It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far back can you remember?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i was just under two, crawling up my father on the beach because the sand was shifting. needless to say, i hate sand. my conciousness began before i was three, and i have distinct memories of my life since, yet certain things fade.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi all, my earliest is I belive at 9 months old, the day my parents died, only thing is I don't see their faces, I hear them i see everything else around me but not their faces.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My earliest memory is being spoon fed by my Grandmother, she always said "the train goes in the tunnel" as she put the spoon in my mouth, it seemed a bit random even then. And the day I rode my bicycle without ... I don't know the English word, the two extra small wheels which balance a child's bicycle ... the day I rode my bike without them I felt like an adult

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I can remember being taught how to walk, It was at my grandparents home in the passage way, i was holding onto my grandfathers fingers.
and we were going up and down the passage way. my mother has confirmed that this event took place, sadly there are no photo's
this memory always brings a feeling of unbalnce to me. so maybee feelings/emotions have alot to do with memory, who knows.

[edit on 13/2/10 by Whateva69] to add age 8 to 9 months, mum said we all learnt to walk by pretty early, wich was average age for babys in our family.

[edit on 13/2/10 by Whateva69]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have several memories from when I was two years old, though I'm not sure which of them happened first. I remember the day my dad brought home my "big girl bed" and I cried because I wanted the pink bed, and he bought a blue one. (Apparently I was a brat. XD) I remember the day I hit my head on a door and had to go to the hospital, and I remember the morning my cousin put her foot through a plate of glass and had to go to the emergency room.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I remember having my diapers changed and being held against my Moms neck while sitting on her hip, her hair and that fragrance...

And being fed too! The earliest comprehension of time and age was at 2, and I can recall all my teeth coming in, and how important Dad was to us!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I have always had a weird before-birth memory. (which I droned on about in the before life threads...so I'll spare you.)

I also remember seeing a bottle in front of me and sucking from it. Looking up at it and wanting it while being in my mom or dad's arms. I can clearly see the bottles still in my head and everything. The most complex early memory was when I was 2 years old. My uncle had built me a kiddie pool out of wood and tarp. (ghetto! haha) I was scared at first because he said there was a shark in there.

Also, don't know exactly how far back this is , but I remember being able to picture things in my head and my "internal' voice in my mind and being able to imitate or 'hear' other peoples' voices in my head. I thought I had some kind of magical powers to be able to do that! I thought I was the only one who could picture things in their minds and have internal voices and all that. WRONG! Ha....I think that maybe this was when my mind began to develop or something...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Three. I fell down the steps. Four and five, I saw things that I can describe yet can give no logical explanation for. I saw a small horse in the yard, right by the porch, it was in broad daylight and it was a very tiny horse, white with red lips. At five, I saw a moving shadow on the wall when there should have been no shadow. Later on we get a call saying my grandfather passed earlier in the day. Also, another thing I remember at five is my first trick or treat, the crush I had on an older sibelings S.O.(R.I.P Tracy), the toy the S.O. gave me and cutting my hand with a razor blade (had to get stiches.)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My first memory is of the ocean. Down in Florida with my grandparents and parents. I was 1 year old, in the shallows of the ocean, looking out at the waves with my dad, and got knocked right on to my ass into the sand at the beach by a HUGE (to ME at that size
) wave. The next memory I have is sitting in my great aunt's backyard, on a ceramic donkey she had in her garden... This was by about 3 years old.

Wow, Great exercise here. I'd never really thought much about my first memories. Great thread!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I was born we lived in the basement of my grandparents house because the roof of the house my dad bought was "lifted" and one storey was added. I dont know why (now I know I have to ask him about that) but there was a kind of platform covered with carpet. This platform was located at the edge of a 5mx6m room and on the wallsides were mirrors.

I know that I was fascinated and tried to find out how a mirror works. The last thing I know is that I tried to run into myself in the mirror because I thought if I join myself with the mirror-self it would double myself.

maybe this is why I have a hooked nose

Must have been between my birthday and 1 1/2 years old, because then we moved to the house that got upgraded. Started walking when I was 8 months, talking (...nonesense...) with 13 months.
edit on 30-8-2011 by verschickter because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Let me recall... yes going with my dad and leaving with my mom... remember it clearly!

That part I'm kidding about, however as a few have mention already, while in the womb, maybe 2 months before being born. Remember voices and excitement around me.. I suspect it was around Christmas someone saying this is for him when he is born. Humm..

The day I was born.. very painful.. remember this pressure on my head in two different spots. My mother told me they had to use forcepts(sp) to pull me out. Bastards! I did'nt want to leave.
When I told her I remember that, she said your crazy. then I went on to tell her others events and she said how is it that you remember these things. Starting at just a week old and knowing that once my mother pick me up I was about to get a warm sensation inside of me.. I was breast feed. That feeling lasted only a short time when I recall her coming into the living room that she put my Bassinet near the fireplace to keep me warmer when I recall her letting out a horrible scream that caused me to start crying as well and remember everyone in the house were yelling and my mother continue to scream... (while she was bending over to pick me up with her back to the fireplace her nightgown caught on fire)
From that point on I remember me crying alot with hunger pains (this was when she was in the hospital with 30-40% burns on her back and legs.) From that point on I was given some nasty formula that caused me to have hugh stomach cramps and I would cry until I fell to sleep in pain. Of course I only knew that as a infant, but nobody else did(how could they).. I was not what my mother would of provided had she been there. What seem like forever, I felt what it was like to be force to consume this formula and have the results later.. I was not a happy baby. Maybe that why at 56 yrs old I'm really cranky today if I get hungry!

From that point on I still remeber events that I can blow my mother away with what I recall
Even to this day she just shakes here head in disbelief.

I could go on like Doc did and give some really good details.. But I'm out of time

Jesse

edit on 31-8-2011 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think I remember not understanding speech.

I have a hazy memory - of being in a crib - and my grandfather coming in to give me a very ugly teddy bear!!!

I remember having no idea what the noises were coming from his mouth.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Silent Thunder.. wanted to also mention that I can go further back from this..

Spot on thread!

I'm surprised that not many can do this with so few replies that would indicate this..

It is who we are.. regardless.

My question has become... what is next?

Can I change what I want to happen?
Or.. is it meant to be if I can't?
Perception.. it's a tough call.

Right now it's precision guess work.. so to speak.

Your thoughts? And everyone else that wish to express there concept..I know your thinking you might know.
Put it into writing for us...No one can argue that point.
Even now there are alot of these for me ??????????????????

It goes without saying... I just want to know.

Jesse

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am glad you ask !!!

I can remember going on a picnic with my father and going home with my mother.

NO, NO ! Not what you first thought.

When I was about three, my family and some friends went to the top of a local mountain for a picnic. My dad was always a little crazy and wanted to pull a prank. He knew there was a ledge just over the side of a bluff and set me down on it. I do remember I could barely see over the top of the ground by standing up and it looked like it went down forever.

My mother missed me and ask where I was. Like a dummy my dad said something like, "I saw him over there a moment ago", pointing toward the bluff. I thought it was funny, myself.

Mother ran over as I stood up; she was not happy!!

The trip home was very quiet and I sat close to my mother.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I've always asked people I know this same exact question, and no one has remembered past maybe 5 or 6 yrs old. I, on the other hand, can remember waaayyy back.... I'd say I was 2 or 3 yrs. old. I've had a crazy childhood so, I think that's why I can remember that far back.

I actually remember my thoughts back then. I didn't understand death. So I though people just kept growing, eventually becoming giants.

I have many memories from then, but they're a little too explicit.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can remember as early back as age 2. I have surprised my parents by telling them about the house we use to live in, the book I use to have them read to me, and my grandmothers apartment suite.

Funny that I can remember that far back, but sometimes not remember what I did yesterday! Memory is a funny thing!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I have posted about a memory I have before I was born.

I can clearly remember being taking out of a dark place into the light, there were two entities one on each side of me I had no body but I know I am a soul.
I did not see a floor or ceiling or walls just the brightest white that I have never seen while living. I remember turning around and seeing long screens with thousands of images of history of events that have taken placed on earth. I was instructed to select my birth parents that will put me to the closest path for my purpose and journey.

I was only given several couples to choose from, from the screen, I saw events of these couples future it was painful in some cases.
I do remember resisting in making my choice, but the two entities informed me that I have to do this.
I remember feeling a little scared I did not want to do this; the two entities assured me that I would be fine.
I do recall one of the entities telling me, that "I will be a self."
The entities, are hard to describe, I can only remember their outline of their spiritual bodies, they were also white, their eyes were dark, that is all I seem to remember about them.
There was a sense of authority from these two entities.
I do remember everything was communicated to me mentally, with strong awareness.

I know when we die, we go back home, we always reunite as one. We are more alive there, than we are here.

I know some people in here, will say I have a vivid imagination, but I can tell you all this is very real to me. I have never forgotten it, it’s a powerful memory, and it has a very strong awareness to it.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by impressme]

I could of wrote this myself!

this is almost 100% my memory.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My earliest memory in this life..

I 'ran away' from home because I felt like I didn't belong there and needed to get away. I couldn't tell you now why I felt that way back then,I just knew I had to go,and so when I was left alone for a few minutes,I climbed down the porch steps and crossed the yard,walked my little self along the road side in a kind of grassy ditch until my big brother found me and fetched me back home to my extremely upset mother. I was rather upset myself.

That was a few months before my 2nd birthday,which I remember quite vividly. I have always thought my family conspired to keep me home by spoiling me rotten that day. Best party I ever had. Of course it didn't work..I left home at age 14 and never looked back.

True story,all of it.

I notice that almost every retelling here is from about age 2. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
What's your earliest memory and how old were you when you had it?

Well I remember visiting my step grandmother once. My older brother and I went upstairs to greet her but we put pillows under our shirts to mock her portliness.

She died when I was 3. It's a shame I don't have a more pleasant memory of her.

I remember when I was 4 or 5 I went to the supermarket with my parents and grandfather. Somehow I wandered off. I remember trying to get back to the supermarket walking 3 or 4 blocks without any luck. Then I saw a house with a "block parent" sign. In junior kindergarden we were taught to go to these houses in case of emergencies.

I knocked on the door told the people I was lost, they called the police. I told the policeman my parents were at the grocery store and he drove me there. My family was so relieved.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
my earliest memory i have is very specific. I am 3 years old and i am playing with my wooden train set when my dad walks in holding up a pheasant that he had just shot with his rifle to show my mother. He then suggested that they eat it for dinner, he then took off his flat cap and sweater vest and walked into the kitchen.

That's where my memory ends, anyone know why most people can't remember earlier than 3? I just thought there might be a scientific explanation for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join