It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Iran is likely to make a new announcement regarding its controversial nuclear program during a ten-day celebration to mark the 31st anniversary of the country's 1979 Islamic Revolution starting Monday. Iran usually holds a demonstration of its scientific and technological achievements during the celebrations, running annually from February 1 to 11 and led by the country's religious leader, Ayatollah Khomeini. In early February 2009, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced the launch of the country's first domestically-built satellite into orbit. This time he is likely to announce 20% uranium enrichment from 3.5%. Iran needs 20%-pure uranium for a Tehran research reactor. Iranian authorities also plan to launch three satellites and to hold large-scale military drills, thought to involve missile tests.

en.rian.ru...

Well maybe it has to do with the announcement of the higher enrichment stages they have attained. Or maybe they will just launch a nuke seeing as how it is the last day of the celebration.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Pure speculation is my take on those posted words.

Since we are speculating apparently, perhaps the poster is suggesting that Iran is planning on detonating a nuke at the end of their celebration?

I believe that U.S. intelligence is already aware of what is going to happen... IF anything does.

And IF that is what happens, the next moves the US and Israel make will be very interesting.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Where is Emerald The Paradigm? He would have a field day with this and his "WW3 in Feb" sensational bogus crud

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The recognized political figure and two-time former president also commented on the Iranian nuclear program, saying that holding a grand rally on February 11 could help foil outside ploys to pressure Iran in that regard.

Hashemi-Rafsanjani said Tehran was adamant about its decision to continue its peaceful nuclear work, adding that the country would not retreat from its position under pressure from world powers.

""With the help of certain countries that did not have an aggressive stance before, the global arrogance has launched a new wave of attacks against the Islamic Republic of Iran,"" he said.

www.tehrantimes.com...

I think Iran is just going to show the world that they are united as a country despite supposed outside interference.

The nuke will come at a later date IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Or:

Mujaheedin e-Khalq is going to bust the program wide open.
That would be cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
\addition - wouldn't it be wild if he came out and introduced a extraterrestrial...F the nukes, Iran now has flying saucers...

His security forces probably captured a Xe Black Ops team. .

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
news.google.com.au...

Iran News Nuclear Warhead Attack; Bin Laden Warns Of Dead Obama Speech On ...
Before It's News - ‎26 minutes ago‎
Washington, DC - It appears the radical leader of Iran has threatened a surprise revelation for the Middle of February. Iran News is stating that ...

Link not working..

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i believe the us military build up is in response to whatever it is they are to reveal on the 11th... this is very interesting. only 11 more days..

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
seriously here...

if it is the case that iran plans to announce they have the biggun, or even at the very least they have the enrichment facilities and are within months of delivery capabilities, it is not so much the US reaction that would be concerning.

The us is pretty much way to broke to do anything really. atleast not without completely putting the entire country at serious and irreversible risk.

now israel.. that is another story. they have announced publically and loudly that they will not let nuclear iran exist. if iran even implicates themselves in such a way, i would imagine that isreal would take an action, and no diplomatic measure could stop them.

on the up side, we at least already have troops in two bordering countries, and the gulf is full of assets. perhaps the end plan is finally taking place?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This article seems to be from 2007.

Iran Says Feb. 11 Big Day

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will reveal "giant achievements" on Feb. 11, the Iranian Fars news agency reported over the weekend.

According to Ynetnews.com, Fars said Ahmadinejad would make a key announcement on Iran's nuclear rights on that day.

"The Iranian president also reiterated that February 11 is the day when the Iranian nation's inalienable right to access and use nuclear technology will be established," Fars said.

archive.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by Phage
Yes, I know.
I was wondering about this:

AQ Khan's work will be revealed.

Maybe they bought a nuke in lieu of being able to make one.

unlikely, but not impossible. if a purchase was made they would have bought more than one, because in that situation, they would have to be suicidal not to acquire enough to see through a full engagement or at the least remove israel from the face of the earth, and multiple nuclear payloads would likely show up on the radar of the intelligence community enough to trigger a public announcement of some sorts. thus giving reason to engage in military action. the west has been chomping at the bit to "realign" that country anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Feb 11th show of power?

" Islamic Revolution was one of history’s greatest events: Ahmadinejad TEHRAN, Jan. 29 (MNA) -- President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has described the victory of the Islamic Revolution in 1979 as the greatest event in the history of humanity after the incidents that occurred in the first years after the advent of Islam.
“The Islamic Revolution has profoundly influenced all dimensions of human life… Independence and freedom are the main accomplishments of this revolution,” Ahmadinejad said here on Tuesday at a meeting with the organizers of the Ten-Day Dawn celebrations (February 1 to 11), which commemorate the anniversary of the victory of Iran’s Islamic Revolution.
“The Islamic Revolution happened at a time when human generosity had been destroyed. The Ten-Day Dawn not only celebrates the freedom and independence of the Iranian nation, it belongs to all humanity because it commemorates the recreation of human identity by the Islamic Revolution,” Ahmadinejad stated.
According to the late Imam Khomeini, the Founder of the Islamic Republic, “the day of the victory of the Islamic Revolution is the day of the rule of God,” said the president, adding, “This revolution manifests the leadership of the Islamic ummah.”
www.mehrnews.com...

The one JJay55 linked is from 2008..

Tehran: 21:45 , 2008/01/29 Print version Email this to a friend

Islamic Revolution was one of history’s greatest events: Ahmadinejad
TEHRAN, Jan. 29 (MNA) -- President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has described the victory of the Islamic Revolution in 1979 as the greatest event in the history of humanity after the incidents that occurred in the first years after the advent of Islam.

Should I still worry?

Cuhail

[edit to add] I do suppose that this anniversary comes EVERY year, at least for the last 31 years...[end edit]

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Cuhail]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Iran opposition leaders call for protests

Two top Iranian opposition leaders have called on supporters to protest on February 11, the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, an opposition Web site reported. According to The Green Way Web site, a meeting took place Saturday between opposition leaders Mehdi Karroubi and Mir Hossein Moussavi at Karroubi's home. They discussed the two executions that happened last week and the cases of 16 protesters who went on trial Saturday, the site reported. "The widespread arrests of political activists and university students, the silencing of the media, and the forced confessions of prisoners are against the principles of Islam and the constitution of Iran," the leaders said in a statement. Video: Why Iran FM defends crackdown Video: Iran hangs two men, but why? RELATED TOPICS * Mir Hossein Moussavi * Iran * Mehdi Karroubi * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad They also called for people to take to the streets on February 11 to demand their rights back as citizens of Iran, The Green Way reported.

www.cnn.com...

It looks like A-Jad will have some competition at that celebration on the eleventh. A protest march is getting set to happen on that day as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

Iran doesn't want War
They have tried to convey that in numerous ways.

Whom do you mean when you say: Iran?

The Iranian people or the spokespersons for the Iranian government?

There's a difference, as I'm sure you're aware of.

I don't doubt that the Iranian people, or at least the majority, aren't in favor of war. Same with people everywhere; it's the loudmouths who declare war from the safety of their overly protected bunkers that cause all the fuss...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranian authorities suddenly get trigger happy in their speeches, broadcasting their message of war from a plane on it's way to safe territory somewhere in Israel, so to speak...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Haa haaa!

I first read the title to the thread and thought iran was telling us to go get...
well, they actually said they would deliver a blow to the world.

up way too late. seeing things that arent there.

night all.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well everyone, get ready for $20 a gallon gas, lol

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is the actual PressTV Article - Dated 01 Feb 2010

'Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the nation will deliver a harsh blow to the "global arrogance" on this year's anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

"The Islamic Revolution opened a window to liberty for the human race, which was trapped in the dead ends of materialism," Ahmadinejad said during a cabinet meeting on Sunday.

"If the Islamic Revolution had not occurred, liberalism and Marxism would have crushed all human dignity in their power-seeking and money-grubbing claws. Nothing would have remained of human and spiritual principles," he added.

Ahmadinejad said that in the three decades of its history, the Islamic Revolution had inspired some great developments in the world.

The Iranian president made the remarks as the 31st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution approaches.

Iranians are expected to pour into the streets on February 11 to celebrate the occasion in public rallies across the country, as they have done annually over the past three decades.

This could just simply be about the Regime's assertion that Iran is "united" despite possible outside influence (or inspite of...)

[edit on 31-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Haa haaa!

I first read the title to the thread and thought iran was telling us to go get...
well, they actually said they would deliver a blow to the world.

up way too late. seeing things that arent there.

Yeah you do that buddy...

Too funny

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
From all I read in the last months, the only thing that Iran is gonna announce is : a new type of missile able to launch satellites and 20% enriched uranium.

Nothing else.

If they test a nuke, I would be very surprised...very. But not that much concerned... Pakistan had nukes for all this time and they are as crazy as Iran, probably even more and they haven't done anything with those yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank you for posting a current version. It really makes me wonder if they (Iran) just put out the same rhetoric every year at this time.

Keeps us guessing, I guess. Will this be the year he actually follows through? Wait and see, I guess.

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join