It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Sleep Paralysis Experience.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This happened about 1-1/2 months ago, and have only shared it with a few close friends, but remember it quite vividly..Finally found a place to post it!

I normally work 3rd shift on weekends (3a-2p), so I get to bed quite early- 5pm in this case. Well, I was awoken completely paralyzed from the neck down. I was able to turn my head and that was it. I saw a figure at my doorway approx 9-10ft away, motionless. It was about 3.5-4 feet tall- humanoid, but I could not make out any physical features, other than it was as if a shadow was standing at my doorway.

This sent me into panic mode, I tried my hardest to bang on the wall possibly to alert a neighbor (I live in an apartment), but was unable to move my arms. I turned my head and noted that it was 10:46pm. After what seemed about 5 minutes of struggling against the paralysis I gave up, and decided to close my eyes and let whatever happen, happen.

I didn't even want to look at whatever was at my doorway.. after I saw it the first time- because it didn't feel benevolent at all. It felt quite strongly the opposite.

When I opened my eyes, I was able to move again, but it was 1:47am now. Whats strange is, I set 3 alarms (1 on my alarm clock, and 2 on my cellphone) for 1:41, 1:43, and 1:45am, none of them had gone off. It was as if they HAD gone off, but were turned off.

Now, whats strange is, this had actually happened to me the night before, but I saw no figure, simply a presence. The paralysis lasted a few seconds, and there was no "missing time".

I found no evidence of an intruder, however, my cat which normally sleeps with me, was under the bed, and wouldn't come out (which is completely unlike her). I have no scars, or memory of the experience other than the paralysis...

BTW- new member here- glad to be here!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, You have come to the right place to share this experience
welcome

I have read about this phenomenon before and find it quite interesting , because i had an experience similar to yours when i was about 7 years old, only the once mind, but I didn't see any figures i was just paralyzed, even went to the doctors to check it out, he put it down as a night terror ( kinda like a nightmare but with hallucinations). It seems obvious to me that your fight or flight kicked in so whatever you experienced was real to your mind, Have you ever had anything like this happen before? Did you hear anything, any communication to or from you?? Please expand it as I am sure there are a few possible explanations. But don't think I am debunking you coz i am not. Just want a bit more information.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The first night it happened, I was paralyzed, but only briefly. It felt that there had been a presence there, but it had already left... The following night (the night in my post), was where I actually saw the figure.

I have found I have a very keen sense of intuition, and ability to sense stimuli around me. I am a very light sleeper, and can be woken up quite easily. This time around, I was awoken by the feeling of a presense. There was no communication that I can remember. Only a sense that the entity standing there was not nice.

What strikes me as unusual in my case, was that the paralysis lasted so long, and that I "jumped" 3 hours. ..Again, I had 3 alarms set, and they had all been turned off when I "came to". My regular alarmclock blares like a schoolbus going in reverse. If it had gone off, I would have jumped 6ft in the air. The other one just plays Buddy Holly.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences as well, and some more enlightened friends of mine claim these incidents are some kind of "ghost attack", in which a parasitical spirit attempts literally to possess you. This has happened a couple of times to me, although not in an manner that would allow for any easy explanation. Mostly what I do remember is the paralysis..

Most recently I remember being in a very half-awake, half-dreaming state, with the sensation of something on top of me, who then proceeded to possibly play around with the back of my head, doing only God knows what...

could be a dream, of course, but it could be much more. it's VERY strange to say the least...

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Zoso]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This has happen to me several times, you are awake but you can not move, my ayes are close but I can move them, but the rest of my body I simple can not move at all, very strange.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spain
This has happen to me several times, you are awake but you can not move, my ayes are close but I can move them, but the rest of my body I simple can not move at all, very strange.

I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. the first time I was terrified
I didn't know what was going on and couldn't move at all. I thought I had twisted in my sleep and damaged my neck or something like that. I started hyperventilating and that seemed to bring me out of it.
If it happens now I just relax and come out of it naturally.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
me too one I woke up,all I could do was move my eyes,I tried to move and I couldn't,I also tried to scream but nothing would happen.I fell asleep quickly after though

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i've also had this same expreience, i think ive alredy posted it tho

possible Explaination:

Thousands of Americans say they've been kidnapped in their sleep by beings from outer space. What's the deal with these people? Are they crazy, or have aliens really abducted them?

Neither, says Kazuhiko Fukuda, a Japanese psychologist. People claiming to be victims of alien abductions suffer from a common condition called sleep paralysis, Fukuda asserts.

Sleep paralysis happens during a brief stage of sleep when the brain is "disconnected" from the body. The brain is either awake or semiawake, but the body can't move. At that point, the sleeper often "sees" shadowy creatures, "experiences" levitation, and "feels" painful sensations throughout the body. Such experiences match the reports of people claiming to be victims of alien abductions, who usually tell of being lifted into spaceships, where their bodies were probed by sinister being.

sounds like a bs coverup explanation to me though

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I get this quite a bit infact I had just the other night.
I first experienced a similar sensation when I was around 6 years old where I'd hear a loud swishing noise in my ears and I'd close my eyes because I'd get scared by it, when I'd open my eyes again after what I'd thought was a few seconds, hours had actually past.
Sleep paralysis started during my late teens and I still get it today.
Usually theres a feeling of some kind of presence in the room and not a nice one either. I've had the feeling of levitation, I've felt a strong gust of wind on my face and at the same time a ghostly face moved right up to my own (I closed my eyes at that point as I felt my bowels were about to become un-paralysed if you catch my drift
).
Sometimes I get it just as I'm about to fall unconsious and I'm suddenly aware of it and then I'm paralysed.
From my experience the more you try to move the worse it gets, I've learnt that by relaxing you eventually start to move again.
Its scary every time it happens but you learn to deal with it after a while.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by cainey]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I had this paralysis since I was a child and usually are related (at least in my case) with astral travel and yes I feel presence of others around me and also because the first feeling when you are paralize is to fight I hear voices telling me to let go. Once I do the experience is very enjoyable.

Some of this presence are odd feeling and not very nice but not harm done to me. One point most of the time this happen around 2to3 am.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I hate it when that paralysis happens, you guys ever notice that the more you fight back to move your body the weaker you get? Ive tried so hard to move my body in this state that I actually fell out of my bed and woke up on the floor. haha.

But in all seriousness I hate it when that happens, its one of the most horrible feelings to ever have, not being able to move. But apparantly its natural becuase all of you have them as well.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
One of the reasons with fight is because we don't want to loose control of our bodies. Is the way of thinking about loosing your body the soul will not be able to come back, but is not true we are attach until the day we die.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ever since my experience (above), 1-1.5 months ago I've slept either on my stomach or facing the wall just in case it happens again (like that'll do any good).. No need to see 'hostile' figures at my doorway anymore. It really creeped me out..

It hasn't happened since, and if it does happen again, I hope they realize I work 3rd shift, and I must be at work by 2am. (amusing, but serious statement)

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I had an incident about 5 weeks ago. Seems as if it is not that rare. Also referred to as "old hag's syndrome".
I think this link should provide some helpful in understanding more about it:Sleep Paralysis

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Actually sleep paralysis is a great opportunity for Astral Travel. Just think of getting out of your body and see what happens. You might mistake this for actually waking up though. If that�s the feeling just look at the bed and see if your body still lies there or try to touch something. If you can�t exit your body you can try and raise the kundalini force. Imagine that there is energy moving up your spine and when it hits your head you will errm "experience something" he he.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satariel
Actually sleep paralysis is a great opportunity for Astral Travel. Just think of getting out of your body and see what happens. You might mistake this for actually waking up though. If that�s the feeling just look at the bed and see if your body still lies there or try to touch something. If you can�t exit your body you can try and raise the kundalini force. Imagine that there is energy moving up your spine and when it hits your head you will errm "experience something" he he.

The problem with that is you're so damned scared at what is happening to you the last thing you want to do is go for an astral walk, especially if you're feeling the presence of something malevelant.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I too have experienced this when I was in my early 20's (yes I'm getting up there) and it really is terrifying. The first time it happened I woke to find a tall dark figure standing over me. I couldn't make out features, just a shadowy thing - black and tall. And I could hear it laughing at me - actually sneering. It sat on my bed next to me - I could feel the bed depress and the covers pull but I couldn't move or scream or anything. Like everyone else, I figured there was nothing I could do but close my eyes and hope it went away. And it did.

The next time however was more menacing. The second time I awoke to someone tapping me on the sholder (I was on my side) - I was able to roll onto my back this time and I saw no one there. I tried to go back to sleep and then felt someone pulling on my arm. I then began freaking out - yelling and tellin whatever it was to leave me the F___ alone! Well that made it angry - all of a sudden (I was partly sitting up) I felt a rush of air come down from the ceiling and a incredibly heavy weight on my chest - it slammed me to the bed and I swear it was crushing me - though I saw nothing. One of my friends was over that night and as she heard me gasping she called out to me - suddenly it whisked away and it was over.

I was terrifed! I looked it up online - sleep parlysis is what I keep finding but why the evil presence and why the chest crushing?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've had a familiar experience with the feeling of wind and a ghostly face coming towards my face (it actually looked like me... weird:puz
Closed my eyes, crapped myself and then woke up and in that order too.

Some members on here will probably be able to give an explaination for it, it'll probably make you even more scared though.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by cainey]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Cainey - maybe you actually had an out of body experience?

Hey all - here is a pretty interesting site on SP. It actually considers the current scientific "theory" as well as "other" possibilities.
sleepparalysis.dnswh.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No I was still in my body what ever it was wasn't me, it looked like me but it wasn't.
I've had one oobe before which involved floating above my bed then next to it and then I sort of woke up. I didn't see my body during this experience but then I didn't look at my bed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join