It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens need god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To presume we need god is to presume we need something greater then ourselves in order to live as a society. But take into account that aliens are out there and don't have any god. By the possibility that we make contact, is converting necessary? I would think not, by the very fact that they're able to achieve the same level of technology as us without the need for a god figure, i'm sure they wouldn't need our god to go any further in their evolution. So why then should we need our own belief in god if they didn't?

It would mean the surrender of religion after first contact. I would expect. And sure, there would be the Abrahamic religions attempting to reinterpret their bibles to encompass aliens but for how long would that last.

Surely aliens don't need our Allah, Yahweh and Elohim. God's that told us not the aliens to love them. But of course this brings up many religious questions - are all aliens sinners? do they need Christ, will Allah smile upon them? If they don't need Christ, why then should we? Such questions presume an answer to our own belief in god, that the simple nature of the question of whether or not aliens need god also questions if we ourselves need god.

Such is the existence of god tested by the very idea of an outside influence. To really consider aliens needing or even wanting a god, would they choose or would we choose for them - which god should it be? You would expect the very question to cause even more problems - if aliens chose one god over another would that give more credibility to that one religion then to others that even aliens chose it?

[edit on 5-2-2010 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If God created the Heavans and the Earth and everything else in existance then that means he created the aliens too.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i'll be back later to this just leaving my mark S&F though this is good food for thought i'm not a religious person but still very interesting!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting thread, thanks!

One of the great illusions that governs the minds of men is that there is anything separate from God. Many religions posit an anthropomorphic figure to embody divine elements and justify teachings and understanding. This type of God I don't think aliens (Space Brothers) have a need for. Many already understand that the Divine already resides in each of us, and the ones that are visiting us already have mastered interdimensional travel and understand the unity of the living universe. They also have Spiritual Hierarchies that already work with ours on Earth as well as others in our Galaxy, yet have worked behind the scenes. They have much to teach us when we're ready to listen and will indeed lift the veil. That's what's so exciting about the prospect of advanced beings emerging into our world openly. But to do so prematurely would likely create such fear that we would lapse into even worse chaos that we already have. Self Realization recognizes the true Self, to be the God within, we are all that.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I think; If what we know about God is remotely true, That he created the Heaven and Earth, then he in fact created Aliens.

Nowhere in the bible does it give a timeline that some Religions put on the Earth between 6-10000 years old. When in fact the 6-10,000 years comes from the time of Adam to present. The bible says god create the Universe in 6 days and on the seventh he rested. He did not create Adam day 6 or even day 7, So there in theory is a very large time gap between day 7 and Adam.

It should also be noted That if God is the creator of everything in the Universe; God does not Judge time as we do, Heck time to God may not exist. So we as Humans attempt to interrupt it as such but we cannot. Day 8 is not mentioned in the bible, and we do not know exactly how long a day is to God; A day to him could be Hundreds of millions of Earth Years, which is why we find Dinosaur bones, and we can Carbon Date things.

So after that rambling Yes if God created the Universe then he very much did create Aliens.

www.bibleontheweb.com...

EDIT TO ADD THIS: In the show Star Trek the Federation has a policy of no contact with non space faring species, It is very much possible that these other Alien Races view as the same way we view Monkeys and Ants. They will not make contact with us because we are to primitive, while There are other races, no one from our lifetimes will ever see one because we lack the ability to travel in near space let alone deep space so don’t get your hopes of for disclosure or the Klingons decloaking over DC. Unless we develop warp speed, or hyper drive.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

and i would say if there is a god it is the sun! you cant live without it nothing grows without it and if it dies we die and everything else and if there is a satan its the black hole because what is opposite of the sun? see my point! also stars created everything all the atoms and minerals and what not thats on this earth came from a star!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by andre18

I think; If what we know about God is remotely true, That he created the Heaven and Earth, then he in fact created Aliens.

Nowhere in the bible does it give a timeline that some Relgions put on the Earth between 6-10000 years old. When in fact the 6-10,000 years comes from the time of Adam to present. The bible says god create the Universe in 6 days and on the seventh he rested. He did not create Adam day 6 or even day 7, So there in theory is a very large time gap between day 7 and Adam.

It should also be noted That if God is the creator of everything in the Universe; God does not Judge time as we do, Heck time to God may not exist. So we as Humans attempt to interrupt it as such but we cannot. Day 8 is not mentioned in the bible, and we do not know exactly how long a day is to God; A day to him could be Hundred of millions of Earth Years, which is why we find Dinosaur bones, and we can Carbon Date things.

So after that rambiling Yes if God created the Universe then he very much did create Aliens.

www.bibleontheweb.com...

Read any Gerald Schroeder stuff? It's great.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Do aliens need god?

If you presume that they do, or they don't, you are walking on the thin ice of a presumption.

Truth is that most of us have never met an EBE nor spoken at length regarding views to deity or creation of the universe.

To assume anything is to place one's self on that thin ice and in danger of slipping into the ice cold waters of grunt assumptions.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i would like someone to get on here and post in the way of the old christians something that would be sorta like this...if aliens come we need to teach them the bible and the way of jesus satan shall no longer posess them and teach them the way of sin those flying saucers are of satan and they need to be destroyed all of there documents burned if they will not accept the bible then they need to be killed or tortued until they do so!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
i would like someone to get on here and post in the way of the old christians something that would be sorta like this...if aliens come we need to teach them the bible and the way of jesus satan shall no longer posess them and teach them the way of sin those flying saucers are of satan and they need to be destroyed all of there documents burned if they will not accept the bible then they need to be killed or tortued until they do so!

Why not you just did? I think you are a very close minded individual, but to each his own and may the Lord your God touch your icy heart.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i'm close minded what proves this theory? you cant say the last post! because that was all sarcasim! maybe you are pointing out flaws that you think are around you but are actually within you! what proves my theory the last post which i'am replying to!

and i can prove that christians thought in essence the way i described!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Theroies are just that theroies we dont have enough evidence to make it a fact, which would make it.... a theroy.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In answer to your question OP - "No."

Aliens are ALIENS for a reason, and don't share in mans delusions. I'm sure they will give us a wide berth, as our mental illness is rife and dangerously infectious for the vulnerable.

Parallex.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The most interesting fact that i have found with all of my extraterrestrial experiences, is the fact that just about all of the extraterrestrials agree that they know there is an "Infinite Creator"and they call him: "THE INFINATE CREATOR"! If you can read the book series called:The Law of One! And a few other very informative books all agree with the others books. It's amazing all of the Respected books and authors acknowledge: The Infinite Creator. I'm communication with a race of Extraterrestrials that also acknowledge: "The Infinite Creator" and you can Believe that or not also. It amazes me every time i mention the Infinite Creator, the extraterrestrials react with a flash at my face when they'ere in contact with me. Every time i mention his name, i get a reaction, and it's pretty cool when that happens!I'm working on a "Documentary" that will be finished in the next couple of months. By the way, the reactions and flashes I'm telling you about, are all on video! Yes it's coming!
[email protected]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sperical123

Please enlighten us on your extensive knowledge of ET's religious beliefs.
I am eager to hear how you have contacted and talked to said ETs.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Surely aliens don't need our Allah, Yahweh and Elohim.

And neither do we. But back to the aliens.

Of course this presumes that the aliens in questions have evolved past their own Bronze Age view of the Universe or they have never held such views from the beginning because they immediately knew everything somehow (they are supposed to be different from us).

On the other side, what if they mastered space travel but mentally they are at the level of the Spanish Inquisition? How long do you think before we begin to carry some doll of the Alien's Saints down the street on Dec 25th? Like the indigenous populace of South and Central America does now with the Christian Saints?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

you pointed fingers saying i have a icy heart and proclaiming gods judgement on me saying i was close minded but get me if i'm wrong didnt you make a judgement first and that judgement was based on one post hmm seems a little hypocritical but you never said you was a saint!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
If God created the Heavans and the Earth and everything else in existance then that means he created the aliens too.

Yeah, but this is from the human centrist view of the Universe. Remember, this comes from the time when they thought that:

Earth was flat.
Earth was the Center of the Solar System.
Earth was at the Center of the Heavens.
Man is the crown of Creation.

How much you wanna bet on god creating the aliens stuff?
I wouldn't bet anything given the track record.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

If aliens are capable of coming to our planet from god-knows where, then in that regard they are much more intelectually advanced than we are. To ask if they "need" god is to assume they believe in one.

To ask if they "need" god is a very vague question, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a definitive answer.

IMO though, No , they don't. They are god. They seeded this planet, and like any other good gardener, they come back to their garden periodically to check on how it's growing.

Personally, I'm waiting for harvest time

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

No I did not proclaim gods Judgement on you, your reading to much into, I did however say you have an Icy heart from this thread and previous threads, where I have read your postings.

But hey Who am I to judge, when it is possible my heart is as Icy as words

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join