It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Ireland ******VID******

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Edit- This is NOT the youtube of it, but since I haven't found a vid of it yet, we will keep rolling with this one.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. I don't know why they would quit filming before it ended though.

www.rte.ie...

Astronomy Ireland says a major fireball has been spotted over Ireland this evening. It says the rock from space was seen blazing in the air by people all over the country and would have been travelling with the force of a small nuclear weapon. Astronomy Ireland says there is a very good chance it has landed inland, but it is unlikely to have injured anyone.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by downtown436]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It kinda looks like it is in slo mo, and backwards.

???

There are tweets of this event also.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Gotta be a fake...

Logically, how did they start filming while this thing was a small spot in the sky, but then turn off the camera before it ends.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The event, or the vid?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I dont know what this video shows but its definitely not a metor/meteorite.
And it´s definitely reversed.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Zmurfix]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Good find. Just starting to hit MSM...

Being addicted to golf I believe this is a sign from the heavens that Padraig will win all 4 majors this year.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thats one slow moving meteor...I seen a massive meteor once...thought it was going to hit the ground...huge firestorm behind it...it crossed the sky in like 6 seconds. Guess it depends on the angle overall.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

I tend to agree that the vid may not be of the event that happed in Ireland. But there was a bolide in Irelad.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So I am pretty sure the vid I posted wasn't the real thing, but it *might* be so I am going to leave it up for now, until I can find a verifiable one.

Besides, when you put something like ********VIDEO LOOKY HERE************ in your thread title it seems to draw a larger audience......

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Maybe?!

One way or another, the amount of fireballs we have been having, and seeing lately means one of two things.

1-There are more space rocks than normal impacting the atmosphere, and Earth.

2-There are a lot more cameras recording the sky now, and more people with video cameras in general. Therefore we get to see many more sky disturbances than we used to.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure if the vid in the OP is this event but something has happened at 6pm GMT. Says it was 'the size of a desk' and 'exploded with the force of a small nuclear weapon'

www.rte.ie...

www.irishcentral.com... feed&utm_medium=twitter

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
must be part of what hit the sun the other day
Incoming....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-2-2010 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
News report is legit. Not heard any reports form obersvers in Ireland yet. Sounds like an impressive natural event

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In addition to being slowed down, that video is going in reverse. Look at the smoke trail... It's flowing toward the object, not away from it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Video is fake. Posted on 2008
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There has been raportof a meteor but this vid looks like a flare to me or something

Here Are Some Reports:
The meteorite - which was described as being the same size as a small desk - was seen by people up and down the country. Tommy Moore from Astronomy Ireland said a space rock collided with the earth’s atmosphere at about 6pm, showering debris over many parts of the country.Mr Moore said: “A major explosion happened in the sky over Ireland. We think it’s a fireball, that’s a rock from space the earth has slammed into and they burn up as huge shooting stars. This one appears to have lit up the whole country. The phones here in Astronomy Ireland are going crazy.”One man told his local radio station: “I saw the ball of fire just above the trees fall down. I rang the emergency services. I thought it was a helicopter.” Another said: “I thought it was a bright gas cylinder. It seemed to get brighter as it was approaching the ground.” It is called a Meteorite after it hits the ground, I wrote Meteor. Just so you know your astro info correct.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by sunspot0]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Yeah, it isn't a vid of today's event. But until we find an actual vid, it is staying up.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
Video is fake. Posted on 2008
www.youtube.com...

The vid is real, just not a vid of the bolide over Ireland today.

And yeah, it is of something from 2008.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
News report is legit. Not heard any reports form obersvers in Ireland yet. Sounds like an impressive natural event

From what people are saying it was pretty spectacular event.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
my mam witnessed this on her way home from work..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join