It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timelapse U.S. map on economic recovery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Reality check on our economic recovery.

It's getting better all the time folks, nothing to see here.

cohort11.americanobserver.net...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
LOL

That is the opposite of recovery.

That map is scary man! Holy @%(&@

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Wow...yeah, this year will see an increase of canned goods, bottled water and ammunition at my house.

That's insane.......hey, is it me or isn't the area surrounding DC like the last area on the east cost to go purple??? Not that I'm surprised.....but interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

muzzleflash
posted on 6-2-2010 at 08:28 AM

LOL

That is the opposite of recovery.

Ha Muzzle, guess I should have put "economic deterioration"?? need a good antonym.

This vid should have OB's voice in it also:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
WOW just WOW

That's one scary timelapse right there.
Economic recovery? yeah right

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So is this is why, all the "BigWigs" are meeting? Things must not be going as planned for TPTB. :-( Damn peasants aren't spending.

2-5-2010

Global financial leaders gathered in a frigid Canadian town Friday to confront more market turmoil which served as an unsettling reminder that they still face major hurdles repairing a broken global economy.

Our saviors are there. All is well folks.

Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke were attending the two days of meetings with their G-7 counterparts. The G-7 countries are the United States, Japan, Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Canada.

www.realclearworld.com...

Secret meeting down under:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: to add our saviors

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That’s unbelievable. It sure does paint a picture. The lay offs have increased in the last couple of weeks where I’m at. The large local companies are starting to fail and with them the local economy. The local Wal-Mart is laying off and the ones who got to keep their jobs have had their hours cut. I’m afraid it’s just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Just wait 6 months.. the unemployment rate has been dropping continuously now, so when enough time passes it will show the map moving in the opposite direction.

That doesn't mean there will be jobs.. in fact... I guarantee there won't be a single month of positive job growth over the next 6 months.. but at least the map will make us feel better.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
The local Wal-Mart is laying off and the ones who got to keep their jobs have had their hours cut. I’m afraid it’s just the beginning.

It's like a disease spreading. When Wallyworld lays off, that's a new ball game there folks.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So, that is the recovery in reverse? That is truly scary and the entire country virtually becomes an economic dead zone. The politicians are getting nervous I am sure, because if these unemployment figures continue to soar; there will be panic in the streets. There is nothing more scary than a hopeless man on an empty stomach.

I just wish the media would do their jobs, instead of pushing a political agenda. There jobs are to tell the people the truth, not read off a government drafted script. Apparently, that is what they are doing. They are only echoing what is being said out of the White House about economic recovery. When in all reality, if they left their cozy offices or the congressional cafeteria, and talk to everyday Americans on the street; they would get a far darker picture than what is being said by the government.

At least we can see through the smoking mirrors, but I feel sorry for the people that believe what is being said by the MSM and the government about our road to economic recovery and jobs galore. Hopefully, there will be an uptick in employment, even a small one, because that video was worse than any horror film I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the unemployment rate goin up yes, but you also have to consider the amount of people simply stepping out of this society and refusing to work and pay the "taxes" to support this system, time to start our own thing, i see this map as a good thing, down with the system, and hurray for individual freedom. drop your shackles and join the cause, remember most of us think slavery is wrong, i refuse to be apart of debt/economic slavery

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here is another interesting graphic. Make sure and watch it to the end:

tipstrategies.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by allinsane666
the unemployment rate goin up yes, but you also have to consider the amount of people simply stepping out of this society and refusing to work and pay the "taxes" to support this system, time to start our own thing, i see this map as a good thing, down with the system, and hurray for individual freedom. drop your shackles and join the cause, remember most of us think slavery is wrong, i refuse to be apart of debt/economic slavery

So... How's that cardboard box treating you?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Not that I'm saying that the story is true, I'm just pointing out something that I thought of and noticed. At the very end of the video, out of all the states Nebraska has been the one that has had, seemingly, the least amount of "damage". Now, if I'm remembering correctly, didn't John Titor say that that general area was going to be the home of the new government in America?

Again, not that I'm saying there is any validity to the story at all, I just find it interesting.

reply to post by seism

Thanks for sharing that graph. It's crazy how, in just the red circles just exploded there toward the end. Let's hope that soon they'll turn green again.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Economic recovery? I think it's a time lapse of economic disintegration, starting in late 2007, like the current recession.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well if you have been paying attention to the numbers over during the past year or so then this graphic tells you nothing new. The only thing this graphic tells us is where the the recession is spreading to. Economic slow downs always start in the more populated areas (basically on the coasts) and spreads to the middle.

The colors used (going from light to dark) are meant to have a psychological impact. At the moment the rate of unemployment is decreasing; if we continue this trend then the employment decline will bottom out, however we will not see positive results until we have a decrease in the actual unemployment (as far as this graphic is concerned).

Had this been a graphic showing the rate at which unemployment was declining/increasing we would already see the positive results.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Styki]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Not that I'm saying that the story is true, I'm just pointing out something that I thought of and noticed. At the very end of the video, out of all the states Nebraska has been the one that has had, seemingly, the least amount of "damage". Now, if I'm remembering correctly, didn't John Titor say that that general area was going to be the home of the new government in America?

Again, not that I'm saying there is any validity to the story at all, I just find it interesting.

Do you think this unemployment clip may not be true? Why? I see your not in the U.S. Care to elaborate?

As far as Nebraska, that is pretty interesting.

According to the census data, 2009 population estimates show Nebraska's population increased by 14,670 people or 0.82 percent from July 1, 2008, to July 1, 2009, with nearly 1.8 million residents now calling Nebraska home.

"The annual rate of growth in the U.S. stood at 0.86 percent, marking the first time since the early 1960s that Nebraska's growth rate was nearly identical to the growth rate in the entire country," Drozd said.

www.google.com... 1153208.txt&rct=j&q=nebraska+population+2010&ei=_uRtS5PPMIqo8AaX4pz8BQ&usg=AFQjCNGidPWpEj7qJzl--pVlL4-zalug8g

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Guys, this is sarcasm.(The OP headline) Like this:"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now." I thought ATS would appreciate that with all the B.S. we get fed. from TPTB.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Do you think this unemployment clip may not be true? Why? I see your not in the U.S. Care to elaborate?

I apologize. I should have worded my sentence differently. When I said, "Not that I think the story is true," I was referring to the John Titor story, not the economic collapse. I definitely know that this is true; I wasn't able to find a job at all back in 2008 when I still lived in Florida.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

My bad, I mis-understood. It does seem like the mid-west is the place to be though.

Here's a post about those of still currently employed. Trying to stay positive.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have family in Fla. 3 yrs. ago he employed 30 people, now trying to keep only 2 busy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join