It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Do you even know what "ironic" and "hypocritical" mean? By your post, I can't really tell.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Do you even know what "ironic" and "hypocritical" mean? By your post, I can't really tell.

I have no doubt that is because you don't know what those terms mean.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Back on topic please.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Joking or not what a silly thing to get into a tizzy over

oh well

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Joking or not what a silly thing to get into a tizzy over

oh well

-Kyo

Agreed. It's completely silly. So were some of the little shots posted about Bush back in the day. One COULD take this story and create a conspiracy theory that Obama purposefully mis-pronounced "corpsman" out of disrespect for the military.

But that's not what I think happened here. I think he's gotten so used to the teleprompter that he reads from it without thinking. Ever see the movie "Anchorman" with Will Farrell?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Obviously a slow news day. I'm with a previous poster...ATS has come to this??

Good grief.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Even though I loathe Bush, I miss the man's gaffes.

Sure Obama has had a few, but Bush's were so awesome. I think part of that awesomeness came from his southern drawl. Also the fact that he didn't seem even the slightest bit aware of the fact that he was saying them sometimes.

I have to post a video of this because it's my favorite of all time.

He says it with such authority!

Anywhoo... Obama needs to ditch that teleprompter.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I think this one falls under the broad umbrella of "Who gives a #?".

Seriously.

This is what ATS is now.

Seriously.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do.

X10

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
With some of Obama's stated positions and those held by his intimate friends, just what is the President of the USA doing at a religious function in the firstplace much less verbally participating gaffes or no gaffes in a religious meeting? Perhaps because the gathering is somewhat ecumenical no particular religion is being preached, so it is acceptable for the US President to be there as an individual? It just seems odd for a most liberal Democrat to be involved in such a thing.

I worry for the USAmerican President's safety, and I pray for him as an individual. I also worry for the USA because with each month passing it seems a war on your own soil is more and more likely to take place. And I don't mean a war of words or a civil war. Some of President Obama's words seem directed so as to engage China in more and more bellicose language leading to God knows what. There is a kind of arrogance in the current US Executive Branch that is not good for peace in the world.

All in all I am very disappointed because I thought this US President would use his ability to read scripts so beautifully would lead to a higher level of discourse and a different direction for the States. Tragically Obama's choice of words and reliance on teleprompters make some long for the broken tongue of the previous President.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I think this one falls under the broad umbrella of "Who gives a #?".

Seriously.

This is what ATS is now.

Seriously.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do.

I would imagine navy corpsmen and the marines whose lives depend on them probably give a fecal loaf.. but if obama cared about them, he wouldn't send them to the empire grave yard to become a corpse for 'the man'.

sp

[edit on 6-2-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
what amazes me is when Dan Quayle misspelled Potato, he was crucified and the press ran the story for weeks. But this... so many want ot give him a pass as it is "no big deal..."

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You know, if this were GWB, Jon Stewart, the MSM and all the other libs out there would be slathering all over themselves about this mispronounciation

and if it were GWB, you'd be in here sticking up for him.

Conformism is the same thing no matter which side of the aisle you set in.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's not just this one word, this one time. It's the big picture that is very hard to have to look at. We have a US president that is just not very smart. Sorry if that offends some people, I wish it wasn't the case but it is. You wonder how someone could get through a college like Harvard and be this stupid. It happens, a lot more than you'd think. I'm going to refrain from getting into it any further than that, but I work in higher ed., and I know what I'm talking about. I know a few people who have a doctorate but their shoe size is probably bigger than their i.q.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yea.
He said it.
Twice.
Hes a moron.
Now,Lets move on now shall we?
We have bigger fish to fry.

S&F for effort.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Common Good]

new topics

top topics