It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys More Missile Defense Units To Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
2.11.10 Iran promises to deliver blows to nations... blah blah blah.
So it's orange alert and a defined threat I suppose.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The increased US naval presence in the Persian Gulf could be a pelude to establishing a blockade of Iran.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the nation will deliver a harsh blow to the "global arrogance" on this year's anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

we shall see... things seem to be ratcheting up pretty fast now with spring coming...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

You need to add a source link to that quote, sir. PER T&C. While you're AT that source link, check the date of the announcement because we've found this quote both from 2007 and 2008. I have YET to see one from 2010.

Thank you,
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

www.presstv.ir...

'Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'
Mon, 01 Feb 2010 01:30:44 GMT

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Current Iran missile capabilities

Iran currently has short- and medium- range missiles with improved lethality and more accurate guidance systems. Iran’s launch of a medium range, solid fuel ballistic missile demonstrates its ability to hit targets in Israel and southern Europe.[2] Iran also successfully launched the Safir Space Launch Vehicle on Feb 2, 2009. It was then speculated that development of an ICBM was not far behind. Intelligence reports that a missile could be built sometime between 2010 and 2015 perhaps using help from Russian and North Korean technology.[3]

Current US and European antimissile defense systems against in flight missiles is impressive in demonstrations I have seen. There are several systems in development. The current deployment is probably just a long needed upgrade.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lacenaire
The increased US naval presence in the Persian Gulf could be a pelude to establishing a blockade of Iran.

We have them surrounded on 3 sides, Iraq, Afg and the Gulf. Now why would we need a blockade???

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

You need to add a source link to that quote, sir. PER T&C. While you're AT that source link, check the date of the announcement because we've found this quote both from 2007 and 2008. I have YET to see one from 2010.

Thank you,
Cuhail

Thinking in Western terms I can understand your confusion.
Islamic terms are quite different. They don't translate them for us to understand, instead we need to understand the language and know how to translate from Arabic.

Islam in language is unlike America in language and meaning. They don't think or speak like we do. They don't eat, breathe, have sex and many other things like we do. But from sources from 2007 and 2008 you can see that their traditions repeat themselves. And I think that's the point you are missing.

You will not receive a personal message in black and white especially just for you. Sorry. Well except for this post which is my gift. You're welcome.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

We have them surrounded on 3 sides, Iraq, Afg and the Gulf. Now why would we need a blockade???

Unable to get a UN Resolution on further sanctions due to Russian and Chinese vetos, the US and others would have to act alone on any blockade, in breach of international laws. Any such bloackade by the US would therefore be an act of war in itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Unable to get a UN Resolution on further sanctions due to Russian and Chinese vetos, the US and others would have to act alone on any blockade, in breach of international laws. Any such bloackade by the US would therefore be an act of war in itself.

Well perhaps now I understand the significance of False Flags.
Who needs a resolution to 'defend' ones own country if under attack ?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Thinking in Western terms I can understand your confusion.
Islamic terms are quite different. They don't translate them for us to understand, instead we need to understand the language and know how to translate from Arabic.

I can follow that line of reasoning. Language barriers exist for a lot of English speaking vs other. My wife is a spanish speaking person and she is always laughing at how I try to say things in Spanish whilst speaking spanish. Sometimes it just doesn't translate!

Islam in language is unlike America in language and meaning. They don't think or speak like we do. They don't eat, breathe, have sex and many other things like we do. But from sources from 2007 and 2008 you can see that their traditions repeat themselves. And I think that's the point you are missing.

So, they just repeat every threat until we say "Yadda yadda yadda, attack, rancor, attack, rancor" until we just disregard their rhetoric...and THAT'S when they strike? Do I have this right?

You will not receive a personal message in black and white especially just for you. Sorry. Well except for this post which is my gift. You're welcome.

Thanks! But, that's pretty much what a used car salesman told me last week.
Show me the CARFAX.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

War has already been declared. Not by the US though.
Right now we are simply in defensive position. Once Iran moves we might just make it an all out war. Again, we weren't the instigators... as it is made to be seemed by the ones who actually declared war in the first place.
Sidenote: if China and Russia acted in that manner it's not necessarily a bad thing. We are sick of terrorism and all the other bs coming from the Caliphate and it's about time something was done about it.
Once they run out of oil their only business will be terrorism and the world can't afford that. You can see how Somalia as the perfect example. They were given the means to start and maintain a democracy and they turned into pirates. Sometimes in evolution there has to be some intervention. just sayin.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Thanks! But, that's pretty much what a used car salesman told me last week.
Show me the CARFAX.

Cuhail

I think that's the problem, you want the facts from a resource that isn't black and white. For example, PhDs are doctors of philosophy, they have the ability to make something of a whirlwind of knowledge. Epistemology is an art. As for your used car salesman The Aristotelian definition of truth states:
"To say of something which is that it is not, or to say of something which is not that it is, is false. However, to say of something which is that it is, or of something which is not that it is not, is true."
In other words, you are your own source of knowledge equiped with the capacity to find the truth. Take the pieces that allow you the truth.
Good luck to you.

Now back to the topic...
US deploys to Persian Gulf. Amadinejad threatens (nothing new). AQ plans 2010-2013 on schedule. Truths.
Speculation: WMD to be used.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join