It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: CIA bungled drug operation sees missionary flight shot down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo

Originally posted by ablue07
Idiots! The controllers couldn't even speak Spanish that was the main reason for the miscommunication, negligent idiots: if your going to have people in target aquisition that don't even speak the same language theres going to be trouble. I was a victim of freindly fire in Vietnam so this vid really ticked me off and brought back allot of anger. If everybody at least spoke the same tongue this might not have happened. Really tragic. They ought to call the CIA an Idiot Agency and not an Intellegence Agency. Man..........I wonder sometimes. My thoughts and heart go out to the family. Peace

I thought that the international language for all air traffic and control towers was english. Otherwise an airline pilot would need to learn multiple languages. It is not like they need to be fluent as all the radio calls and directions are pretty standard. I can understand the fighter pilots initial warning call being in their native lamguage, BUT it should have also been repeated in english. Considering the pilot obviously spoke their language since his calls were not in english , I do not think we can blame this on not speaking english. This one is on the CIA in my opinion for providing false intel to the Peruvian military. Perhaps the CIA budget could be spent on more important tasks such as rebuilding the USA. I wonder how much the CIA and other black operations are budgeted each year?

This is about CIA/Peruvian joint task forces not speaking the same language. It is absolutely irresponsible and unforgivable that an operator or controller not speak the foreign language of his region.

THAT is why it went sideways.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Too bad the pilot couldnt have identified himself using the S-O-S method, which both pilots (CIA and Peruvian) would have recognised instantly.
The Pilot knew he was being tailed by a Military Jet but couldnt get in contact, something as simple as switching the transponder to the international distress code could have saved those lives onboard.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is Shocking, to say the least.

Why are we, as civillians, Putting up with this type of behaviour? It's time for all of us, all of us civillians to band together and put a stop to this nightmare.. We are all subject to this and if you don't try and stop it, we can never live in a society that can live freely nd justly without worrying about our Safety. Let's face it, we are suppose to be protected by these morons and they're killing us.. How would you all feel if it was your Wife and Child that was killed in that scenario?

Now, we will all sit back and do nothing. You know why? It's because we are sitting in front of our Computers and TV's Oblivious to what's coming. As long as it is our neighbour and not me, I'm fine. Why should I worry? It's not me they're after.

This is the mentality we have. As long as I'm ok and they're picking on someone else, I'm fine.

Trouble is, everyone's rights are slowly but surely disappearing at an alarming rate. Your rights will be extinct in the very near future if we keep letting the Wealthy People run the country..

Moral of this particular story is, "Don't muscle in on the CIA's Drug Ring".

What's the Difference between me Shooting you in Cold Blood or a Police Officer shooting you in Cold Blood?
I will be charged with Murder while the Police Officer get's a Medal for "Performing His Duty".

What's the Difference between me Shooting You In Cold Blood and the CIA shooting you n Cold Blood?
I will get charged with Murder. You will never know the CIA shot someone in Cold Blood..

What's the Difference between me Shooting you in Cold Blood and the FBI shooting you in Cold Blood?
I will gt charged with Murder. The FBI will blame someone else.. They will then shoot someone else in Cold Blood and say they were the ones that killed you..

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why does the CIA have jet fighters at all? No other intelligence services in the world have there own fighter jets, that is usually a job left up to air forces..

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Too bad the pilot couldnt have identified himself using the S-O-S method, which both pilots (CIA and Peruvian) would have recognised instantly.
The Pilot knew he was being tailed by a Military Jet but couldnt get in contact, something as simple as switching the transponder to the international distress code could have saved those lives onboard.

Drug smugglers would be doing that if it worked.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Why does the CIA have jet fighters at all? No other intelligence services in the world have there own fighter jets, that is usually a job left up to air forces..

It was Peruvian jets that shot him down against the advise of some CIA agents. Watch better.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wish I could find the picture of the DEA agent who would shoot down smugglers with a shotgun he would point out the window of a twin engine. He did this in the USA. I always wondered if he shot my dad down.
The idea that you should be killed for having an illegal substance is ridiculous, but it is still standard procedure for US agents.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SignalsSince when does any military or agency have a right to shoot down small planes in third world countries?

Couldn't they check it out when they land or am I just being naive here?

It was their own air force in their own land. The CIA didn't make the call, they deferred to the judgement of the locals, which was obviously incorrect in hindsight.

And it wasn't known when they would land, as their flight plan is unauthorized, and could also be incorrect. I also think that what the agents mean when they said he could just "turn right" was that he would go into some other country's airspace, and then they would be out of the Peruvians' jurisdiction.

It was an irrational call combined with the language problem that led to this.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Horror !
God Bless these missionaries that risk their lives to help people
in these third-world countries. Makes you wonder if they really
understand the danger involved. To lose your wife and daughter that way.
What a sacrifice.
And yes this is just another reason to go ahead and
legalize, tax, and control drugs.
Last statistic I saw was that over 50% of the people in U.S. prisons were
there for drug convictions.
It's a government racket...For Sure !! There are no longer any doubts
for me. The "War on Drugs" is a farce.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That is horrific. I have seen some tragic stuff on the internet but I could not keep watching after he said "Phase 3 ok." Two positions of respect, fighter pilot and CIA agent, complete idiots. The credentials you need to make it in this world are sadly motivation and self-interest, excellent example of how our lives are in the hands of the least enlightened.

IF they are aren't 100% sure how can they shoot the plane down? Also, drug trafficking should NOT be punishable by murder in the first place. Assume he has drugs, He's just carrying drugs, he's not got a gun pointed at a hostage or anything. Break this situation down, this is the madness that those with authority and capability for force work with.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That video just ripped out a section of my heart.

I would hate to be flying on top of the world with my loving family and then get suddenly shot down by a bunch of idiots, and watch half my family die for no real reason other than stupidity.

Ouch..... whoever did this should be in jail.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul agrees with you, so do I

rawstory.com...

There's been a coup, have you heard? It's the CIA coup. The CIA runs everything, they run the military. They're the ones who are over there lobbing missiles and bombs on countries. ... And of course the CIA is every bit as secretive as the Federal Reserve. ... And yet think of the harm they have done since they were established [after] World War II. They are a government unto themselves. They're in businesses, in drug businesses, they take out dictators ... We need to take out the CIA.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Someone should be held accountable for the murder of that woman and her daughter.
I dare say that the paperwork on this one ended up at the bottom of the pile after it happened.

My thoughts go out to the family.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The thing that disturbs me is, even if they were carrying drugs, they were judged and executed by some pilot and a couple of twitchy CIA guys......
Perhaps they could have followed them to their destination and you know, arrested them or some other crazy notion that doesn't involve putting 50 cal through a baby.
No way man we gotta light these people up! WHY?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Thank-you TrainDisbatcher for bringing this story to our attention. My God, I just felt sick when I watched the video --- I can’t even imagine the terror those poor missionaries must have felt.

I agree with Libertytoall and Zarp3333 ---- we may as well just legalize everything. What’s the worst that can happen? Can the outcome of legalizing drugs really be worse than spending our tax dollars on murdering missionaries? I’m sure it wasn’t intentional --- but the sheer idiocy involved is profoundly criminal.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Rule 1.

Screw helping 3rd world countries. The only ones that do any good are the leaders. If the people want help, let them do it themselves. PERIOD!

Rule 2.

If you go to a 3rd world country your taking your life in your own hands. IF you are averse to this rule, don't apply for the job. PERIOD!

I'm sure this lady was very nice and all but SHE WAS NEGLIGENT IN TAKING HER INFANT CHILD TO A RAT HOLE! Would you expose your kid to diseases like those there?

Now, The idiots in the CIA.

Your using a knuckle dragger from a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY! Hell, their barely educated! If your going to operate with these pinheads, BE FLUENT IN THEIR LANGUAGE!

Spanish is NOT sticking a "El" on the front of every other word or an "O" at the back of one you mental midgets!

Why are we down there dicking around with a BS drug war when we wont even take care of our own borders!? We don't seem to pop holes in every vehicle or person running across that now do we?

Idiocy all around.

The only one I feel for is the baby. Maybe the pilot. They had no choice in the matter, just a do-gooder mother.

Yeah. I know. This is fairly harsh. Just my .02 cents!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One of the CIA guys says one of the options is to check the # on the plane...... WHY DID THE GUY THAT WAS SHOOTING AT THEM RELAY THAT NUMBER TO BE CHECKED, the family had to know there was a plane back there before he opened fire you even hear him talking....this is BS, so they don't verify anything and choose to shoot it down because it "LOOKS" ...... I don't even need to finish that. This was a big mess, I just cant even believe this..... My heart goes out to the family

DK

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What was really going on was the CIA plane was carrying some coc aine, probably about 125 kis (kilos) and they were following an innocent plane as cover, kinda like "UFOs" follow commercial airliners (thats a theory, i dont know if ufos really do that)

If you ever have had the reason to smuggle drugs across the state lines, on highways, even in cities, though its less dangerous to do it in cities, you always have a cover. A car ahead of you or behind you, to distract cops, to cause a disturbance, to do something to get the cops away from you. This is exactly what went down in Peru, except it happened in the air and on a macro level of international drug transfers rather than the micro level of instate drug transfers.

The peruvian air force came upon them most likely quite by accident, and they realy did have an established flight plan. But what happened was the people that were paid off by the CIA included those in air traffic, and when the CIA told them what was up, they pretended not to have been acknowledge when contacting the Bowers' plane.

i know it sounds fantastical, but the CIA is the largest importer of drugs into our country, even though that CIA plane full of drugs most likely landed in Mexico, and they got the Cartel in power to deliver it into USA via their established routes. THey could have flown straight into the US, but even then especially then, as it was 2001, that was not an easy thing to do, even for the CIA. They gained more powers after the Patriot Act.

i may get flamed for these statements, but sit back and think about it. Is it possible? Yes. Is it plausible. Thats for you to decide. before you do though, research, look into the "War on Drugs" check out the economy Regan inherited, coming from a failed Vietnam War. Research the introduction of crack. Remember how sucessful war is when based upon an abstract principle. The War on Terror anyone?

Love and Peace

[edit on 4-2-2010 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I actually had tears running down my face while
watching and listening to this.
I wonder why it took so long for the video to be released.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, this is absolutely ridiculous. Thank you war on drugs, for keeping us nice and safe.

Thank you CIA for protecting America from the evils of pot smoking, and taking good care of America.

Frick.

At what point do we draw the line?

I'm mean killing infants with a 20mm cannon is pretty bad. But what else can we come up with?

Maybe we should burn down some kindergartens.

That might help fight the war on weed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join