It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists 'plan attack on Britain with bombs INSIDE their bodies' to foil new airport scanners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Terrorists 'plan attack on Britain with bombs INSIDE their bodies' to foil new airport scanners

www.dailymail.c o.uk

Britain is facing a new Al Qaeda terror threat from suicide ‘body bombers’ with explosives surgically inserted inside them.

Until now, terrorists have attacked airlines, Underground trains and buses by secreting bombs in bags, shoes or underwear to avoid detection.

But an operation by MI5 has uncovered evidence that Al Qaeda is planning a new stage in its terror campaign by inserting ‘surgical bombs’ inside people for the first time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am stunned at the lengths these people will go to...

NO, not the (apparent) terrorists, but the people who keep pushing these stories.

After reading this Daily (Black)Mail article I was left open mouthed at THIS:

Security sources said the explosives would be detonated by the bomber using a hypodermic syringe to inject TATP (Triacetone Triperoxide) through their skin into the explosives sachet.

What the hell is the use in having nice shiny new hi-tech and very expensive x-ray full body scanning machines if they can't detect a HYPODERMIC SYRINGE FULL OF "TPAP" on a person?

I'm not sure what the regulations or restrictions are for people like diabetics who carry insulin but this just seems crazy.

If hypodermic needles are ALLOWED on flights then what's the need for "body-bombers", what's to stop a terrorist from jabbing it into a flight steward or another passenger and trying to hijack the plane using the threat of murdering a hostage and forcing them to request entry into the flight deck instead?

Not many left to go on the big list of potential terrorists, now they've added anyone with a scar or diabetics.

I recogn cats are next with volatile kitty litter and cat pi** as the catalyst...pun intended.
I have to laugh or I'll cry.

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hardly surprising. Indeed, I actually said in another thread (which i cannot find at the moment!!) about the Christmas bomb plot, that you'd only need to have a bomb inside your body to avoid these new scanners.

That much is obvious from the pictures we've seen of this new scanner, plus Islamic terrorist chappies have used this method before, albeit unsuccessfully.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interesting, but what of metal detectors....?

Yeah maybe you can hide it from the body scanner, but will a metal detector not pick up the metal that is now in them?

Even then, if it is some kind of explosive powder that they swallow or whatever, you still need a way to detonate it.... I just can't see this working realistically.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Flag and star.

Thats just flat out scary. But i wonder if this would reduce the impact of the explosion? As typing this it hit me how sick some one must be in their head to be a suicide bomber.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm stunned at the level of propaganda the dailymail.c o.uk will pump out even after the BBC announced that Al-Qaeda never existed.

AKA ...Al-CIAda, is a group of covert CIA, Mossad, and MI-6 operatives.

Know what an Israeli looks like when he puts on an Arab robe ? I bet you'll never guess.

He looks just like an Arab ! Isn't that amazing ?

Which is pretty handy for "false flag" attacks. And when their countrymen own most of the media, it's pretty easy to always blame the arabs for what Mossad did.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah because surgery is something so simple, even a unqualified doctor in the middle of a cave could do it. I know Pacemaker patients who risk having collapsed lungs from even a simple routine op, and the device itself is no larger than a bottle cap (although weighs a bit more obviously.) Yet were to believe that explosives can be planted inside someones body, patched up, and they can be on their merry way across half the world to blow up a target. Theyd be dead before they'd even leave the Cave.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

unless its triggered by timer , that could work right ?

the chances that they will be caught on airport scanenrs is minimal
they are normally already in the UK homgrown based on reports on the last ones.so no need to pass anything threw airports.

i also agree with the post above they would not make the journey from aboard and if they did not be able enough to do anything.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Nice excuse for mind-reading machines? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

What say you to the bombers who are already attempting to blow people up with bobs inside their bodies?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Give one example of when a "Terrorist" has used a device inside their person to detonate a device (that wasnt a false-flag event.)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ROBL240

What say you to the bombers who are already attempting to blow people up with bombs inside their bodies?

Stick with a Korma the night before.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Could it be that the TSA pervs are licking their lips waiting to do cavity searches? I just don't think so. I may be wrong, but I just don't buy it.

I have always been perplexed why any terrorist group would go to such extremes when it would be easier to start out with dogs or cats in luggage holding. Even fruits and vegetables or that ordinary looking case of Pepsi could be a bomb. Why the emphasis on human bombs?

As such, why would you start out with a live Muslim victim bomber who needs surgery? Of course surgery requires a doctor or trained medical personnel beyond the average bomb maker skills. You would also need special medications and supplies.

You then need a covert place to hold up after a period of surgical recovery to be able to walk and act normally in order to be able to get on a plane going somewhere without drawing attention to yourself or blowing yourself up before time to do so.

Anyway, this seems like an over reaction to nonsense. If it's not nonsense then its just an excuse to begin searching the human body in a more costly manner while ensuring that the public will be outraged and delayed even more when flying on a plane.

Articles like this just don't make any logical sense and appear to be a tool of propaganda to instill fear and outrage in the minds of the flying public reading such nonsense and wondering just how far the government is going to prevent terrorism.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We already had one A** hole bomber already recently, didn't we? All he succeeded in doing was blowing himself up....I don't remember where or when, but it was in the last 2 or 3 months.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When you can inflate breasts with silicon pads without a problem, why
couldn´t one implant explosives ?
Why a mechanical timer, when you can do it by remote control like for a TV ?
I am convinced they have been working on that kind of bomb for some time.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah, laughable.

Laughable until they really do blow up a plane.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Man some of you guys sure are over compicating how simple this really is. Big deep insicion in the arm or leg, place in explosive in the incision, sew it up. wrap in badage. Why does this seem so hard to imagine? Yes infection, pain are high risks, but they dont plan on living long. Remember some powerfull explosions come in a small payload.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Give one example of when a "Terrorist" has used a device inside their person to detonate a device (that wasnt a false-flag event.)

Ok, smarty pants:

Bomber attempts to assassinate Saudi prince with a bomb inside his body.

Happy? Probably not, you'll claim this as a "false flag", I'm sure.

[edit on 30/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i can't see how surgically inserted bombs could work for them.

it would require major surgery and a degree of surgical expertise and facilities. they'd need to know how to keep the explosive contained inside the body whilst still being able to activate it. then they'd have to get the host fit enough after the surgery, that would take some time. it seems they'd need a lot of specific, medical, scientific and professional know how to pull something like that off and i doubt they have it.

even if they did have the ability to do the above ... they then have to get the syringe past security. they say bomb hosts will pose as diabetics but will diabetics have "detonator" fluid on them? hardly.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

The "how" isn't really up for discussion. What you describe in your post has no bearing. A simple incision into the abdomen, insert device, sew back up. Detonation could be via a variety of means, either by this injection method, to a remote detonation, a timer, right the way down to having a couple of leads dangling from the incision itself.

These people don't care about infection, or post operative recupperation, they are suicide bombers after all!!

They have the know how and have done it before. Don't forget, alot of these "terrorists" seem to be degree educated, some are engineers, some are doctors. You underestimate their ingenuity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join