It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens need god?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by Jinni

Still I don't think you should classify Jinn as aliens made from flesh.. That goes against everything taught in the Quran.

I didn't classify as Jinn being made of flesh!

I also put Aliens in quotes.

LMAO

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Originally posted by tungus

You are talking about a book that was written for humans and by the human(s). Of course it will placate the humans! Has anyone read the Djinn version of the book? I mean anyone other than the Djinns?

About the 1 billion people needing Allah. Why the constant need to convert the remaining five billion?

If people only were awake they would find how much they don't need Allah, or Jehovah or Elohim. Except for those in power, they need them very much- to control the other people but that's the extent of the need for god.

First, its Jinn, not Djinn, but that doesnt really matter.

If you pick up any established dictionary you are more likely to find 'Djinn' as opposed to 'Jinn'.

Go check it in the old Oxford, Merriam etc.

They are pronounced the same.
Concept of Djinn/Jinn/Ghosts/Genie in Islam

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Do aliens need god?

Excellent thought, OP. Last I read some species (or more) believe in a Supreme Entity. Just speculation, but why not?
Keeps things civil amongst and about civility?

Decoy

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I believe that each organic body requires a soul, and cannot live without the soul. Without a soul our life becomes meaningless and null our our body may cease to function completely.

If aliens are "Organic" then it is reasonable to assume they have a soul. If they have a soul, they must be fed by a belief that there is something worth fighting/living/dying for. Whether that belief be a hivemind, global peace, galactic domination or religion, they still require a belief.

In conclusion, it is perfectly fine to try and convert an alien, but it wouldnt due any good unless the creature is either fed up with his/her/it's current beliefs or has not been touched by a previous belief.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Aliens may or may not need God.

Do people need God?

What is God?

God is a person written about in the Bible.

Is God our Creator?

I would rather believe in gentle people - like Jesus, who helps and saves people.

But.....I think we are going to see God soon.

God help all of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

dont know,I would like to made contact to know everything about Aliens.maybe,one day,I could answer your question...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The Aliens are our Gods.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
god is an alien albiet an advanced one.

she is the creator of the artificial reality we live in.

shes very annoyed at the problems associated with earth,expect fireworks.
the entire civ of the bad guys is wiped out at the same time and thier all sent to hell.

a revenge rapture me thinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

In this hypothetical context, how are you defining God? Even within christianity, there are many different viewpoints on this.

If one takes the definition of alpha and omega (everything and nothing as one system, or universe) literally, then i would answer "yes." in this context, even if an ET species were to have created us, this would still have been a product of the universe.

If one is defining God within the typical debated context of "solely a man in the sky," then it likely would not apply to beings from other planets as it does not even "apply" to all beings on our planet.

More likely, they would have their own concepts about the universe that mimic some of our own, including "God." they would likely be susceptible to the same "pangs" of desire to convert as some humans are, as they surely feel they are looking at the universe in the "correct" way just as we are. Though, i would think such beings would have matured past convincing others of ones own personal truth to be universally applicable. then again, i would think the same about humans
so who knows..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Advanced aliens grew up and left behind the notion of religion. Religion is a step every civilization must take across the cosmos in order to grow. Once mankind realises how useless religion is we will grow past our boundaries. Because right now that is what is hindering us up.

Again it is for primitive species. Just like hate and blood shed is. And religion goes with both. History says it all.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think we should wait until we meet a few of em.
If they come bearing a cross, I might just switch to christianity, if they come bearing a stick of sselowawoo from their planet, I'll consider religion a superstition that eventually gets dropped as people become more aware of the universe around them.

Personally, I doubt a space fairing race would remain theist for long, if at all, but thats complete speculation on my part as we haven't met any to ask their beliefs.
edit on 7-3-2011 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Surely aliens don't need our Allah, Yahweh and Elohim. God's that told us not the aliens to love them. But of course this brings up many religious questions - are all aliens sinners? do they need Christ, will Allah smile upon them? If they don't need Christ, why then should we? Such questions presume an answer to our own belief in god, that the simple nature of the question of whether or not aliens need god also questions if we ourselves need god.

Pleiadians speak of the First Creator, but not of the ones in the Bible. I guess humanity needs a God they can personalize and genderize to suit themselves. I have never needed a God, or a Goddess, I do see my Great Father and Mother, makers of us all, but that is just a human metaphor, they are like a parents, you know, Mom and Dad. As for "following" a God, we don't know for sure who the God is, of what that want, after all.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi i am new to this site and have only read the first few pages of this topic however here is my opinon.

Lets look at us humans at this present time we can clone ourselves even though we do not, we can make eco systems but dont really promote them. Now lets go back in history to the beginning of our universe and a few what if questions.

What if a advanced alien race spotted our universe forming and realised that there was maybe a planet full of rich resources that they needed for their own technologies and personal reason, they flew to this planet and realised that it could easily be mined as the lifeforms upon it wasn't has intelligent as themselves. This of course would be in human terms easy picking it would be like finding aload of oil on an island full of animals not claimed by anyone, now of course there would be set backs for the alien lifeforms firstly the distance from this planet to their own and also the lack of manual labour to mine the gold or whatever mineral they where after. ( Im saying gold has there is some historical evidence that we could of been visited by aliens for our gold) Now what could and would you do? Breed with some lifeforms that look like they could evolve in time to a more intelligent lifeform? or clone yourself and your ufo mates a few thousand times and enslaving them to do your work. also altering the eco system a little so the aliens and their hybid slaves could live upon the planet until their work was complete lets say they filled their ships full of this precious metal and flew off leaving the new created lifeforms to fend for themselves.
Would this make them our gods if we was their lifeforms? The bible states we where made in our image yes the bible does at times say our and we pural not one bit strange dont u think?
The bible also at the beginning mentions other humanoid lifeforms that god picked from to make adam and eve could this be an alien mating with early humans? This too has been mentioned in the bible for satan to be cast down because they went with human flesh the bible also calls them brothers.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There might not be a God, but there is always someone greater.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
take into account that aliens are out there and don't have any god.
[edit on 5-2-2010 by andre18]

Take into account some assumption of yours? Where does this assumption come from?

It makes this whole thread an assumption.
It a hypothetical question whos answer is just as nebulous.

A question better asked would be: "Do higher life forms (aliens presumably) believe in God?"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join