It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know, if this were GWB, Jon Stewart, the MSM and all the other libs out there would be slathering all over themselves about this mispronounciation. As it is, there's nothing on the MSM except Fox News.

So here he is - your Harvard-educated President who does a fine job doing what he does best - reading from a teleprompter without thinking. No harm, no foul. It's not like he's commander in chief of the military, right? Oh, wait...

While speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast, President Obama mispronounced the word "Corpsman" as "corpse-man."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Obama can mispronounce words and get away with it.

He can also get away with saying there are 57 states.

He can also say only one bomb landed on Pearl Harbor.

He can also make fun of the special olympics.

He can refer to "My Muslim faith."

This guy is a gaffe machine. Makes George Bush look like a genius by comparison.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Funny thing is, I'd bet he'd never mispronounce news-corp. (rhymes with news-whore)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think this one falls under the broad umbrella of "Who gives a #?".

Seriously.

This is what ATS is now.

Seriously.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

UH OH - a huge, public Freudian slip.

To Obama, a corpsman is a corpse man.

Roll on more wars (not).

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

He can refer to bowling a score of 129, is like being in the Special Olympics.

He can say the police acted stupidly, when a white police officer arrests a black citizen.

He can refer to the German language as, "oh, I don't know how they say it in Austrian".

Referring to seances in the White House, as a "Nancy Reagan thing".

He can say that he sees "Our Fallen Heroes' in the crowd, here, today.

This one is better quoted:

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

And, one of my all time faves:

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..."

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

Quite possibly true.
As the other member stated, Freudian slip, but most likely one very important code word.
There is a reason for depending on the TOTUS!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Actually, I was the one who pointed out the Freudian slip.

If you are nervous about covering up what you really feel, so you think about it a lot, and work out ways to cover it up - IT EMERGES!

I think this is a law of the universe.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Besides this gaffe, 95% of any politicians gaffes are due to the fact they are morons. The next part is they are sock puppets, how is someone supposed to talk intelligently about things, that they have no idea about, like running a business let alone a country.

Frelling morons think if that if they devalue the dollar by throwing billions at the economy, they have no clue on true economics. Yeah, let us create a job and pay the individual 60k for it, but it costs 400k to implement, that really helped the economy. /s

If the government had any idea what they were doing, they would have cut government spending and liquidated all of the banks and insurance companies that were in trouble. All of them, period!

Corpse men. Frelling moron.

And for the member that mentioned the German language, remember the idiot telling us we should learn other languages?

How many many languages does the Idiot in Chief know? None, he does not even know how to pronounce corpsman, that is core men MORON.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Perhaps, the teleprompter misplaced the phonetic spelling for the term corpsman? Come on, this is of no consequence, although funny for some. He just mispronounced the word, as some do with the state of Missouri as an example. Some say "Miz-zur-ri," while others who live there pronounce it as "Miz-zur-a."

This stuff is really just petty semantics, when we have an ever increasing deficit, enormous job losses, a military build-up in the Middle East, and a recent thaw with the US's lead financier and trade partner, China. Personally, those are things that should be worried about most, not this garbage. However, stuff like this are the tools used by the MSM and political pundits to corral the masses into being subservient and ignorant of the issues. Works like a charm every time.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You're right, it was you, sorry for not giving due credit.

Maybe we should try to decipher these "code words" that have been uttered, either intentionally or unintentionally, by current and past Presidents.

1) Nukyuler
2) corpse man

I'm sure there are many more.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I think this one falls under the broad umbrella of "Who gives a #?".

Seriously.

This is what ATS is now.

Seriously.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do.

Beat me to it.

The fact that this enters into the public discourse, and it does, really strikes the contrast between intelligent conversation and sheer unadulterated idiocy.

I heard about this on 3 talk radio programs and have read about it.

It really strains the credulity of "Political" and "News". What in the hell do we have BTS for anyway if this trash is here?

I think we need another dose of Dr. KJ's Mystical "Stand up and Shut up" Serum.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Your economy is collapsing, unemployment is going up, you're fighting 2+ wars, people are losing their houses left and right... and this is what America wants to whine about today.

America should just implode and get it over with, put it out of it's misery.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
You know, if this were GWB, Jon Stewart, the MSM and all the other libs out there would be slathering all over themselves about this mispronounciation.

You know, normally I wouldn't give a rat's poop-maker about a thread like this or the following ....

If you're going to take the time, effort, and bandwidth to criticize someone's mispronunciation at least spell the damn word right.

At least he's reading live ... you have all day and spellcheck available.

Btw, irouny is spelled irony.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I didn't need due credit - just the truth, a difficult and elusive beast.

There is not much point in trying to decipher all the clues Obama has given us because he is not a ruler, just a puppet, and all of us idiots will have to go with the flow.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We should focus on real issues not petty things it shows weakness. There are many good issues to discuss and this is not one of them. People make these kind of mistakes especially in public. It means nothing

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
We should focus on real issues not petty things it shows weakness. There are many good issues to discuss and this is not one of them. People make these kind of mistakes especially in public. It means nothing

Yes, especially in public, and it actually means quite a lot.

As I said earlier, a Freudian slip is made because of too much emphasis in the mind to avoid it.

Then, it comes up.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It is a sad day when this is news. We need to focus on what is important and not loose sight of it, going after everything show's weakness and hurts the cause of truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

OK, I have quoted a truth of the universe.

People do not want to know.

Let's get on and have a good day, then. How do we do that?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Or maybe, some small village in Kenya has lost it's idiot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join