It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Many people in the UFO community devote hours upon hours a day to formulating theories and trying to "fill in the gaps" concerning "the truth" about aliens and the governments involvement and though I know and call some of those people my friends...I, myself, am not looking for any "truth".

I'm looking for knowledge.

I grew up on books on aliens, bigfoot, nessie, ghosts and demons. I was raised into a family obsessed with the paranormal/unexplained. I can recall discussing the Nazca Lines over eggs with my mother and twin sister at the age of 7. One of my biggest wishes was that "God" would reveal all of the worlds mysteries to me when I died and went to heaven.

But what if there is no truth...no ultimate revelation? Aside from those of you that would commit suicide...how would some of you react to the final disclosure being...THERE IS NOBODY OUT THERE.

Would some of you be mature enough to accept it? Would some of you continue to claim you were aliens?

Where would some of your lives be?

[Edited on 5-27-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The only thing that I would find shocking about that would be that from what we are finding out, latest planet found has water vapor, methane, oxygen, that some other life was not found.

Life here on Earth is in every nook and granny that we look. I'm sure life is out there some place. Not greys or reptiles but some type of life some where.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If that's the way it is, and conclusive proof could be found, than there's not much I can do about it. However, I doubt that we could ever truly know there was nothing else anywhere in an infinite universe.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My life wouldn't change I don't suspect.

I have a question for Preest though. Since its hard to deny the existence of UFOs when there are continual good UFO sightings and reports being made, but if no "ultimate revelation" is forthcoming during our lifetimes, why then would we change our opinions? Its been nearly 60 years since the Kenneth Arnold sighting that blew this open in the public, so why should we expect things to change? People will continue to see weird things, sometimes photographing or videotaping them, and report on them. The wild speculation will continue.

Are you saying something like what if UFO disclosure came and it was revealed to be nothing but advanced man-made vehicles, or are you saying there will be no disclosure? Because there is a lot of good evidence that weird things do buzz around this planet from time to time. (for instance the recent Mexico UFO video, The Disclosure Project witness testimony, government documented events like the 1980 Rendlesham Forest and 1965 Edwards AFB incidents).

So really I have to answer this question two ways.

If some disclosure happens and UFOs are revealed to be nothing more than advanced human vehicles, I will be slightly disappointed, but relieved to finally know what it is that I have seen.

If there is no revelation coming, then I won't change my mind at all and will continue to think something is being covered up. I don't expect death to give me any revelations as I'm very unsure about there being anything regarding truth about spirituality either. Most likely I'll die like everybody else who has lived, ignorant of the reason I have seen a couple of weird things fly around my general vicinity. No biggie.

Now it could be that UFOs are some mass hallucination as we are told from time to time. If that is the case, then I have been a victim of some very good sober hallucinations.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, I guess the universe would be TOTALLY ours then. One really really really big playground, not that it isnt already. This is just one of many multi-dimensions, so, if it was empty and void of life, there is always the other realms

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Some of you are reading too deeply into my post. I'm not saying "If there's nothing out in the great expanse of our universe". I'm saying, "What if everything many of you place your lives on turns out to be nothing". Nothing being anything from unconventional aircraft to atmospheric phenomenon.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yes this universe, but what�s beyond this universe? Is this all, is this infinite or does it have boundaries? What is this we call universe? No one of use will ever know, at least not in our lifetime. Who knows maybe this what we call universe just coexists in some other much bigger world, maybe our universe is just an Atom in that world�� In my personal opinion, afterlife does exists, maybe not such we think it is but still, there are many people experiencing NDE (Near death experience) and almost all of them are telling us the same story. Maybe what we call god or the mighty creator is just some kid who had homework to create lower level life form (us), and after he did abandoned us forever. I really do hope that one day all my questions will be answered, and until then live your life without sins.

p.s. I hope i didnt miss the subject.....

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by _ARMac_]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What if the bible was just a make believe story book someone wrote for entertainment or if god was just a lie that someone made up?Everybody believes in something weither it's god or aliens or the boogyman if somehow our beliefs got disproven we would find something else to believe in.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Let's not allow the thread to turn into a religious one people.

I'm simply asking how some of you would feel and react to finding out everything you felt concerning aliens and UFO's wasn't "big" but really just "small and terrestrial".

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Personally I would feel alot safer knowing that there is no "beings" out there that are more pwoerfull than our own.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The whole point about UFO's are that they are unidentified!

If we knew what they were, where they came from etc, I'm sure this knowledge would throw up more questions than answers. The world will never stand still. The more we know, the more we'll realise there is in existence things we can only dream about.

Our lives will not change significantly when we finally explain UFO's. Our quest for knowledge will just take a different turn.

I, for one, hope the human race never find all the answers. Not only would life be boring to the extreme, we need to strive in order to enjoy living.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So I DIE, and go and meet God/Goddess, and he/she tells me it is ONLY the earth, no other life forms. I would say "GOOD ON YOU for the nice job of earth. Fun place, they have water parks"!
You know? I would BE dead and prolly wouldnt care about my past 'human incarnate' belief system. I would prolly have to laugh at my own childish hopes and dreams, wether they be Alien in nature..or TRYING to have the best body on earth, or some constant obsession with a mirror.( OH YA make- up IS REALLY IMPORTANT 2 ~not~)

These are not things I am saying that I do, of I am just using them as EXAMPLES....of things that MIGHT matter here and now, but once dead who gives a rip? When dead......I am SURE we will have better things to contend with than worry about our last mis spent incarnation.....

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I guess if it was proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that everything I believed in about Aliens/UFO's etc. was untrue, than I would simply have to find something new to believe in.

Strange question, really.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I would hardly believe that there is no other life out there.

A few things make me say this...

It is extremely difficult to prove that something doesn't exist (think about the mathematics...) than proving that it does exist: a single example will do, but on the other case, you need to rule out every possibility, directly or inderectly. Given the fact that we know just a incredibly small portion of our universe, the odds are quite high that life can be found in lots of places, that obviously we maybe don't even know about.

Also, I doubt that all humans having seen "something" so far are wrong. Maybe lots of them are wrong, but I doubt that so far every UFO or alien witness has misinterpreted something or hoaxed it.

To answer that question, I would be deeply shocked if it was "proofed" that we are alone. That would be not only annoying, but also, in my views, likely a flawed proof, or an incomplete one, for the reasons I state above.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I've sometimes wonder if all the public speculation regarding aliens and UFO's is just adding to the coverup...The Govt. feeds us, or allows us to see a LITTLE bit of information, and the stories mount from there.. Kind of like playing "telephone" when you were a kid.

Who knows whats really out there!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i would happily smirk at all those people who have told bullshlt over the years - not that i dont believe in aliens/ufos etc , i just dont accept things as facts until i have all points answered in my head

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are roughly 100 billion billion planets estimated in this Universe alone. Who knows about the cosmos......

What are the chances we are the only ones out there.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i saw an alien grey with my own eyes so for me its not a question anymore.
My questions what do they want here becouse my intuition at the time was telling me not to trust them, they are too cold and emotionless. Some years later i heard some well known swami that my friend knows personally said once they have a different karmic system and they better live us alone.

i also read here about other species, those i havent seen so if i dont see it i dont belive it. However seeing something that does not "fit" into your perception of reality can be quite disturbing.

theyre out there, we all feel it, but its a "glitch in the system" for most
so they cannot comprehend it

B carefull what you wish for

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Unlike some people on ATS, I haven't spent years researching the subject, so don't feel like I have invested too much to lose if it all turned out to be nothing more than natural phenomena or some military "thing". However, I do feel there are too many as yet unexplained and quite incredible sightings (Mexico, Phoenix Lights) for this whole subject to be mundane or just a military application of some sort.

I get the feeling that if sightings like this were simply military aircraft being tested, they wouldn't be hovering over cities for all to see. Unless, of course, their point was to increase the number of believers in UFO's in order to gradually prepare the population for something?!?!

Oh, man. I'm going off at a tangent now, so will shut up.

Bottom line: I think I'd be quite disappointed.

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
With all I know I believe some People from outer space made us because of the huge missing link the scientists talking about, suddenly the Neanderthals disappeared and there out of nothing we come, and our DNA is way different from the Neanderthals DNA. But yes I think some of the “Lights” in the sky is “area51” made and some of them could be natural phenomena, but there are so many sightings daily so there must be a limit of the “area51” crafts and the natural phenomena.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join