It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: CIA bungled drug operation sees missionary flight shot down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

It is plausible until you consider that an entire family and an infant were on board. That's very educational what you have said and an interesting angle, but it makes little sense to have a whole family on a decoy plane. Like you said though, on highways it would be very easy to make that strategy work with 3 cars.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

You made my point though. Its exactly because they were a plane of innocent people that they were being used as unsuspecting cover. The infant makes it all the more plausible, imo.

i believe the Peruvian Air Force just happened upon them. Caught them on radar and decided to investigate. The Bowers were not meant to die, but they were put forward as sacrificial victims, exactly like the rear car in a interstate convoy.

when they discovered a second plane tailing the first, the Peruvian pilots were immediately put on alert. Until it was estalished that it was a CIA plane, exactly like the Alphabet boys wanted to happen ion case of such things, they told them they had been following the Bowers" plane.

It makes perfect sense to me. But i will say that its just as likely that the events went down exatly as stated. we werent there, we didnt have intimate knowledge of the events goin on. But IMO, what i have hypothesied is the exact nature of the situation.

Love and Peace

[edit on 4-2-2010 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

That is interesting and a good point. I just didn't think the peruvian pilots would be able to tell that a family was on board. Point well made and while I don't fully understand, like is the family in on it, or do they just happen to be going the same way? It would be hard to imagine that the game makers in the CIA would do anything without knowing the family was on the plane. Then the pilots on the scene would hardly be able to know by looking through the windows from behind the plane to be affected by the fact many people were on board. Honestly if they see 6 people in the small plane, they must know it's not fully loaded with drugs... which only would make this story worse. What if they were illegally transporting people? Would they just shoot them down too? 6 people + drugs in the end. Once you have that many variables it's sick that they would shoot the plane down klnowingly.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

If it went down the way i think it went down, the Bowers' knew a little of what was up, mainly that they were simply supposed to fly upon the planned flight plan. if they were bothered they woulda been told to initiate contact with the air traffic controllers. the peruvian air force didnt know. its easy to bribe the highest level participants, but air force pilots are grunts. and you cant just cover it up that easy. its the reason we have this story comin out today. because the air traffic was paid off, thats how it turned out like it did. imo, they had no idea the CIA was behind them, neither did they have the idea that the plane behind them may or may not have been carrying drugs.

It was a "loathsome accident" to the CIA, but theres more than meets the eye.
They may have been fully in the know, bu they were offered large sums of money, which is what usually has the dudes in the rear car to take up position. but there is no chance of snitches. because the effect of peruvian air force discovering this flying charade is definitely downing one of the planes, especially if the CIA went "official" with the fact they were following the second plane on "drug suspicion"

i understand where your coming from. But my hypothesis seems extrememly plausible. despite the fact yours does sound possible. We still dont really know though.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
this is so sad. they shouldve listened to kennedy and disbanded the CIA.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't blame the CIA ... except for one bit...

Why send CIA agents who can't speak fluent SPANISH to a SPANISH speaking country to go into combat with them? Kinda hard to say "kill or don't kill, phase three maybe not phase three" blah blah blah.. sounded like the Peruvian (who didn't sound like the brightest knife in the draw I might add) just heard "phase three" and turned around and advised to shoot it down.

But for the most part.... it is the Peruvian Air Force's fault.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
One thing that occured to me the could have also led to this incident being fatal (although the shots fired may have been the initial fatal blow which killed the 2 onboard anyway.)

But as the Seaplane was configured to be flying into a Airfield as plotted by the Flight Plan, I would think in the rush to get down the Pilot *could* have forgot to raise the gear for a water configuration landing, resulting in a tail-over crash. You see from the aftermath pictures that the aircraft is still intact with no fire damage, yet the floats were upside-down in the Lake. Leading me strongly to believe this was the case.

Heres a YouTube video caught of just such a Incident in question, one wonders if the aircraft hadn't flipped could the 2 injured on board manage to get out and possibly have survived their injuries?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/2/10 by ROBL240]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn
reply to post by Novise

You made my point though. Its exactly because they were a plane of innocent people that they were being used as unsuspecting cover. The infant makes it all the more plausible, imo.

i believe the Peruvian Air Force just happened upon them. Caught them on radar and decided to investigate. The Bowers were not meant to die, but they were put forward as sacrificial victims, exactly like the rear car in a interstate convoy.

when they discovered a second plane tailing the first, the Peruvian pilots were immediately put on alert. Until it was estalished that it was a CIA plane, exactly like the Alphabet boys wanted to happen ion case of such things, they told them they had been following the Bowers" plane.

It makes perfect sense to me. But i will say that its just as likely that the events went down exatly as stated. we werent there, we didnt have intimate knowledge of the events goin on. But IMO, what i have hypothesied is the exact nature of the situation.

Love and Peace

I think you are absolutely right. They were tailing the unsuspecting plane as a radar shadow. The CIA plane was stuffed full of dope. Just in case they get spotted by the PAF they can claim they are tailing a dope plane.

Also,why would they be TAILING a smuggler? And why would they shoot them down, they would force them down and arrest them.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Just legalize drugs and the cartels along with all the violence dissapear.

In theory that's a balancing idea from the perspective of "our level".
On their level (the participants already engaged) it's already "ok" and they engage in their quests for being the dominant player, supplier, provider.
It's a game, already rooted and in play and casualties are just counted as activity on the playing field.......mulligan! oopps my bad is the attitude shared and allowed. If it was legalized it would just bring it to the forefront.
There's no doubt alot more we NEVER hear about.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm jumping into this a little late but I wasn't a member yet when I first read this thread.

The plane was ordered shot down not by the CIA but by subcontracted employees of the private military firm Aviation Development Corp. who were operating the CIA surveillance plane. They mistakenly ordered the Peruvian Air Force to attack.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra5000
I'm jumping into this a little late but I wasn't a member yet when I first read this thread.

The plane was ordered shot down not by the CIA but by subcontracted employees of the private military firm Aviation Development Corp. who were operating the CIA surveillance plane. They mistakenly ordered the Peruvian Air Force to attack.

This is the future of all war and police from America. A corporation will fill in for soldiers and cops. No person or entity will be held accountable. They will blame it on the drone.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

The fault is OURS!! the USA pours money into the hands of the rulers and then gets to pressure the locals, kill at will, and get away with it. The CIA is a renegade outfit, was never supposed to get a powerful as it is, and now runs the system and uses vast sums to do bad things worldwide.

Agreed. What angers me most is these a--holes are committing these acts in the name of the U.S. Any foreigners who don't know better are led to believe that Americans are all this way and that we do whatever we want in order to remain top dog. What's worse is that most Americans don't realize how many crimes are being committed by our "Intelligence Agency." No Americans I know believe these acts are justifiable. All we want to do is live peacefully like every other country's citizens do.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
why am i not surprised?

Why do they preach violence is not the answer yet use it every chance they can reasonably justify?

Apparently violence is the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join