It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA not getting back to the moon !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"The truth is we were not on a sustainable path to get back to the moon's surface, and as we focused most of our efforts and funding on getting back to the moon we were neglecting investment in key technologies to get us beyond," he said.

NASA administrator Charlie Bolden

I don't know, but that statement is crypto-talk to me. It looks like they found a convenient way to not get us back to the moon. I really wonder what is on the moon that we are not supposed to know about.

If we "invested in key technologies to get us beyond (the moon)", we should be able to get to the moon easily???!!! What am I missing?

Something stinks ...

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Nichiren]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

"The truth is we were not on a sustainable path to get back to the moon's surface, and as we focused most of our efforts and funding on getting back to the moon we were neglecting investment in key technologies to get us beyond," he said.

NASA administrator Charlie Bolden

I don't know, but that statement is crypto-talk to me. It looks like they found a convenient way to not get us back to the moon. I really wonder what is on the moon that we are not supposed to know about.

If we "invested in key technologies to get us beyond (the moon)", we should be able to get to the moon easily???!!! What am I missing?

Something stinks ...

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Nichiren]

While I support private companies getting into space, the only way for the US to get back to the moon before other countries is with NASA. Our competitive edge, and in theory our military capability depends on projects like this. It may sound old fashioned, but taking the high ground is still a sound military stratagy.

The moon has the potential to be a vast solar collector, on the surface or built in Earth orbit from lunar materials. The energy coverted to microwaves and beamed to Earth. The Japanese are testing satalites with this capacity. I first read about this idea in a 1976 issue of National Geographic. That article placed the event, which included vast space colony's at the LaGrange point between the Earth and Moon, in 2020. We are missing the boat, and theres no prize for any thing but first.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

It's nothing to do with having a sustainable path like they want you to believe. They were warned off the moon.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

It's nothing to do with having a sustainable path like they want you to believe. They were warned off the moon.

Warned by who??? Aliens who got there first?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've got a thread here on this, too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too many people watching to go now.

I'll bet the CIA told them not to go. It is the hoax of the Century.

What would be the fall out (no pun intended
) if it was ever shown the US never went?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Or maybe it's something more reasonable? Like you know how Americas out of money, and doesn't need to waist it do something we accomplished decades ago. When introduced the idea I remember every one being ticked off because it sounded like a waist of money.

It's silly to think there's some kinda deep secret reason they wouldn't go.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

Are you serious? Out of money? Why not just print more? That's Obama's answer for everything else.

Seriously though, private industry is much further along than NASA was. Turnning this stuff over to companies like SpaceX is exactly what was needed to keep the goal of returning to the Moon on the original time table and on budget. He had a real oportunity to get the job done here. But he cancelled not just the program, but the goal as well. Maybe there is something we don't want everyone to know about up there. Or atleast delay the truth as long as possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lophe

It's silly to think there's some kinda deep secret reason they wouldn't go.

Please save this sentence in your time capsule. I'm sure I will have the last laugh.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
persoanlly im glad , lets get on with some real science and deep space observation using space based telescopes. Observe now, explore later.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
persoanlly im glad , lets get on with some real science and deep space observation using space based telescopes. Observe now, explore later.

To me, there's a difference between looking at pictures of Playmate of the Month, and going out and getting a real date. Sure the latter is more expensive, but the rewards are quite disproportionally greater!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
reply to post by Lophe

Are you serious? Out of money? Why not just print more? That's Obama's answer for everything else.

Seriously though, private industry is much further along than NASA was. Turnning this stuff over to companies like SpaceX is exactly what was needed to keep the goal of returning to the Moon on the original time table and on budget. He had a real oportunity to get the job done here. But he cancelled not just the program, but the goal as well. Maybe there is something we don't want everyone to know about up there. Or atleast delay the truth as long as possible.

Yes! Let the private sector go to the moon.
Mine the Helium-3.
Google could be a major shareholder. $$$
-----------------------------------------------------
BTW, NASA will be just fine.
You know Obama will be thrown out soon and then we can get back
to business as usual.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I really wanted to see a NASA return to the Moon but it looked like a receding goal. I think Buzz Aldrin best summed up the current situation:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
.html

I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

No! It's a conpiracy! Obama is teh sekrit moslem! THE ALIENS WERE THERE FIRST!

Sorry - couldn't resist

People unfamiliar with space exploration are keep on the "whizz-bang" aspects of space, such as video of people walking on the moon, and not on the "boring" actual science that provides all the benefits of the space program.

Of course Buzz Aldrin is right. He knows more about this stuff than any number of conspiracy nuts.

top topics

join