It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scam of the global warming scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Mhmm, well here it is...
You can argue with your political talking heads as much as you want, you can say that someone nerfed some numbers presented in a journal...but you know what...statistics are bipartisan.

The process and problem of climate destablization has almost very little to do with how the weather is in your backyard...it has everything...let me repeat -everything- to do with the ocean temp.

I wont go into why its important to have a cool and stable ocean temperature...if you truely need to know, then I recommend picking up any 8th grade science textbook and go through some lessons...but the short of it is...the ocean is the engine for our environment...if we break the engine, the rest of the whole life stuff as we exist today...wont work so well.

Anyhow, onto the facts and stats.

in reality, only a single diagram need be shown here. Its a simple diagram progressing the ocean temp and landmass temp over the past 100+ years on earth. They make no political stances, they do not support or reject the philosophies of any POTUS, Prime Minister, or religion...they simply are what is.

Link to NASA source

Line plot of global mean land-ocean temperature index, 1880 to present, with the base period 1951-1980. The dotted black line is the annual mean and the solid red line is the five-year mean. The green bars show uncertainty estimates

ok, as we see here, a nice and steady increase in the ocean temp. See also how it has a very nice upswing to it within the last 50 years.

So, I guess the final question is...Whom do you wish to believe...scientists, machines that measure temperatures unbiasly, and common sense...or corporate sponsored politicians/pundants and a couple guys from germany whom do not even understand how a standard greenhouse works.

The corporations whom purchased some politicians (arguably a entire party) have zero facts to back them and only basic catch phrases. They rely on misusing words, spreading disinformation, and other means so not to be regulated (will regulations even work is a valid question however...personally, I think its using a eyedropper to stop a forest fire...but thats a different subject to begin with).

Why any thinking person would trust their lives and the life of the entire planet into corporation whom would have a vested interest in supressing and/or ridiculing such information is beyond me...the simple fact however is that there are still many people whom are corporate lead talkboxes.. Luckily statistics dont lie (interpretations do however...and that has been used by both sides).

Anyhow, discuss...and if there is credible evidence dismissing these stats, then post them. The only thing more damning in ignoring facts is supressing facts...remember also, interpretations of statistics are not facts...they are simply skewed versions of what people want the stats to mean verses what it actually means..so no opinions, no "one guy said it wasnt possible" quotes...actual verifiable hard stats...let the people make up their mind verses told what to think (personally, one quick view tells me all I need to know)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Incidently, there is most certainly a conspiracy here.

On one hand, you have the vast consensus of the scientific community worldwide (both institutional and independent scientists), ecologists, and machines that measure

On the other hand, you have corporations and a couple scientists that are discredited and said to be motivated by something else

both sides have politicians and talking heads...they dont count

So...two groups, one of them is lying. Which has the most to gain, which has the most to lose?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is not going to be a popular topic!!

But Im glad that you posted it, regardless of the critisism you may receive.

Here lately, it seems that one person call something BS, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
Next thing you know, you have "jethro" down the street preaching about how global warming is fake. Jethro is obviously not a scientist.

Are people using it as leverage? Politically? Absolutely.
But not everything in politics is a scam.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Weather you believe the report from iron mountain or not, its def. something to read. It has a LOT to do with what we are seeing today. Here is a part a chapter from the creature from Jekyll Island with references to the report from iron mountain. It is def. worth a read.
www.freedomforceinternational.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well news is out Osama say America is responsible for global warming.

Yes Osama is now on the GW bandwagon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Conspiracy? I think so.
Raist

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm new to this but aren't you talking about less than one degree over a hundred and twenty years. I'll take that thanks. That seems pretty good to me, a bit like the difference with 2035 icecaps and 2350 icecaps. Or am I showing my ignorance? please help me out because I'm a noob.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by feetus]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'm not really sure what you're getting at because when I look at your source things don't seem too bad.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by feetus

I'm new to this but aren't you talking about less than one degree over a hundred and twenty years. I'll take that thanks. That seems pretty good to me, a bit like the difference with 2035 icecaps and 2350 icecaps. Or am I showing my ignorance? please help me out because I'm a noob.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by feetus]

Linky 1 - Dead zones encompass 20% of the earths oceans in 90 years

Linky 2 - Grab your bathing suit, things are gonna get wet.

Long story short...the ocean has barely raised a degree and look what has already happened (you look...googles your friend...search and you will find more info than time to read it). Now...compound that with a couple more degrees and you have a wonderful disaster. The ocean is a carefully balanced ecosystem...in the grand scheme of things, a few degrees difference is catastrophic...but it serves a second purpose...it shows without a doubt that more heat is being produced/captured/not released on earth...there is no denying this unless you simply are insane. The ocean can act a bit like earths health indicator..

Consider your own body. 98.6 degrees...and if your higher than that...guess what...your sick. keep going higher and within a short time...your dead.

Sometimes people dont want to know all the science...they just want the jist of things...so, consider the ocean as the blood of mother earth...and if she has a fever, she is sick...well, she has a fever and its raising at an alarming rate. Ignore those whom disbelieve in sickness or those whom say being sick is great.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
...consider the ocean as the blood of mother earth...and if she has a fever, she is sick...well, she has a fever and its raising at an alarming rate. Ignore those whom disbelieve in sickness or those whom say being sick is great.

Great links, stats. Thanks.

Bump, with S&F

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think some glaciers are new and some moved to warmer locations
within the last 2600 years which makes things quite recent.
The fact is the approved course of study says repeat what the Illuminati tells
you or else. Their contamination of science is well known.

top topics

join