It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys More Missile Defense Units To Persian Gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The U.S. is sending more missile defense assets to countries around the Persian Gulf to counter what is seen as a growing threat from Iran, Reuters reports on its Web site Sunday. Nations including Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain will be hosting U.S. anti-missile systems, the report said. In addition, the U.S. Navy is deploying several ships with anti-missile capabilities in and around the region

online.wsj.com...

I wonder why we are doing this right now. based on what intelligence, what events is making us send AA and naval ships to the mid east... a most interesting development. any ideas folks?

also discussed tom some extant here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My guess is that if the someone is going to hit Iran i.e. the US or Israel the US wants to make sure it happens now and not during spring or summer when the US military will have their hands full in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Setting all ego aside.

The US is still the only global power at the present time. It's flexing it's muscle. Arms deals with Taiwan, missile defense systems in the ME and troop build up in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Way to go Obama this is how you win wars guys. You don't win them by talking you win them by killing the other side. And to all the conservatives out there take a good hard look why did Bush not fight the wars to win in a timely manner? He wanted to make as much money as he could and Obama just wants to win them. And until I am shown otherwise the facts are pretty clear on this one. Obama fight wars to win and win fast not to prolong them.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Setting all ego aside.

The US is still the only global power at the present time. It's flexing it's muscle. Arms deals with Taiwan, missile defense systems in the ME and troop build up in Afghanistan.

These are some interesting developments, and it appears President Obama is taking a quite hawkish role in his second year. Apparently, he is slowly taking off the gloves and is conducting a global show of force to any potential enemies. What is the agenda for such actions, is still unknown? However, as some have said, this year should be interesting. . .

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Little bit scary. This is a definite indication that some one has intel on something that's going down soon. What with civil unrest I don't think Iran having much of a chance.

God Blss the Troops

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There has been a lot of military activity going on world wide recently
especially in the middle east (not just in Iraq and Afghan).
me myself suspect that another war will kick off soon.

Israel about to go into Lebanon/strike Iran?

[edit on 31-1-2010 by To Many Lies]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Please do keep in mind that this is Obama we are talking about, he's not some big time know it all strategist. He gives speeches and signs off on things.
As he's done in the past he's obviously just giving authorization to whatever needs to be done. I can guarantee you this isn't any of his handy work, all he's done is let the subordinates of the leashes while he pretends it's all his work. Remember we've still got DoD Secretary Gates(originally from the Bush administration) in charge of most of this.
And on the intelligence about what may be going down regionally, that's classified and I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Just before I came over here to ATS, I saw this as the headline on Drudge. I felt such a bad feeling come over me. All this is going to do is make Iran mad. I hope nothing happens.

As for why more ships are being sent, according to this article, the Pentagon is sending these forces into the Persian Gulf to "protect US allies and deter an Iranian attack".

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
the more i live the more i see that the only people who are afraid of the USofA are americans. countries like australia and canada laugh every time the US try to flex its muscle. shaking their head and laugh saying" how are you guys going to screw yourself up this time."

a lot of us are like children watching our dad getting his behind handed to him, when he manage to peel himself off the ground and take off his shirt, you're like." ohhh now he's mad, now he's going to beat that guy up." only to get sent to the hospital.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Well if it wasn't for the USA Canada and Australia wouldn't worth a crap today. Remember that. I don't really see the point you are trying to make. Canada and Australia are puppets of the international deep state anyways..........countries like the US and UK still control you guys. You guys had better wake up and start taking what the US does more seriously.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by DOADOA

Well if it wasn't for the USA Canada and Australia wouldn't worth a crap today. Remember that. I don't really see the point you are trying to make. Canada and Australia are puppets of the international deep state anyways..........countries like the US and UK still control you guys. You guys had better wake up and start taking what the US does more seriously.

thing is i'm not australian or canadian. i am a proud american citizen. although i am proud to be living in the best country in the world. the luxuries offered here can not be found anywhere else in the world. i feel safe and sleep well at night knwoing i am here in the US. i love this country. but when it comes to war, we are out classed on so many level.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
War with Iran is nearly certain, either it will be started by Israeli strikes on Iran or by the U.S. (less likely) ... Either way, building up these defenses in the gulf region is a logical move.

While I believe the last thing the Obama administration wants is a military confrontation with Iran, they are faced with an inevitable confrontation and this move simply highlights that.

If there is a new war in the Middle East, the best way they can solidify US support for that war, would be following the aftermath of a large scale terrorist attack in the USA that can be linked in any way to Iran.

If the Israelis really want to take Iran out they should make that happen, then drop a few bombs on Iran... The US military can take it from there.

"Not if, but when."

If you are living in a major U.S. and/or perhaps even a U.K. city considered a prime target for a large scale act of international terrorism, or retaliation NOW would be a logical time to consider a move to a more "safe" rural location.

The time for talk and empty threats is quickly running out.

The Iranian propaganda machine has bought them just about all of the time it can. They want war, the destruction of Israel and, more importantly to fulfill Koranic religious prophecy, even if that means that they must martyr their entire nation in the process... But they have also, faith that Allah will in the end save them.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

If I won the lottery, I would want to live in the US like a shot, I'd be on the first plane outta the stupid UK!

USA rules and is the best, from an honest upfront Engishman!

You guys have everything you could wish for over there and I want to be a part f it, nothing wrong with wanting the best eh!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
reply to post by DOADOA

If I won the lottery, I would want to live in the US like a shot, I'd be on the first plane outta the stupid UK!

USA rules and is the best, from an honest upfront Engishman!

You guys have everything you could wish for over there and I want to be a part f it, nothing wrong with wanting the best eh!

Are countries will always be tied together it is a shame that Britain has gone the way of France you guys used to make fun of them and then all of a sudden that changed. I wish the British pride and strength would once again rise to the front instead of being happy at the back.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Im British and proud to be but keeping it short and sweet
i have to admit we have lost the "Great" in Great Britain.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by To Many Lies

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it!

Way too much bad stuff happenin here to go into, maybe a new thread?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
U.S. Starts to Push Back Against China in Growing Rift

WASHINGTON — For the past year, China has adopted an increasingly muscular position toward the United States, berating American officials for the global economic crisis, stage-managing President Obama’s visit to China in November, refusing to back a tougher climate change agreement in Copenhagen and standing fast against American demands for tough new Security Council sanctions against Iran.

Now, the Obama administration has started to push back. In announcing an arms sales package to Taiwan worth $6 billion on Friday, the United States leveled a direct strike at the heart of the most sensitive diplomatic issue between the two countries since America affirmed the “one China” policy in 1972.

The arms package was doubly infuriating to Beijing coming so soon after the Bush administration announced a similar arms package for Taiwan in 2008, and right as tensions were easingsomewhat in Beijing and Taipei’s own relations.

China’s immediate, and outraged, reaction — cancellation of some military exchanges and announcement of punitive sanctions against American companies — demonstrates, China experts said, that Beijing is feeling a little burned, particularly because the Taiwan arms announcement came on the same day that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton publicly berated China for not taking a stronger position on holding Iran accountable for its nuclear program.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
One of the main things we keep hearing in the media, for a long time now, is how we can't have a nuclear armed Iran. If in the near future a mushroom cloud goes up in the middle east/isreal, don't bet it's Iran that set it off. You can be they will get the blame though. Then US must go to war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It looks like the hawks in the defense establishment decided to flex its muscles and send a specific message to China and its allies (read Iran). The Taiwan arms deal was an integral part of the American message. One can only speculate as to what led the Obama regime to make such a move now that angered the Chinese. After all, in his last visit to Beijing, Obama almost looked and behaved like a subordinate to Hu Jintao.

Also,one must remember the domestic politics while analyzing these moves. Obama's approval ratings are sliding at an alarming rate and he knows that fancy speeches will no longer work. So, stopping short of waging a war, such maneuvers help in building the "tough guy" image.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join