It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'test-fires satellite rocket'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Iran has test-fired another rocket originally developed to place a satellite in space. Their first reported successful satellite launch was in February 2008.

What makes this one different is that they launched a capsule containing a mouse, a turtle and worms. In other words they are preparing for the eventual launch of a human.

Iran has successfully test-fired a satellite rocket, state television has reported.

The report by broadcaster Al Alam, said the rocket was a "Kavoshgar 3 satellite carrier".

It said the rocket included an "experimental capsule" that carried a mouse, turtle and worms.

Link

Iran is progressing quite nicely with her ambitions, despites the sanctions etc. All of this places her in great peril as these kind of ambitions are not being looked at too kindly by the US.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It will be interesting if the grays let it go or blow it away with one of there little faceted projectiles.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I always find it amazing that a lot of countries that have extremely restrictive embargoes and sanctions seem to progress further than countries that don't.
For example: South Africa - nuclear bomb, North Korea - nuclear and Space, Iran nuclear and space.

It is obvious to me that these countries are/were being helped by one or more of the Big 5, just as South Africa was helped by Israel and France.

Is this an attempt to destabilize the region deliberately?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If the world were a peaceful and sharing place, there would be no need for such test firing, Nations should share what they already know with each other. This is the problem the world over, we have enough in the developed world to share with the undeveloped world, but because of money, and red tape, lots of it, we keep it back, because of fear that one will be better than the other, rather than thinking we could all be equal, shame but thats how this sad world or ours works.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

It seems war drives humans to be creative and constructive. In a perfect world we would not need to find more creative ways to kill each other as a way to advance our civilisation - but, that is how humans are.

We cannot deny our humanity and state that we will ever have a world free of killing. Humans make war and kill. It's quite beneficial in a sick way.

The Iranians are sending turtles into space.
Quite soon they will be landing a man or woman on the moon. Whatever it is that drives them to do this is besides the point - the fact is that they are doing it.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Can anyone else read "ICBM" between the lines on this story?

Maybe that is why we were doing our little "failed" missle-intercept test.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
erm, ya we have a Iranian ICBM, up in orbit with a turtle, a mouse and a worm.. MMMm Hmmm.. I feel really comfortable about that, and really do not beleive they are just seeing how a Vertibra and two invertibra adapt...

Such a disney story headline coming from Iran, who has such a big scary anouncement to give in a week or so..

Whatever..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
More on this here:

It is a great job that living organisms can be sent into space – we do experiments on them and they return to Earth,” the President said. “We are going to send a satellite 500km up.

"The next steps are 700km and 1,000km. Everyone knows that reaching the 1,000km orbit allows you to reach all orbits.

“This was a huge breakthrough... and we hope we can send our own astronauts into space soon."

Link

I like this quote:

Iran successfully launched a can of worms into space today

Can of worms indeed.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Humble beginnings ... even the US and USSR (with huge budgets) started cautiously.

Personally I believe that man's future in space rests firmly in the hands of private corporations ... but space is a club that we should all belong to eventually.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Well I am speculating and starting to sound like a spook, But what if its has a warhead on it or something... I do not know to much about icbm, nuclear tech and I do not know or understand the theory behind such, but what if it has a warhead and iran, tells us that on the 11th..

Feel free to put me in check if I sound stupid, by letting me know I am talking nonsense..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Ok, I'll bite ... let's say they have a warhead on a missile that they launch. A nuclear warhead. Let's also say they let it fall on a US city.
One missile.

What would the response be from the US? There would be no doubt that in this case it is a State-Sanctioned declaration of war against the US.

Result? Iran would be no more.

They understand that.

top topics

join