

Well, one good thing though...wont be long until the map goes back to a pretty normal color...many people will no longer qualify for unemployment anymore and therefore stop registering for nothing...then voila, no longer counted.

Actually, I wonder if thats actually a good thing...a false sense of employment spike might...create a real employment spike

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. It simply visually illustrates what we've all been feeling and witnessing for a while now.

I live in a mid-west state and my mother works in a state office taking unemployment claims over the phone all day, she keeps telling me since recently that there are more calls than ever now, people are being laid off everywhere in our state. One morning last week for example, they had over 300 calls in queue before they normally start taking the calls at 8am. I get to listen to stories about people's lives literally falling apart around them and turning to the only last option they have -- unemployment benefits -- every day. My mom seems really affected by her days at work sometimes.

The mid-west states might be better off than the others for now, but it's overwhelmingly obvious it won't stay that way.

Sad.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kazera

That's sad to hear K.
I tried to start this thread below to help out people who are just getting overworked and stressed, didn't take to well. I think I kept gettin bumped off the page with "why do I keep seeing these #'s"
oh well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this may help her a little.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The economy will NEVER recover, and it's not suppose to.

The New World Order will issue the new monetary form of currency in a very short time. They need a false flag first to further undermine the economies.

You will then be microchipped if you want to be part of the New World, and that's just the beginning of the end.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm really just thankful that I have two seemingly "secure" jobs.
Well, one is not so secure, as I work for an engineering firm. Engineering firms' success is directly tied to the economy. But actually, the stimulus package has actually helped us out lately (it has funded a lot of infrastructure repair jobs and we have been able to win the bids on a few large jobs).

Even at that, though things are quickly slowing down... and I mean way down. Last week I worked about 20 hours, I think.

Thank goodness for that second job.

It is still going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid. But I have seen a pretty large increase in new home construction over the last few months. And rumor has it that a certain subdivision is about to start developing another phase of their expansion. (lord I hope so)

In the worst case scenario, the big-wigs at our company have stated that the company is in a position that they can continue to pay everyone on staff for two or three more years if there is NO MORE work to be done begining tomorrow.
They are prepared to weather the storm.

All we need is just a little more boost and things will pick back up. I am cautiously optimistic about the next year.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

In the worst case scenario, the big-wigs at our company have stated that the company is in a position that they can continue to pay everyone on staff for two or three more years if there is NO MORE work to be done begining tomorrow.
They are prepared to weather the storm.

You sound like a bright guy, I hope you don't believe that your Co. would keep anyone employed for months let alone 2-3 yrs. if there's no jobs/income.

Not to doom & gloom you but something is fishy with that. Watch your arse.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
quote-Had this been a graphic showing the rate at which unemployment was declining/increasing we would already see the positive results.
but isn't this exactly what it shows, that the unemployment rate is increasing.meaning more people out of work.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Exactly. He sounds a little naive. Of course the big whigs are going to say that. Just like our government telling us that everything is ok. LOL.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo
quote-Had this been a graphic showing the rate at which unemployment was declining/increasing we would already see the positive results.
but isn't this exactly what it shows, that the unemployment rate is increasing.meaning more people out of work.

Yes, it was sarcasm.
Thought ATS would get it.
Guess I was wrong again.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oh, no doubt.
I wouldn't be fired, but there just wouldn't be any work for me to do and I would be sent home.

Sucks in the short term, but the job will still be there for a few more years.

Like I said, I only worked like 20 hours last week.

The point I was trying to make is that the company is in a position to stick around for quite a while yet.
Plus, they were just paid like 10 mil on a waterline project. So things are still around, thanks to that stimulus, but they are slowing down.

New home construction is actually up though. At least in my area.
Of course, my area was one of the very last on that map to turn from yellow to red and never went lower.

Edit to add - And actually, back when all of this started going down, they DID downsize. They cut my department in half. Literally.
And they seem to be trying to keep the few of us remaining on board.

Heck, they have kept us in work quite a few times by simply FINDING stuff for us to do.
Stuff completely unrelated to our job description, but hey, it's a check.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I am not naive.
"lol"

Thanks for that, though.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I take it your not on salary. I just fired up when the co. I work for makes record profit last year, small biz over $3 mil in sales as the employees hrly. or salary see no cola or any type of raise and more work load.

Anyway, good luck man.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Nope, unfortunately I still need about two more years before I can become liscensed and begin working a salary position.

I really hope they can keep me in work that long.

Good luck to you as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hardly accurate if you were to believe this map then almost EVERY single county in the entire US went under in the the course of like 3 months.

That map is exactly the same as a third world country with NO GNP, a country not unlike Haiti's. The USA is hardly at THAT type a breaking point. This is BS.

More hyperbole.......nothing to see here.

Always nice to have someone tossing more alcohol on the guy rolling around on the ground on fire while telling him hes trying to help and for godssake to remain still!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
So is this is why, all the "BigWigs" are meeting? Things must not be going as planned for TPTB. :-( Damn peasants aren't spending.

2-5-2010

Global financial leaders gathered in a frigid Canadian town Friday to confront more market turmoil which served as an unsettling reminder that they still face major hurdles repairing a broken global economy.

Our saviors are there. All is well folks.

Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke were attending the two days of meetings with their G-7 counterparts. The G-7 countries are the United States, Japan, Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Canada.

www.realclearworld.com...

Secret meeting down under:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: to add our saviors

[edit on 6-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

I've seen that unemployment map online last fall, and it was scary. It had a dip slightly and then increased quickly to the point that all high population areas are purple. We aren't in a recovery we are so far from a recovery that they are just telling us stories and economic pundits are agreeing because the PTB have told the ministry of information and news to say happy thoughts. As one example of many, Rick Santelli said on 1/14/10 "Rumors that the FED is secretly buying U.S. debt anonymously", which is true but the media has been trying to keep it quiet. I will post a link to it on Youtube, because this isn't on CNBC.com website archive for him and this isn't the first time this was done. You have to wonder why they would archive everything else but not this one or the other one. It's as I said, they are trying to hide the fact that the US is monetizing it's debt by using Treasuries to buy junk (which isn't worth anything and won't be worth anything anytime this decade), so in turn it makes the Treasuries out as being junk. It's like the snake eating it's tail because it's hungry.

And I didn't hear about this meeting taking place from the G7 in Canada. The only reason the market went positive Friday was because the Plunge Protection Team had to stop the momentum and by them going to this meeting this weekend, makes me think that something is in the works for the Sunday night/Monday morning opening of the European and American markets. The PIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain (actually there's another I one but I don't remember)) are about to go under with their bonds (as you saw on Monday when Portugal failed to sell 500 million dollars of bonds and only sold 300 million). Many European banks in the west are leveraged on the bonds they bought from those countries, so when you hear them say it's just a small country people don't understand that somebody or organizations had to put up the money in order for those bonds to be bought. They could do what the Americans are doing (buying their own debt), but since their currency isn't a reserve currency that everybody haves then hyperinflation will be noticed alot quickly and since some of those countries are on the Euro they have no control over currency manipulation. And I don't know if any of you remember but 2 weeks ago the rating agencies in the S & P posted caution on the whole banking system of the United Kingdom.

You see much of the planet can't get away with doing what we are doing on the sly, because there currency isnt' a reserve currency. We are just delaying the inevitable, and that is we are going to take our fiscal medicine in this country and it's going to taste bitter and it's going to be nasty all the way down.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The economies of the world are about to experience a major 'shake up' with their currencies thus collapsing societies themselves and their associated governments. Mass chaos is just around the corner though there is a window on the other side. Through the window one may witness the Spring of A new Creation.

Alex Jones (infowars.com) makes some very insightful points in the video below. He is the most 'informed' as to what is 'really' going on in the world that I have found on the internet. It would be a 'Great' idea to archive his video/data collection on a computer storage medium for future reference for there is a strong possiblility that the internet will be increasing censored, and at times, will be shut down entirely for 'command' and 'control' agendas. You need neither.

You Will need this information (Infowar video/data) in the near future. If you find yourself looking for answers or solutions for the pending worldwide depression, this site is most likely to have the answers/solutions to your questions. I contribute to this site as well and know Alex to be a well meaning Individual who is a true Partiot for the ideals of which made America the beacon of hope for the advancement of humanity itself. Unfortunately, the money powers have corrupted the path/purpose of the Republic.

Alex and his staff appear to have had limited exposure/knowledge in the area of finance/investments though are increasing their understanding of these areas as the scandels continue to surface. I have to salute Alex for his superb and Courageous effort to Awake the people to the truth, as he Discovers it.

Breaking the Matrix, and the Supa'bowl

FYI:
Taxpayer TARP funds were (is) used to illegally support the stock market recently as well as to Deceive those into investing (alt; losing) the 'rest' of their funds into the next economic and 'mental' Depression. The TARP funds are being used to support the Dow Industrial Average by purchasing shares of these indices/hence supporting the DOW industrial average to a floating average of DOW 10,000.

If and when the 'people' demand that the Federal Reserve (click here?) be audited, the system will be 'understood' for what It is; an inflationary fiat monetary system of 'slavery' Designed to perpetually indebt a populace for 'Command' and 'Control' purposes.

Do You plan to remain as a debt serf?
Whether one acknowledges/realizes this existence or not, it is the Truth.
May the Truth shine Light and vanquish One of the shadows of Conformity; in turn, propel mankind from an existence of mediocrity to a heightened level Consciousness/Awareness.

P.S
In short order?, friends and family will once again be reminded of their purpose unto one another during and after the calamity.

It would be a good idea for communities to plan for continuation of governments (COG) during the extreme times ahead.
Reviewing the current Federal COG guidelines should give one an idea of what the Federal govt. has planned for the 'people'.

Click here for vital blueprint of Federal COG 'contingency' plans. This could be classified as 'Need to know'.

Horace, via divine intervention, often spoke of timeless truths. These truths apply to this day though have been censored from the public Consciousness for means of command and 'control' enforced by endless means of dividing and conquering the scattered masses. This was achieved in large part through the confiscation of man's accumulated knowledge-base/data-base of which were once stored at the
Royal Library of Alexandria and was subsequently destroyed for 'Command' and 'Control' reasons.

Time and again, the ideals of the 'Enlightenment' resurface to remind mankind/g? of his inherent, natural and divine Right to 'collectively' discover Reason via divine and intellectual Sapience.

To have faith in oneself, stands against the agenda of those whom wish to control you and lead you unto destruction; though one has always had a Choice as to the path they choose to lead.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
For all they hype of going into debts, non-payment of it, and with it hyperinflation, do consider one thing - money dont just disappear into thin air, it only went into hiding.

The PIGS borrowed heavily, and the money certainly went into someone else's pocket, legally and illegally. It's all there. Someone's loss is someone else's gain.

The citizens of PIGS had voted in a scally wag of incompetent representatives, now the citizens have to pay the price. It's only money and it can always be earned back, one way or another through honest means and greater future prudence.

Secondly, the rich who palmed off the cream of the loans in projects or greasing the wheels of commerce will have to be taken to task and made to contribute back to their societies one way or another. As it is happening to most countries, there must be NO tax havens allowed in any country.

Thirdly, if the money had been used for white elephant infrastructure projects, and not making the necessary returns justified during its appeal for fundings, - these must be quickly turn around to give returns - rent it out, use for other purposes than the original as the original proposed returns had failed. At worse, demolish it and use those plots that will generate better returns.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good Lord... that is scary as hell.... And where in the world do the so called geniuses in the district of criminals get off playing that we are al getting better....

this is astounding....

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Hardly accurate if you were to believe this map then almost EVERY single county in the entire US went under in the the course of like 3 months.

That map is exactly the same as a third world country with NO GNP, a country not unlike Haiti's. The USA is hardly at THAT type a breaking point. This is BS.

More hyperbole.......nothing to see here.

Always nice to have someone tossing more alcohol on the guy rolling around on the ground on fire while telling him hes trying to help and for godssake to remain still!

Did you read or watch any of this post???? The purple indicates unemployment at 9+ %.
Just an FYI, I would never waste alcohol.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Meh, there should be a black for 15%+

Then the whole nation would be black 0.0

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join